Mojave Speed Mojave guys (or anyone else), is this considered a Mojave?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. There's photos floating around when I used to bend stock rear shafts.

View attachment 241490
Throwing shafts an the damage that gos with it makes the hobby VERY FRUSTRATING.might go run cars before it rains..think I can run a 120 on 3s with new vendetta car I just built..if ya wanna meet me down there

Throwing shafts an the damage that gos with it makes the hobby VERY FRUSTRATING.might go run cars before it rains..think I can run a 120 on 3s with new vendetta car I just built..if ya wanna meet me down there
Good luck man. Hope you do it! I'm not going to be able to make it. I just passed through there. I've got some things at work that need to be taken care of

Hopefully In mouth or so I will be offering drive shifts for speed runs if my testing goes right???
I be glad to test some out.hell I'll throw some cash for some to test...have you made any swb shafts?about to try an beat my all time 140mph pb with gt car on 6s....should be a good $hitshow...I normally run lower volts an try to stay under 130..bad things start happening above 130 for me normally..lol

Wait what!?!? I guess y’all forgot who was the FIRST true Mojave6s at and over 100!!
In case y’all did forget who was the first TRUE Mojave 6s to reach 100 w runs 101&103 on 6s here ya go! View attachment 241330View attachment 241332View attachment 241333View attachment 241334View attachment 241335View attachment 241336
And for y’all that didn’t know Google me!! Haha. #worldsfastestmojave6s.

Thank you 🙏🏻
I give you credit for pushing me to do a Mojave 6S speed build. You were for sure the first I know of to do it.

That said, I did 107mph on my first pass 🤷🏻‍♂️🤘🏻🤣
I didn't know he did 130! Damn!! Now I have goals but that's a big number....

hahaha get it on there and go baby!

Those are sweet, I too am curious how you are making them and getting them straight and what not? Awesome though no doubt
I put it away before I moved this winter and haven’t gone back to it. My goal was to use the Raz V2 CF shafts for the Infraction. I think it needs extended both ways, but that’s just my best recollection right now.

I give you credit for pushing me to do a Mojave 6S speed build. You were for sure the first I know of to do it.

I put it away before I moved this winter and haven’t gone back to it. My goal was to use the Raz V2 CF shafts for the Infraction. I think it needs extended both ways, but that’s just my best recollection right now.
I have a possible thing in the works that would help the driveshafts but we will see when it shows up. That would be sweet to use them though. That would be a good fix.

I bumped the truck up to 8s today and did 97 on a short road with 88% throttle so im hyped to get back out there but it needs a little lovin before I stretch it anymore.
Hopefully In mouth or so I will be offering drive shifts for speed runs if my testing goes right???
For what chassis? All of them?

The photo of the drive is not finished .38 degree angle plus some mill work . A file on harden steel good luck and keep it balanced with a file?

Forgot about the hardened... :unsure: Using a grinder would work.

Have been thinking how balanced the shafts must be at about 100 mph. Most shafts on my cars are somehow bent. Perhaps using Arrma #311027 makes sense.

Was wondering of the ends of the shaft could be cut off and then flattened. Inbetween a 12mm titanium rod that gets thinned out in the mittle on a lathe to about 7mm diameter. A 5mm hole could be drilled at both ends and then the shaft ends are kept in position with grub screws. With a 12mm titanium rod an a 5mm hole that would be 3,5mm material around the shaft ends. Just enough for two or three grub screws next to each other. I don't have a lathe. Otherwise I would try around.

Been wondering how Raz Shifrin connects his carbon rod to the shaft ends.

There is something so "weird" about a Mojave mit a huge front spoiler. It's fine to me on an Infraction but on a Mojave it's just very awkward. A bit like it's not a Mojave anymore. A bit like putting a Limitless body on a stretched Typhon and going bashing. But then - it's about the fun.

20211130_024713.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot about the hardened... :unsure: Using a grinder would work.

Have been thinking how balanced the shafts must be at about 100 mph. Most shafts on my cars are somehow bent. Perhaps using Arrma #311027 makes sense.

Was wondering of the ends of the shaft could be cut off and then flattened. Inbetween a 12mm titanium rod that gets thinned out in the mittle on a lathe to about 7mm diameter. A 5mm hole could be drilled at both ends and then the shaft ends are kept in position with grub screws. With a 12mm titanium rod an a 5mm hole that would be 3,5mm material around the shaft ends. Just enough for two or three grub screws next to each other. I don't have a lathe. Otherwise I would try around.

Been wondering how Raz Shifrin connects his carbon rod to the shaft ends.

There is something so "weird" about a Mojave mit a huge front spoiler. It's fine to me on an Infraction but on a Mojave it's just very awkward. A bit like it's not a Mojave anymore. A bit like putting a Limitless body on a stretched Typhon and going bashing. But then - it's about the fun.

View attachment 241961
Here is my Mojave chassis stretched Typhon/ Limitless

46ACE71C-18FC-4D56-8456-5AC03147910F.jpeg

Bro u have some of the cleanest sickest build dude! Honored to have been an inspiration to ur Mojave. However, as I stated when I first went on this journey to be the first Mojave 6s at 100, in order for it to be a contender to the title, one must have a true Mojave. Mojave chasis, towers, shocks, body, etc. the only thing in my Mojave that wasn’t for a Mojave is my gears. That’s it. I’m getting ready to run her again to see what she will do since the rebuild. I was doing the losi racing since I last left off w this beast!! One thing that has also kept me from running her is my limited range and location. So if anyone could plz chime in on how I can extend the range on my dx5c pro / sr6100at set up then I’ll be more than happy to fully send this bad boy!!
For those that don’t know, here ya go ;-)

Love the video!! (y)

I guess arms, body and chassis should be Mojave. The rest adds fun.

That's pretty awesome to look at that lineup. You are truly the typhon man, those are your babies.

When you had shaft problems on the Mojave chassis was it the front or rear? Or both?
Don't make me call the typhon gang on speed dial. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I found the sound of the stock Infracton on the speed pinion was awful. The other thing was the handling. Once the rear broke out there was no saving. It would just slide sideways. That was scary. I guess that is one of the reasons why there are so many Infraction videos where it hits the curb. Guess it's due to the stock tires combined with the middle differential.

Sold it and got the Limitless. That one goes very straight as there is no center differential. I have been tempted to build that one into an Infraction just because the handling at speed is so much better than with the center differential. The Limitless I had set up with a MAX5 and the 1100KV motor, stiffer springs on the shocks. On 8s the theoretical speed was 217km/h. (approx 130 mph). Kept looking for places to drive but didn't find anything suitable. The one place that would have been good always had some huge trailer standing in the way. Would have been perfect otherwise early Sunday mornings. Would not risk it. So I installed a MAX6 with a 1650KV and a pretty small pinion. Now at about 110km/h and nice for a mix of driving and some speed. But kind of missing the Limitless abilities....

Now the thought of speed running the Mojave is kind of interesting. After all it is very stable on rough terrain. Find it a bit difficult to calculate the speed. I used to use https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/

But since Arrma changed the "compare site" it's a bit tedious finding the necessary data.
What tires are you using?
Center diff definitely doesn't stop you from going straight. I have them in my limitless/Felony/Infraction and all 3 go straight no problem. Matter of fact, I just put a spool in one of my stretched typhons and it doesn't want to go straight unless I ease into the throttle, I need to figure that out. :ROFLMAO:
Does the one on the Right Qualify? Its got a Mohave chassis and bits and pieces. i have most of the parts for a Mohave, just need the body and Arms.
Bad Wolf is Allot Lighter than a Mohave. Quick over grass. I have a 23 pinion coming next week too ;-)
Arrma is Awesome!

View attachment 241055
Nice! what arms are those on the typhon on the right?

Last edited:
Bro u have some of the cleanest sickest build dude! Honored to have been an inspiration to ur Mojave. However, as I stated when I first went on this journey to be the first Mojave 6s at 100, in order for it to be a contender to the title, one must have a true Mojave. Mojave chasis, towers, shocks, body, etc. the only thing in my Mojave that wasn’t for a Mojave is my gears. That’s it. I’m getting ready to run her again to see what she will do since the rebuild. I was doing the losi racing since I last left off w this beast!! One thing that has also kept me from running her is my limited range and location. So if anyone could plz chime in on how I can extend the range on my dx5c pro / sr6100at set up then I’ll be more than happy to fully send this bad boy!!
For those that don’t know, here ya go ;-)
Yep mine is 100% Mojave EXB plus the stuff I’ve made for it. Mojave chassis, towers, shocks, body, etc

I have been looking for tires. Don't need expensive Bananas. The Hoons I don't trust at anything over 90mph.
Any recommendations with availability in Europe?

I have been looking for tires. Don't need expensive Bananas. The Hoons I don't trust at anything over 90mph.
Any recommendations with availability in Europe?
Not sure if they are over there but I'm assuming they are. Grp tires. They are the best. I have been using soft compound and they are so sticky and grippy I love it. I'm not sliding around all the time though, if you are doing that then you want the hard compound

Are the GRPs well balanced or do you have to balance them? I did balance mine with hot glue but I am not sure if it was necessary. Looks awful as the hot glue can be seen from outside. Up to what speed have you used the GRPs?

Last edited:
Are the GRPs well balanced or do you have to balance them? I did balance mine with hot glue but I am not sure if it was necessary. Looks awful as the hot glue can be seen from outside. Up to what speed have you used the GRPs?
The new ones are supposed to be very balanced. I have never tested them but I probably should get a balancer one of these days. I have used them to 124 because thats my PB but I am certain they have been run higher than that

I saw a build of Raz and he went to 150mph with them. He said they don't are fine till 130 -140 mph and are OK without balancing.

Last edited:
She got some love in the past couple days! She got a set of Jim's ceramic bearings, Nero springs, 8s fitted, front and rear diff lockers from scorched, and a pinnochio spool along with double 135mm shafts from scorched 😁😁 just a few more things I want to do before I run it again and see what I can get. Praying for no flips 🤞🏼🤞🏼

0923F33F-D5BC-43EC-8CA7-72D021CA9E3B.jpeg
DD51606C-E1F7-4BA4-8876-E4B6FAAD7344.jpeg
E059DDA2-4E9A-46E9-8D96-7D361AD49499.jpeg

Truck did 117 mph yesterday on its 8s maiden voyage. I was a bit nervous so I didn't give it all the juice. I was at full throttle for just hardly a second before I let off. Then I figured out that something was up in the front diff so front wheel drive wasn't working. Later realized I never put loctite on a couple grub screws of the scorched locker so nothing broke but it was just loose in there and giving no power to the front. After I figured that out I also put a slightly larger pinion on mostly to get the motor further away from the center outdrive cup but also of course for a little more speed. Stayed nice and planted though so I am thrilled. My PB is currently 124 with my typhon so I am excited to top that with this truck soon :ROFLMAO:
:devilish:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back