Mojave Speed Mojave guys (or anyone else), is this considered a Mojave?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
First off, obviously this is not a Mojave body so I'm fully understanding if we all might not consider it a mojave. This was my fireteam that got heavily changed....but I had it setup to do 80 and it did it without issue. Put a little bigger pinion on and did 90. But now I'm of course wanting to see 100 with it. So my question is can I be in the group of fast Mojave guys or am I too far off the Mojave path?
694FD2CF-13C0-488B-B786-EF95AF69F77E.jpeg
51EAA78C-B607-4B9B-9431-43193E95C8EE.jpeg
70677E92-6A75-4C34-80FF-D1956F70BB6A.jpeg
925DD659-CC46-4447-BDBA-1082468EF078.jpeg

You may do so! Looks pretty cool with that open back!

The main rule is to have fun with this hobby.
I have way too much fun with this hobby! :ROFLMAO: There is just so much to do. This thing is my love though. Lots of work to make it the way I wanted it.

Most definitely!
Oh yeah you have a sweet mojave yourself! Weren't you building it into a wagon? and of course I know @jondilly1974 has a mean one too. Do we have a Mojave speed chart anywhere on the forum?

First off, obviously this is not a Mojave body so I'm fully understanding if we all might not consider it a mojave. This was my fireteam that got heavily changed....but I had it setup to do 80 and it did it without issue. Put a little bigger pinion on and did 90. But now I'm of course wanting to see 100 with it. So my question is can I be in the group of fast Mojave guys or am I too far off the Mojave path?View attachment 240079View attachment 240080View attachment 240081View attachment 240082
Looks cool😎 I can't speak of speed running, I barely hit 40mph with my stuff. I love seeing what y'all do with them tho!! I'm content to watch from the sidelines.. good luck!!

Looks cool😎 I can't speak of speed running, I barely hit 40mph with my stuff. I love seeing what y'all do with them tho!! I'm content to watch from the sidelines.. good luck!!
It is a lot of fun to have it go screaming by but man when it goes wrong it is a horrible feeling .........:ROFLMAO:

It is a lot of fun to have it go screaming by but man when it goes wrong it is a horrible feeling .........:ROFLMAO:
Yup, they make a loud Ka-ching sound!!$$$ Trust me, if I could, I would be a speed runner too!! I'm excited for ya tho!

Yup, they make a loud Ka-ching sound!!$$$ Trust me, if I could, I would be a speed runner too!! I'm excited for ya tho!

1:1 Auto Body Shop Owners use to make that sound Only WHEN it rains..
But now a days with SO many people moving here and traffic feels a lot like downtown LA or San Diego, that that sound happens nonstop on a daily basis..

That’s definitely not a Mojave. Dude, you’ve even got a Fireteam decal on it🤦‍♂️!
Now if you put a Mojave decal on the body, then you’re in business.😉
Good luck with the 100mph🤞
Hahaha shhhh not supposed to see that.......I was just going through my stickers and was like hey that looks kinda cool! Im going to cover it in mojave decals now because of you. Thank you sir 🙌

@K-BASH might be able to help. He was running a mojave last year.

oooo yeah thats right I remeber mr @K-BASH was doing it as well. He has since moved on to his little nut case mini typhon :ROFLMAO:
Gave up speedrunning anything but swb cars...couldn't keep centershafts in the xlwb chassis..destroyed them all.got 140 with typhon body on Mojave chassis..only managed 107mph with Mojave body..the longer shafts couldn't handle the rpms,fly apart an tore all kinds of $hit up everytime

Gave up speedrunning anything but swb cars...couldn't keep centershafts in the xlwb chassis..destroyed them all.got 140 with typhon body on Mojave chassis..only managed 107mph with Mojave body..the longer shafts couldn't handle the rpms,fly apart an tore all kinds of $hit up everytime
Did you ever try any aftermarket shafts? I think I remember you saying you tried m2c ones?

Did you ever try any aftermarket shafts? I think I remember you saying you tried m2c ones?
Tried gpm,scorched ,an m2c.tore them all up.the longer the shaft ,the more likely to break.bending a shaft well above 100mph an that shaft Flys around in chassis destroying everything it touchs...

First off, obviously this is not a Mojave body so I'm fully understanding if we all might not consider it a mojave. This was my fireteam that got heavily changed....but I had it setup to do 80 and it did it without issue. Put a little bigger pinion on and did 90. But now I'm of course wanting to see 100 with it. So my question is can I be in the group of fast Mojave guys or am I too far off the Mojave path?View attachment 240079View attachment 240080View attachment 240081View attachment 240082
It's like me calling this a Typhon. Might be 6 parts left that are from a Typhon, but that's what it started it's life as, so that's what I'm going with.
20220829_234238-01.jpeg

It's like me calling this a Typhon. Might be 6 parts left that are from a Typhon, but that's what it started it's life as, so that's what I'm going with.View attachment 240135
Hahaha yup! But by that theory mine is a fireteam..... World fastest fireteam? I'll take it 😂

Everyone of my cars is a smorgasbord of all kinds of cars...imo chassis length is how to call them.i think chassis length affects the 6s lineup the most.the diffrences between swb lwb xlwb is the most distinguishing way in how they drive.diffrences in these 3 typhons was very appearant.

20211015_030911.jpg

Everyone of my cars is a smorgasbord of all kinds of cars...imo chassis length is how to call them.i think chassis length affects the 6s lineup the most.the diffrences between swb lwb xlwb is the most distinguishing way in how they drive.diffrences in these 3 typhons was very appearant.

View attachment 240140
That's pretty awesome to look at that lineup. You are truly the typhon man, those are your babies.

When you had shaft problems on the Mojave chassis was it the front or rear? Or both?

View attachment 240140
@joshludden - you, kbash and your all's triplets! :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back