Typhon Speed runner Typhon 6S ~ UK built fast, not bought fast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see you got a couple of the WTF fans too, they are like tiny giant wind generators..???
I haven't tried them yet but I did do my research first and came to the conclusion that they were the best to buy especially for the price. One of the fans in the picture (one on right) is a 40mm which they sent incorrectly so just waiting on a replacement now.

I went for two WTF "Windy Motor" cooling fans which are actually a 34x34x16mm fan but with the same mounting points as a conventional 30mm fan. Supposed to spin at 23K+ rpm so I know they're going to be noisey but I don't care as long as they shift air to aid cooling.
Going to be interesting to see though how they fit under the Typhon bodyshell (I did measure first so I'm sure it will be fine). :unsure:

Ahh, they are the ones with the shaped inlets..??????

I've had them in my cart for weeks just not bought them yet, I'll wait now for you to be my guinea pig tester.?????

Ahh, they are the ones with the shaped inlets..??????

I've had them in my cart for weeks just not bought them yet, I'll wait now for you to be my guinea pig tester.?????
That's the ones. It was the specs of the fan that sold me but they look pretty cool too.

Will post once they're fitted etc and let you know if they were worth it. (y)

Looking good, especially with the stock electronics! I may have to try loosing the wing too! Right after I loose the Max6 ESC!

New PB! 92MPH. 23T/34T gearing. Wing removed.

Nice runs!

I kinda feel like you did not say on full throttle as long on your first run (with the wing). Looked like the car had a little more to give. Or maybe my ears were playing tricks on me. :cool:

New PB! 92MPH. 23T/34T gearing. Wing removed.
Well done and interesting to watch. (y)

I think though you may have just about reached all that gearing set up will give you or at least near enough. According to the online "RC car calculator" that someone else showed me before it should do around 99.6mph with that gearing but then there are variables that it doesn't take into account (wind resistance, drag, weight ratio etc).
Link here: http://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/

Congrats on the PB.

Well done and interesting to watch. (y)

I think though you may have just about reached all that gearing set up will give you or at least near enough. According to the online "RC car calculator" that someone else showed me before it should do around 99.6mph with that gearing but then there are variables that it doesn't take into account (wind resistance, drag, weight ratio etc).
Link here: http://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/

Congrats on the PB.
Thank you! Yes, part of the fun and challenge is to see what I can squeeze out for a given gear ratio. I don't expect to squeeze out much more unless I'm pointed downhill with a tailwind lol. I'm curious if a cap pack might make any difference.

Nice runs!

I kinda feel like you did not say on full throttle as long on your first run (with the wing). Looked like the car had a little more to give. Or maybe my ears were playing tricks on me. :cool:
Thank you! On an earlier outing, same setup w/wing, my best 2 out of 5 runs were 88MPH. It's still possible there may still be a little more left but I'm using the original transmitter and not sure how much range I can expect. I also find keeping a straight line as it approaches me much harder than when it's moving away. I should conduct a range test.

This arrived today....

View attachment 37040

Looking forward to hopefully getting a chance to try it out this weekend providing nothing scuppers my plans. :D
I really need one of those. Just too busy trying to finish my typhon. Had to pull the brand new max6 and order a xlx for it. Where did you get your dynamite speedometer? I can't really find deals on them anywhere.

I have the Dynamite, it works OK, takes a bit to understand the menu, and it is small, so hard on old eyes, especially in the sun.:)
It's pretty intuitive to me because it works the same as the SkyRC GPS I did have. Even the data logging program is the same.

Still you're not wrong about the screen, would be much better if it was back lit and with bigger text. (y)

Where did you get your dynamite speedometer? I can't really find deals on them anywhere.
I can guarantee you'll be able to get one cheaper than me, ...being based in the UK some parts are always more expensive for us. I got mine from Modelsport UK and it was £93 odd delivered (that's $120 odd :oops: ).

$88 here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Dynamite-D...er-DYN4401/2255468081?iid=302451764605&chn=ps
Maybe @cootertwo could tell you how much he paid and where he got his from.

You gotta hold on to your wallet, when you click the link. They have a way of knowing how much money you have in there! ha ha ha

Had some time to myself this evening so was finally able to test the WTF "Windy Motor" cooling fans I bought, trial fit them, do some mods to one of the heat sinks and finally fit everything all in place.
@BashingBrian

The mod I had to do to one of the heat sinks was needed to clear the Arrma motor wiring as well as the end cap screws. Pretty simple really just cutting off some pieces to allow clearance. Another mod as I mentioned earlier in the thread was that I had to re-tap the threads on these heat sinks as they were a peculiar size ~ I used an M3 tap on the holes which worked fine.

71.JPG

I decided to run my motor fans off the receiver spare port so firstly checked that it worked as well as the fans.
Once I knew the motors all worked I set to laying the wiring in place which required moving the ESC briefly to make sure the wires wouldn't get tangled up with any of the moving parts (driveshaft, servo etc). For now I cable tied the wiring in a loop where I had excess length to keep it all tidy. Looks pretty tidy I think and the fans seem to work very well.

72.JPG

73.JPG

Seems to have enough clearance I think so pretty happy with that.
74.JPG

75.JPG

Some people moan about fans being too noisy but honestly I think what the f*** are they moaning about, ...it's not like we sit in these things and drive them! :ROFLMAO:
As long as the fans do the job intended and keep the motor cool then that's all that matters. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back