Limitless Speed Runners - Reading Castle Data Logs and ESC Settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the first thing you did for each pass was pull your car out of the ditch
Funny guy

martin scorsese book GIF

Oh man, I am really starting to realize that I may have issues reading my logs as soon as I swap in my Castle system. Hooray for colorblindness.
You can view one data line at a time. It just will take you considerably longer to look at everything....

I figured as much, but it is making it really difficult to read other people's logs and learn from them
This won’t help you see other people’s logs, but the Castle software does let you choose the color for each line on the graph. That way you’ll hopefully be able to compare the most important data without difficulty.

Some additional notes.

The updated XLX2 runs fine with 6 pole motors (TP 56xx and 58xx) if on the original 2.11 software.
If your castle link software is updated with later revisions it will force you to update your XLX2 to the latest software before you can adjust settings, so double check that prior to plugging your ESC in.

Ignore all that d-wind software updates junk, it was always a hardware/manufacturing issue related to a short into the ESC case.

If you update to later software versions there is no way to revert that I am aware of.

Some additional notes.

The updated XLX2 runs fine with 6 pole motors (TP 56xx and 58xx) if on the original 2.11 software.
If your castle link software is updated with later revisions it will force you to update your XLX2 to the latest software before you can adjust settings, so double check that prior to plugging your ESC in.

Ignore all that d-wind software updates junk, it was always a hardware/manufacturing issue related to a short into the ESC case.

If you update to later software versions there is no way to revert that I am aware of.
Now that it has been tracked down, is there a fix for the hardware issue and DWind motors?

Now that it has been tracked down, is there a fix for the hardware issue and DWind motors?
The only thing I am aware of is when production ramped up (after the hand made beta tester models) the board didn't have enough thermally conductive yet electrically isolating material between the board and the lower ESC case. Shorts would occur and send the ESC up in smoke. This occurred with any motor, some times just during throttle calibration (no real load). The D-wind thing I honestly think was an incorrect claim. The original software runs just fine with D-wind motors.

Some additional notes.

So if I have 2.12 installed, what is the issue?

Then if you are going to run a 6 pole 56 can with the XLX2 is better to use the original software and not the updated right?
According to the pros of speed running (guys doing over 170mph)
Yes!

😵‍💫 So much complex info to absorb and understand with this part of the hobby. If I even can. Sure is interesting though. Y’all have any recommendations for beginner videos?

😵‍💫 So much complex info to absorb and understand with this part of the hobby. If I even can. Sure is interesting though. Y’all have any recommendations for beginner videos?

There are a few out there by Raz but not many that break down log reading...
That is something I should probably do at some point.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back