Typhon Speedrun esc advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never ran my 8s esc on over 5s.....it's a must for the speeds I wanna run...will never run it on higher volts..I just need it's 400amps of power from it
Oh ok I see what your saying.so I'm not familiar with 5s.actually never seen one before.i own a few 2 s lipos and a few 3s lipo .when I need 4s I use the 2 x 2s and when I need the 6s I use my 2x 3s lipos together.mostly on my speed boats.so what does a 5s look like?

Or did I misunderstand?
I think @K-BASH ’s comments about voltage were strictly about the speed calculator.

Battery voltage sags under load, so you reduce the voltage in the speed calculator for a more accurate estimate.

Yes ,exactly what dure16 said☝️
I use 10v for 3s
12v for 4s
15v for 5s
17v 6s
Got ya sorry I re read the thread lol. That makes sense the voltage would drop under load. My dumb self packed the car batteries spare tools etc to work with me and learned on lunch break I forgot the controller smh.

Got ya sorry I re read the thread lol. That makes sense the voltage would drop under load. My dumb self packed the car batteries spare tools etc to work with me and learned on lunch break I forgot the controller smh.
Hawgwild I just noticed your avatar lol.from a distance all's I can see was a pink blur untill I really looked closely and noticed what your avatar was .👍

What's a good mph to try to get out of this thing before I buy a limitless or infraction and get serious?

Gonna try to find this battery.

Screenshot_20221228-200416_Chrome.jpg

I have a 3s typhon and running a Spektrum 1900kv motor with a spectrum 130-amp esc on 4s and that's more than enough for a 3s typhon. Here are some motors for size comparison. Spektrum 160-amp esc and a Max 5 and a max 6.
100_1010.JPG
100_1011 (1).JPG

100_1008 (1).JPG

Last edited:
I put xlx2 in vendetta, not just to do it....I maxed the mmx8s out at 400a an required the xlx2s power to go faster.....kinda sucked to need the most powerful esc to progress..lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back