Senton Uhh so this happened on my speedrun tonight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
So tonight after work I decided to take my new Senton out for a little tuning & fun. I just put a new 35kg High Torque Servo on Just a few hours ago and wanted to get everything tuned right and going straight. I gave it the juice a couple times & everything seemed good! Not sure if it was me or just an untuned servo (probably me) but while at full throttle, the car turned slightly to the left and head on into a tree. Thought all was well but when I went to check on my bumper repair to see if it had held up through the crash, the whole chassis flexed and I was surprised to see this.
IMG_0921.jpeg

All of that work fitting the servo. But you know what, I had the biggest smile on my face afterwards so thats what matters. Also snapped a driveshaft. I know you shouldn't upgrade to all aluminum parts due to weight and bending factors But I am thinking of putting an Aluminum Driveshaft. Also keeping the plastic chassis but putting a metal brace at the bottom. Let me know your thoughts & suggestions on this carnage 😂
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

IMG_0927.jpeg

I’m a big fan of the chassis brace. But my money is on the tree winning every time.

So tonight after work I decided to take my new Senton out for a little tuning & fun. I just put a new 35kg High Torque Servo on Just a few hours ago and wanted to get everything tuned right and going straight. I gave it the juice a couple times & everything seemed good! Not sure if it was me or just an untuned servo (probably me) but while at full throttle, the car turned slightly to the left and head on into a tree. Thought all was well but when I went to check on my bumper repair to see if it had held up through the crash, the whole chassis flexed and I was surprised to see this. View attachment 346942
All of that work fitting the servo. But you know what, I had the biggest smile on my face afterwards so thats what matters. Also snapped a driveshaft. I know you shouldn't upgrade to all aluminum parts due to weight and bending factors But I am thinking of putting an Aluminum Driveshaft. Also keeping the plastic chassis but putting a metal brace at the bottom. Let me know your thoughts & suggestions on this carnage 😂View attachment 346946View attachment 346944View attachment 346945
View attachment 346943

You probably blinked right when that rogue lighting bolt hit your car sending it towards the tree. ;) If your going to break something do it with style. I'd say you achieved that. (y) Actually looks quite impressive.

You probably blinked right when that rogue lighting bolt hit your car sending it towards the tree. ;) If your going to break something do it with style. I'd say you achieved that. (y) Actually looks quite impressive.
Lol thanks! Yeah those pesky lightning bolts. I just really wish I caught it on video so I can relive the amazingness 😂

So tonight after work I decided to take my new Senton out for a little tuning & fun. I just put a new 35kg High Torque Servo on Just a few hours ago and wanted to get everything tuned right and going straight. I gave it the juice a couple times & everything seemed good! Not sure if it was me or just an untuned servo (probably me) but while at full throttle, the car turned slightly to the left and head on into a tree. Thought all was well but when I went to check on my bumper repair to see if it had held up through the crash, the whole chassis flexed and I was surprised to see this. View attachment 346942
All of that work fitting the servo. But you know what, I had the biggest smile on my face afterwards so thats what matters. Also snapped a driveshaft. I know you shouldn't upgrade to all aluminum parts due to weight and bending factors But I am thinking of putting an Aluminum Driveshaft. Also keeping the plastic chassis but putting a metal brace at the bottom. Let me know your thoughts & suggestions on this carnage 😂View attachment 346946View attachment 346944View attachment 346945
View attachment 346943
OUCH. That was quite a collision. FYI: I ordered and installed an M2C chassis brace for my brand new Kraton 4s 1/10 V2.5. I have yet to try it because of the temps here in northern Canada. Here are a couple of photos for you. (Before and after) I really don't think it would have eliminated all of the damage you sustained, but it might be worth a try...

20240131_162603[1].jpg

20240131_161028[1].jpg

That's a clean break, shoe good that thing back together :cool:.

We have a couple 3S chassis with shoe goo holding them together.

Night Court Work GIF by Laff

I’m a big fan of the chassis brace. But my money is on the tree winning every time.
Haha yeah I’d probably put my bet on that too 😂
Good to know you’re a fan tho 🤙
OUCH. That was quite a collision. FYI: I ordered and installed an M2C chassis brace for my brand new Kraton 4s 1/10 V2.5. I have yet to try it because of the temps here in northern Canada. Here are a couple of photos for you. (Before and after) I really don't think it would have eliminated all of the damage you sustained, but it might be worth a try...

View attachment 347043

View attachment 347044
Wow thats a thick boy! Mine goes all around the chassis and bulkheads but i believe its thinner, I don’t think i would have stopped it from snapping but it may have been fixable. Thanks for your opinion it definitely helps me guide mine
honestly the chassis could be fixed with quikweld plasticweld. It is way too strong
I’m just gonna invest in a new one and eventually buy a spare, because I’m planning on bashing more and don’t think it’ll hold up too long, rather save myself the trouble of getting out there & having my fix be snapped.
That's a clean break, shoe good that thing back together :cool:.

We have a couple 3S chassis with shoe goo holding them together.

Night Court Work GIF by Laff
Yeah like i said it probably could but I plan on doing more bashing & don't think it’ll withstand 😂

Last edited:
Your bumper repair seems to have been overkill as it transferred all of the kinetic energy of that tree directly to your chassis.

But, you got lucky. It only broke in the middle. I get concerned when my tires are only flat on the bottom after a crash. I know that's not a direct apples-to-bumper-bracket-on-a-1974-Volvo comparison, but I think the comparison still holds up. But, that's just me. YMMV.

Sorry about your car though. Happy wrenching duder! (y)

Your bumper repair seems to have been overkill as it transferred all of the kinetic energy of that tree directly to your chassis.

But, you got lucky. It only broke in the middle. I get concerned when my tires are only flat on the bottom after a crash. I know that's not a direct apples-to-bumper-bracket-on-a-1974-Volvo comparison, but I think the comparison still holds up. But, that's just me. YMMV.

Sorry about your car though. Happy wrenching duder! (y)
Could’ve been overkill, but I wouldve rather been safe than sorry, I ended up with a new bumper and chassis so if it happens again it hopefully wouldn’t do it again. But it probably will, hitting a tree is hitting a tree 😂

Could’ve been overkill, but I wouldve rather been safe than sorry, I ended up with a new bumper and chassis so if it happens again it hopefully wouldn’t do it again. But it probably will, hitting a tree is hitting a tree 😂
Did I previously link the bumper I use on my Senton? 50+ mph crashes and 0 damage. Best 10 bucks I've spent on the Senton.

Back