Spektrum S155 and S150 don't see my Spektrum G2 Lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon Mega
  5. Vorteks
This battery is only a couple of months ago, and maybe 15 charges? Suddenly neither my Spektrum S155 or S150 "see" one of my G2 batteries. The other one is fine and charged without an issue.

I went for my usual run this morning in my Mojave. Nothing seemed out of the norm and I had my usual runtime of around 25 minutes. The contacts are clean. I don't see any damage to the third grey wire. Because it isn't recognized, I cannot see any stats on the battery, such as cell voltage or ohms. There are no balance plugs on these so I can't use my LiPo checker (which is by Spektrum. Go figure...)

Is this battery shot? The S155 does have some option to push a charge without charging. Should I give that a go for 5 minutes to see if it needs a boost?

The BattGo IC chip within the Smart Lipo probably failed. Call HH. See if they will warranty it??
$Spektrum$ Lipos are NOT good at all. They never were. Yet many keep buying them. At the advice of many LHS's because they need to sell them as an authorized HH distributor, or for whatever other reason.
The Whole Smart Lipo Eco system is Flawed IMHO. Just hurts your wallet and frustrates many who have them. "Smart Fluff" features are over hyped. Many find them more Complicated when they crap out. Many threads here on AF in regards.
"Dumb" lipos are best. :cool:

The BattGo IC chip within the Smart Lipo probably failed. Call HH. See if they will warranty it??
$Spektrum$ Lipos are NOT good at all. They never were. Yet many keep buying them. At the advice of many LHS's because they need to sell them as an authorized HH distributor, or for whatever other reason.
The Whole Smart Lipo Eco system is Flawed IMHO. Just hurts your wallet and frustrates many who have them. "Smart Fluff" features are over hyped. Many find them more Complicated when they crap out. Many threads here on AF in regards.
"Dumb" lipos are best. :cool:
My LHS will exchange it for me since used LiPos can't be shipped normally here. So I won't be out of pocket anything. But something is off as this is the second time it's happened in months. (I have two batteries and thus might be the older one. But still...)

I am trying to tell you that yes, The Smart lipos are NO Good. Something IS "Off". Because They suck. High failure rates.
Sorry to be blunt.
You invested in them. So keep using them no doubt, until they stop doing the warranty thing. Is what it is.
Guys have had brand new ones out the box or just several runs on them and they crap out. Nothing new.
They are not that "Smart" if they fail with little use. And the specs don't perform any better than "Dumb Lipos". Many who speed run their rigs will never use them for this reason. Poorly matched cells IMHO. HH was slick, selling them at a very high price point, chargers, programmers and all. Some are fooled into thinking Expensive is "Good". Not in this case. Buy Expensive, buy twice in this case.:(
You are not alone. :cool:

I am trying to tell you that yes, The Smart lipos are NO Good. Something IS "Off". Because They suck. High failure rates.
Sorry to be blunt.
You invested in them. So keep using them no doubt, until they stop doing the warranty thing. Is what it is.
Guys have had brand new ones out the box or just several runs on them and they crap out. Nothing new.
They are not that "Smart" if they fail with little use. And the specs don't perform any better than "Dumb Lipos". Many who speed run their rigs will never use them for this reason. Poorly matched cells IMHO. HH was slick, selling them at a very high price point, chargers, programmers and all. Some are fooled into thinking Expensive is "Good". Not in this case. Buy Expensive, buy twice in this case.:(
You are not alone. :cool:
I totally agree. I've had to replace three G1 5000mah 3S SMART packs under warranty for failed cells. And that's using the Spektrum S2100 SMART charger! I'm in need of 4S packs now and would never consider buying another Spektrum battery. I'll buy two Zeees for the price of one Spektrum and be way better off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back