Spektrum S2100 amp rate? Faster charging?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kneesliding

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 8s
Hi

I have a Spektrum S2100 with non smart Lipos.

Takes forever to charge a 4S lipo.
Can I adjust the amp rate from 1amp upwards to speed up the charging time?

Cheers
So I have a 5400mah lipo.

Does that mean I can charge at 5amp. Basically that's within the 1c rating?

Last edited:
Hi

I have a Spektrum S2100 with non smart Lipos.

Takes forever to charge a 4S lipo.
Can I adjust the amp rate from 1amp upwards to speed up the charging time?

Cheers
So I have a 5400mah lipo.

Does that mean I can charge at 5amp. Basically that's within the 1c rating?
Yes you can charge at 5 amps

5.4 if u wanted to.

Yes, you have to manually set the current, read your manual.
Up to 5.4A is no issue. Even higher pending your Lipo spec.

Last edited:
I don't remember how many amps I was charging at the time but will report back with a 5 amp time table

Last edited:
Not sure what you are saying but if you charge at 5A and it's done in 30 min you were at higher than normal storage levels or you did not balance the Lipo.
That is pure physics.
Storage is 70% of the capacity, that is ~3500mAh. For 30 min you would have to be charging at 8-9A, the last ~10 min are always the balance portion and that will never be less.

It's like the line from the movie "My Cousin Vinny" "How could it take you five minutes to cook your grits when it takes the entire grit-eating world 20 minutes?"

My original post was about a month ago when I received my 4S batteries, I may have been referring to the factory default settings

Car is torn apart right now, waiting on parts, I will check the numbers on my next run and post my 5 amp readings

Sorry for the confusion

Got the car back together yesterday so it was time to see how long my Spektrum S2100 takes to charge a 4S 5000 mAh 100C battery @ 5 amps

I hooked up 2 Spektrum 4S 5000 mAh 100C batteries to the charger and waited
Both batteries had not been run in a couple of weeks so my charger showed the cells at 3.75
It took 50 mins. (I'm thinking I'm going to eat some crow on this one 🤥)

Got home, discharged the batteries to a storage level of 3.8 per cell
Had another opportunity to run the car today so I pulled out the same two 4S batteries I used the day before and hooked them up to the S2100 (the charger showed 3.8 per cell)
This time it only took 32 and 38 mins to charge the two batteries to 4.2 per cell
Weird

I should have pulled out my LiPo battery checker to double check the battery readings but I had people waiting
I will do a more scientific approach next time unless someone posts an answer

Not a big mystery, the balancing took longer the first go around. Maybe from sitting around the cells were off by a little more than the second go around.
As long as you are below 1h it's all good, above it's typically a sign of a cell going weak/bad.
I'm glad that physics still hold up! ;)

I just bought the S2100. Work great. The sales person at Fast Track in Roseville checked it when I purchased it. Takes about 38 minutes to charge 2 LiPo 5200.

Those so called spektrum smart charger is slow in balancing. Because its lower amp discharge cir. Compared to good quality like ichargers or revolectric chargers.

I just bought the S2100. Work great. The sales person at Fast Track in Roseville checked it when I purchased it. Takes about 38 minutes to charge 2 LiPo 5200.
Hey small world. I used to shop there then I found RC Country and Hobby.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back