Spyware chip in my Aliexpress shipment??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector_Fisher

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
I looked up the number on the bag with no clear results. I honestly don't know what this chip-thing that was in my aliexpress shipment of 6 motor fan mounts. Total cost for the mounts was like $25, so nothing too exciting. Does anyone know what this is? Am I being spied on??? :unsure:
20230329_195223.jpg

20230329_195235.jpg

I looked up the number on the bag with no clear results. I honestly don't know what this chip-thing that was in my aliexpress shipment of 6 motor fan mounts. Total cost for the mounts was like $25, so nothing too exciting. Does anyone know what this is? Am I being spied on??? :unsure:
View attachment 289188
View attachment 289189
This happens to me everyday. It’s what happens when your CIA agents comms get taken out. If you tell it all your info, it’ll keep you safer…

That is the Chinese version of the Covid tracker chip! Watch out or it will bite you :ROFLMAO:

It is a small bare board.
If it was populated, it most likely is a 'converter' where you can connect a 3S battery and would get another single voltage on the other side. Parts are not populated and would have to buzz it out, but that is most likely what it is.
You could probably solder bare wires to it and get it to work.

Could also be a simple distribution board, i.e. single voltage in, and you would get 4 outputs (fan).

It's marked as RC-3S-LJB (Remote Control - 3S - Little Jumper board (I just made this up)

Last edited:
That is the Chinese version of the Covid tracker chip! Watch out or it will bite you :ROFLMAO:

It is a small bare board.
If it was populated, it most likely is a 'converter' where you can connect a 3S battery and would get another single voltage on the other side. Parts are not populated and would have to buzz it out, but that is most likely what it is.
You could probably solder bare wires to it and get it to work.

Could also be a simple distribution board, i.e. single voltage in, and you would get 4 outputs (fan).

It's marked as RC-3S-LJB (Remote Control - 3S - Little Jumper board (I just made this up)
Honestly you had me for about 30 seconds there... little jumper board almost sounds too plausible!
Wait, screw the chip, let's see those mounts.. 😂😂😂
A little over $4.00 shipped for each was too tough to pass up :cool:
20230329_210345.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002159307914.html

Found the pcb on aliexpress, most likely used to solder on a connector and wires.

Kinda like in this example:

https://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/W...r_e&SessionId=&a=article&ProdNr=A86008&p=9237
Nice find!

Thank you, at least now I know i'm not the target of a CIA op or an ATF sting :ROFLMAO:
How’s the fitment?
I'll give them a test fit up on my big rock's 4068 this evening and report back (y)

Be careful when tightening. The metal is soft and will strip easy.
I've bought a few of these before. I use strips of silicone thermal pad lined between the mount and the can to increase adhesion and allow for compressibility so I don't need to torque them down super tight. Also, I don't use the screw to apply the torque, I squeeze the mount together with my fingers and then tighten the screw finger tight. Once i let go of the mount with my fingers, the extra compression releases and keeps the screw from backing out. Just my way of doing it, ymmv.

How’s the fitment?
Fitment looks good. No complaints. Similar in construction to my other ones I've bought.
20230330_165822.jpg
20230330_165837.jpg

Although now I'm running into the issue of clearances.... but that's a me problem since I didn't do sufficient planning ahead!
20230330_170140.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back