Kraton State of stock latest Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyFromCanada

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
I was told how good of a deal my classified post was, but no interest yet. Still, I was thinking my replacement would be a single car.

I like the idea of the Kraton, but I'm curious what the state of the stock hardware is if I were to run it on 4S? I'm not looking for top speeds, I want to just drive it with minimal maintenance and "upgrades". What is the current spare parts list?

I just noticed there is a "4S Kraton" as well as "6S Kraton". Would it get me anything to run the 6S Kraton on 4S? I would like my car to have some margin from peak specs so there is reduced chance of heat or torque stresses on the drive train. I also just noticed the 4S version has the same shocks (or appears to have) as the Granite Mega 4x4...they are highly vulnerable to breaking on impact as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
If money isnt an issue.. Id buy a 6s over a 4s any day! Even if ypu plan on running the 6s on 4s all the time..
I agree, the 6S looks far more solid. Tthe shocks on the 4S version look like junk, so that would already be either a bunch of replacements or updating them with metal ones. I can't easily see what else on the 4S would be mandatory upgrade.

I agree, the 6S looks far more solid. Tthe shocks on the 4S version look like junk, so that would already be either a bunch of replacements or updating them with metal ones. I can't easily see what else on the 4S would be mandatory upgrade.

IMO opinion.. The 6s: Shocks, driveshafts, and gears all around are worth the extra money..

IMO opinion.. The 6s: Shocks, driveshafts, and gears all around are worth the extra money..
Yup, that indeed looks to be the case. Based on their choice for the 4S shocks alone, I think I have my answer. Running the 6S on 4S should reduce the collision energy, and maybe it will be enough to reduce most breakages. Are most of the parts on the 6S metal, like dog bones, A arms, shocks, towers, etc?

Yup, that indeed looks to be the case. Based on their choice for the 4S shocks alone, I think I have my answer. Running the 6S on 4S should reduce the collision energy, and maybe it will be enough to reduce most breakages. Are most of the parts on the 6S metal, like dog bones, A arms, shocks, towers, etc?

The new 6s line has aluminium chassis, towers and shocks..
Steel gears and dogbones all around..

Do yourself a huge favor and forget the 4S Kraton even exists. ??
HA! Yeah, I wonder what sort of profit margins they have putting plastic in certain places. There must be motivation for that, but they certainly get complaints over breakages.

I think I have my answer.

HA! Yeah, I wonder what sort of profit margins they have putting plastic in certain places. There must be motivation for that, but they certainly get complaints over breakages.

I think I have my answer.
Plastic saves weight and cost. They share a name (Kraton), but they really aren’t that similar under the hood (so to speak). One is a toy, the other a machine.

Thanks for the tip. This is v4 Kraton 6s, right?
Some people prefer the V3 over the V4 due to a better radio and lack of tower brace. It’s a personal choice. If it were me buying I would want the latest version and swap radios and add chassis braces and better chassis.

Some people prefer the V3 over the V4 due to a better radio and lack of tower brace. It’s a personal choice. If it were me buying I would want the latest version and swap radios and add chassis braces and better chassis.
Thanks. I'll look into the radio thing. I doubt it would be a deal breaker for me, but good to be informed.

Thanks. I'll look into the radio thing. I doubt it would be a deal breaker for me, but good to be informed.
The v4 radio is very poor compared to the v3, it is a deal breaker for some. Based what you've said above, I think there are some good upgrades on the v4 that will make the car more reliable and better for maintenance. If you're looking to leave the car stock and run 4s the v4 would be my suggestion.

The v4 radio is very poor compared to the v3, it is a deal breaker for some. Based what you've said above, I think there are some good upgrades on the v4 that will make the car more reliable and better for maintenance. If you're looking to leave the car stock and run 4s the v4 would be my suggestion.
Poor radio in what sense? Range? Physically?

Poor radio in what sense? Range? Physically?
People have had the radio drop out and either not function or accelerate when there was no throttle input, weird steering responses, run aways. I replaced my v4 radio before I even tried it, it feels like garbage, it doesn't have any end point adjustment, only dual rate. The size and feel is all wrong, and you can't bind the receiver to a better radio due to the protocol they use.

The V4 is way better than the 4S . If you can find a V3 , then you get the better radio and you can always add the upgrades to the chassis. I run my 6s V3 Kraton on 4s for bashing and running on the track (4s max allowed on our track). You can still get some pretty good air and break parts as well.

I ran my 6s Kraton stock for a long time. It is all most will ever need. The 6s Line is very well established and parts are readily available from many sources. Lots of cool aftermarket parts for more durability can be found as well when you start going for bigger air. The radio troubles are hassle if you happen to get a bad one. If you by from an authorized dealer you will have no trouble getting another. Or you can buy the v3 radio from eBay for maybe $25 or so.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back