step down converter from 110v to 240v, I need help please :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko R1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
Hi guys,

I want to get the Dewalt DCF680N2 which has the clutch but I need a step down converter as I’m in Aust - what’s the formula as I don’t know how many watts I need for this tool (going from 110v to 240v)?

Thanks in advance 🙏

I don't know the answer, I don't even really understand the question.

But I have travelled and most of the things I had from NA were 120v but they worked fine at 220v and only needed the plug adapted.

That said, I don't have THAT tool, my other DeWalt charger (different one) shows only 120v as an input and doesn't have the 220v shown so maybe the DeWalt tool won't work without some sort of converter you maybe looking for.

Good luck! It shouldn't be difficult.

The screwdriver is operated by a DC battery. You just need to find if the charger supports 220V or might be easier to just find a generic version of the charger that is capable of handling the input voltage if the stock one doesn't.

I think something like this with the right plug adapter and you don't need a step-down transformer: https://www.ebay.com/itm/144103410533?hash=item218d3b8b65:g:2cUAAOSw5f1hKIIK

The screwdriver is operated by a DC battery. You just need to find if the charger supports 220V or might be easier to just find a generic version of the charger that is capable of handling the input voltage if the stock one doesn't.

I think something like this with the right plug adapter and you don't need a step-down transformer: https://www.ebay.com/itm/144103410533?hash=item218d3b8b65:g:2cUAAOSw5f1hKIIK

If he can find another charger for the specific battery it would be better anyway. The 8V Maxx chargers get terrible reviews for high failure rate.

That said batteries can be pretty proprietary when it comes to chargers so something like this 240v to 120v converter might be his answer.

Just cut the plug off and throw on a male 3 pin………
Just jokin don’t do that…… you’ll burn your house down.

I wouldn’t waste your time on that Dewalt knock off. If it’s just for wrenching on your RC’s, you’ll find something in OZ.
This one here works well for me. Purchased from Supercheap Auto.
She’s even got a light on her.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...iver&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-au&client=safari

2A3BD375-C964-4066-8CA9-D2B94FED4EA7.jpeg

Last edited:
P = I E
is the formula for power (watts) if that's what you were asking. I have that screw driver and the charger has an input of 120v @ 0.2A for a total of 24 watts. At 240v, 24 watts would be 0.1A
Whatever u do.. don't plug that thing into 240v!! 🤣
View attachment 240149
I haven’t tried one but another project manager in my office used one of these.
That's not what he needs.. but good looking out, its actually the opposite of what he needs ha..

Whatever u do.. don't plug that thing into 240v!! 🤣
Yes definitely don't do that. Based on Marko's question I assumed he has a generic charger with a wallwart power supply meant for 120v and is looking to buy one for 240 and needed to know the minimum power rating needed to ensure he buys the right power supply. If that truly is the case, he will need to make sure the barrel connector polarity is correct as well.

I use Milwaukee tools for work and home but I got one of these for the RC cars works great. View attachment 240154
Absolutely nothing wrong with Ryobi for non-professional use. I just replaced my first bad 18v pack after 7 years of heavier than the average homeowner use. If it were for daily use I would go to Milwaukee but for tools that get used sporadically, they offer a solid bang for buck ratio.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back