Kraton Max5 56118 or Castle XLX2 2028

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What gear are you running? I bet it throws that Fireteam around like it’s nothing. Hell it throws this thing and it weighs over 30lbs.
Currently running a 25T pinion.
on 6S with slingshot 3.8" paddles.
on 8S with SCT (Mojave sized) tires.
Did manage 70mph on 8S with belted trencher 40's on grass, but thats a bit hard on the diffs. And too much throttle at any speed would make it backflip.

I ordered several smaller 8mm pinions last week to give me more options for 8S

Currently running a 25T pinion.
on 6S with slingshot 3.8" paddles.
on 8S with SCT (Mojave sized) tires.
Did manage 70mph on 8S with belted trencher 40's on grass, but thats a bit hard on the diffs. And too much throttle at any speed would make it backflip.

I ordered several smaller 8mm pinions last week to give me more options for 8S
Still using RTR diffs?

Still using RTR diffs?
I had a tp 5660 in my fireteam for a while but I only ran it 8s on road and 6s off road. Never had a problem with stock diffs! a castle 2028 is more motor than a tp 5660 though.

Thanks. Any chance you have a pic of the setup? I’m curious how the XLX2 is mounted.
Old picture but it's still in the same place. Steering servo turned 90 deg to make room for the xlx2.
To keep it from touching the centercup/shaft i had to place it a little crooked.

1697459432736.png

Old picture but it's still in the same place. Steering servo turned 90 deg to make room for the xlx2.
To keep it from touching the centercup/shaft i had to place it a little crooked.

View attachment 327000
Wow that fits better than I expected. Might have to give it a shot myself.

New to TP motor. Anything you can suggest to pair with Max5 G2? Quite confuse seems like there is soo many size and kv to choose. lol
Tp all day but if I had to pick between castle and hw I'm picking the castle motor no hesitation.

What voltage do you plan to run?
I'm in the middle of building a K8 EXB. I've already got the MAX5 g2 ESC, and now I'm sort of thinking about which motor to slap in there. My plan is to start with 8S, but maybe go for 12S down the road. Any recommendations for a motor that can handle both 8S and 12S? Or should I just stick with an 800kv Castle motor?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back