Typhon Street/Speed build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stylin' build @Dan B.
Had to double take on yer rc parts tub tho, skimming by ah thought it read 'hobby fanny batter' šŸ˜„
Thatā€™s a whole other website, man. I could send you a linkā€¦

Decisions, decisionsā€¦. I used the Mugen Seiki front lower bumper as others have, and itā€™s tough to argue with it as itā€™s a slam dunk, direct bolt on with the first two bulkhead screws. The upper Lim bumper support works great with the MS lower if you grind off the bottom of the outer support tabs and drill the holes.
1A43DDA6-B951-4317-9E6E-196334E5C4A1.jpeg

2F97EDC8-C219-4940-AE04-42265F5523D7.jpeg

Now I need to decide whether to use the MS top foam support, the Lim upper support (either could easily work with a little fitting) or just say to hell with safety margins, itā€™s pretty much great as it is. Eff the effing foam, yo. If I cut a carbon splitter for it to match the body (planned) then the foam wonā€™t make a whit of difference if I smack something in the front. There would still be tears, profanity, and $$$.
Thoughts?

Decisions, decisionsā€¦. I used the Mugen Seiki front lower bumper as others have, and itā€™s tough to argue with it as itā€™s a slam dunk, direct bolt on with the first two bulkhead screws. The upper Lim bumper support works great with the MS lower if you grind off the bottom of the outer support tabs and drill the holes.
View attachment 276505
View attachment 276506
Now I need to decide whether to use the MS top foam support, the Lim upper support (either could easily work with a little fitting) or just say to hell with safety margins, itā€™s pretty much great as it is. Eff the effing foam, yo. If I cut a carbon splitter for it to match the body (planned) then the foam wonā€™t make a whit of difference if I smack something in the front. There would still be tears, profanity, and $$$.
Thoughts?
Looking good dude!! I'd leave the foam out. It's not gonna save much anyways.

View attachment 276505
View attachment 276506
Thoughts?
Looks sweet .I think a CF splitter would look great..just put one on my build and it makes a world of a difference.and some side skirts and a sweet wing would be the icing to this šŸ°šŸ‘šŸ˜

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinkingā€¦
If possible I'd go with a plastic splitter. It's more likely to absorb SOME of the impact. I did the whole CF splitter thing. Looks great but transfers 100% of the energy to EVERYTHING behind it.

Looks sweet .I think a CF splitter would look great..just put one on my build and it makes a world of a difference.and some side skirts and a sweet wing would be the icing to this šŸ°šŸ‘šŸ˜
Thanks man! Iā€™ll be cutting some carbon side skirts and the front splitter. Jury is still out on the wing, it might not fly with the body I choose.

If possible I'd go with a plastic splitter. It's more likely to absorb SOME of the impact. I did the whole CF splitter thing. Looks great but transfers 100% of the energy to EVERYTHING behind it.
OK, Iā€™m feeling that. I have some Kydex, and itā€™s easier to work with than carbon for sure. Iā€™ll give that a go!

OK, Iā€™m feeling that. I have some Kydex, and itā€™s easier to work with than carbon for sure. Iā€™ll give that a go!
Good stuff!! On a side note my Vitavon arms should be here Thursday. I ordered them Sunday and they're already in Miami. I'm amazed they were that quick from China.

Good stuff!! On a side note my Vitavon arms should be here Thursday. I ordered them yesterday and they're already in Miami. I'm amazed they were that quick from China.
I noticed that to..I ordered some things last week from china and got them yesterday.took 7 days where normally takes around 2 or sometimes 3 weeks..
I noticed that to..I ordered some things last week from china and got them yesterday.took 7 days where normally takes around 2 or sometimes 3 weeks..
I think the spy china balloon dropped our packages off early šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Good stuff!! On a side note my Vitavon arms should be here Thursday. I ordered them Sunday and they're already in Miami. I'm amazed they were that quick from China.
Yeah, for the last year Iā€™ve gotten stuff from the U.K. and China faster in some cases than ordering from the West Coast. Vitavon uses SpeedPak which gets to me in 6-8 days usually. If you order AliExpress or EBay stuff that ships China Post it usually takes me three or four weeks to get it.

I think the spy china balloon dropped our packages off early šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Say good bye to china's fast delivery balloon .we blew it out of the sky so now we have Wait weeks again šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
Yeah, for the last year Iā€™ve gotten stuff from the U.K. and China faster in some cases than ordering from the West Coast. Vitavon uses SpeedPak which gets to me in 6-8 days usually. If you order AliExpress or EBay stuff that ships China Post it usually takes me three or four weeks to get it.
Very true ..I'm a big eBay buyer .have had a eBay account for over 13 years and China post does take for ever

I got the shocks built today. 70wt fluid with 50# titanium springs all the way around, good and consistent preload on all. Rear limiters installed (nylon, I donā€™t use fuel tube) front is zero preload, rear is 10mm preload per side. The rear limiters hit just a hair before coil bind, so thatā€™s super close to where I want it. Sheā€™s on all fours now with her butt up in the air just a bit, and she sure looks purty like that. šŸ˜Š
39C8411E-8E37-4EE3-AB0A-54136E616DFE.jpeg

05734A94-7119-4AE1-ACCF-3AB1EC6B7815.jpeg

OK, never mind. I just looked at the bag the last pair of springs were in and it said ā€œFā€ in sharpie. Those were the ones I put on the rear, of course. šŸ™„ And now that Iā€™m looking at the pictureā€¦ šŸ˜‚. Iā€™ll pull the shocks and swap the springs next time. But I forgot to put in the longer grub screws anyway, so I can do that when the shocks are off again. It was a banner day. What I get for sneaking work time!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back