Mojave "Superlite" Mojave Build 💡

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obessedwithrc

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Talion EXB
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Typhon TLR
  7. Vorteks
  8. Infraction 4x4
What's up guys—an 💡 popped into my head the other day and I can't seem to get it out. I've been thinking of a "Superlite" Mojave build. Something like a Scorched CF chassis, all titanium screws, aluminum screws for the roll cage and body, titanium pillow balls, etc. Basically, I'd try everything possible to build the lightest Mojave I can.

What do you guys think about a build like that?

I already have a Mojave EXB with an MMX8s and Castle 1717. It overheats so quickly. I probably need to gear down, however, my local bash spot is all dry and loamy sand. That's what I was thinking about a "Superlite" version.

A lightened Mojo would def be pretty sweet. I think about these things often too. I love(ed) my Mojo, but then I came to the conclusion that it's too heavy for what I was trying to use it for..well kinda. I run a track at home mostly, it's pretty small and tight. The Mojo is a blast on it actually, but I have nothing/no one to run against with it. I ended up turning it into a Kraton XL. Now I have a Kraton XL I hardly use, LOL.
The Kraton that I mixed parts with is now essentially a Typhon XL with Kraton body. I use it alot, it rips on the track.
My idea of a lightweight or "ultimate" Mojave would be Kraton or Talion chassis with mojo arms/suspension. Basically a Senton 6s "XL".. I know the Senton 6s has a loyal following but I just think it's too short, too narrow to really appreciate 6s. Mojo is just a touch too long, heavy.. of course these are just my opinions🤷‍♂️

I believe the cf chassis weighs more than stock, but the advantage is that it's stiffer.

Sub'd

I want to make that kind of build..
But for now I'll have to settle for just living vicariously through your build...

Love the comments, guys. I'm pretty sure I have ~90% of the parts for the build. The only thing I'd have to buy is a body, chassis, and additional Ti screws. I might go for it. Going to price it out and see if it's worth it.

@dure16 — I'm pretty sure that I'm running a 25t pinion running on 6s, Castle 1717 - 1650kv. That pinion might be overkill. What tooth count do you think I should move down to?

Love the comments, guys. I'm pretty sure I have ~90% of the parts for the build. The only thing I'd have to buy is a body, chassis, and additional Ti screws. I might go for it. Going to price it out and see if it's worth it.

@dure16 — I'm pretty sure that I'm running a 25t pinion running on 6s, Castle 1717 - 1650kv. That pinion might be overkill. What tooth count do you think I should move down to?
When you start this, begin a new build thread for it! It promises to be an epic build, and would be great to get that banner for it!
Also, if you choose another body you’ll save a sh!t ton of weight. Unless you want it all MOJO!

A lot of the heat equation depends on terrain and driving style.

I’d go down a couple teeth and see how it goes.

@Dan B. — what other body options would you consider?
Don’t hold my feet to the fire on that one. I personally love the looks of the Mojave, and it’s really a true SCT, but that look has all the baggage that comes along with it. Much higher cg, easier to roll, and the ”drivers cockpit” adds a freaking ton of weight up high. It requires a different approach to driving for sure.
Some here have removed the entire cockpit insert and they’ve said it made a huge improvement in handling. I might be doing that at some point.
If you decide to keep the Mojave body in any form, by all accounts put a windshield in it, it helps a ton and the truck won’t continue to launch at 50mph.
Others go with some other lower pickup body or some such, but at that point it stops looking like a Mojave and starts looking more like a Kraton or something. But it’s a much lighter body with a lot lower cg.
Search the heck out of the paint and body forum here using the Mojave tag. You’ll see a lot of ideas. You do you, and you can get a lot of inspiration.

I run a 20t pinion with a 1650kv HW motor on a full weight truck and I have dual motor fans that make it possible. You could probably go to a higher pinion gear if you had a lightweight build as planned. And FWIW, the Scorched chassis is considerably lighter than pretty much any other option, despite what others might have surmised. They don’t list a weight for their Mojave chassis, but look at the comparisons of their carbon hybrid chassis vs. EXB for the Typhon, Talion, etc. They are significantly lighter.

Go for it! (y):cool:
I have done a lightweight Mojave, you can see the build thread here: Monster Mojave NL
Later I decided that the body is just to heavy for my liking so I transformed it into a large Typhon: Typhon 1/5 build
This is the current weight with light wheels (Proline 1/7 Dumont Fr/Rr Sand/Snow Mojave Tires, 190g) on it:
4396.jpg

The new Carbon chassis from Scorched is about 60g lighter than stock (333g vs 396g)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back