Outcast SWB chassis, stacked? I had to ask..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the idea. Just tig around it and drill out clearance holes for every hole. You won’t lose strength (or negligible at best) and no longer screws. You get the rigidity you want and no extra hardware.

Edit - if you really want to stiffen it up drill some 1/8” holes in the bottom plate in a pattern of your choosing and plug weld the two together as well.

Ok I was busy yesterday, and it appears many were on here yesterday...lol.. so lets start at the top...
That would be a ton of extra weight... but would love to see it done lol.

The m2c chassis is already 1/4 pound heavier than stock.. add m2c towers, braces, hinge pin plates, akerman, top plate, motor mount, forward diff mount etc. And I'd bet the wieght is damn near the same as 2 stacked chassis's with just my center braces on it... cause that's all I run for upgrades, have no reason for the other stuff....
Will the kick up and holes still match up?

Yes...
I saw a thread where a guy did this, he just ran longer screws through the chassis. And he even doubled up the shock towers.

No real need for longer screws, you counter bore the lower chassis so the screws go through and seat on upper chassis...
Get some heavier shock springs ??. I think it’s an awesome idea????

Not so sure its needed because the weight really wont be far from a full m2c rig
It’s actually not a foreign concept believe it or not! It was a common tactic for bashing aluminum chassis cars for a little while. I bet it’ll work very well for the arrma, so long the weight doesn’t become an issue.

Agreed.. it's been done for some time, weight wont be an issue as far as I'm concerned..
Im confused. You brace bended and you had to straight it back and why your current chassi is about to. Die if it is still in one piece

Why am I not surprised your confused... :ROFLMAO: slow down a little buddy and read the top post thoroughly and you will understand...(y)
Chassis slap is like music to my ears.
I can’t get enough! ?

Agreed... i love it as well, and honestly every rig does it, thats part of jumping big...it's supposed to, so I'm not sure why this is a thing of concern...
Well get a jbit to sit on top of it... good luck getting the chassis off the ground at that point??

You think stacked is heavy, jbirc chassis is probably close or the same weight as 2 stacked..
Why stop at 3? Let’s stack 4, or 5!

Let's do 10!
Yup we are gonna need the hardware store on this one.

No sir...counter bore.. (y) no matter how many
I'd spend the hundred on an M2C and call it a day. You'll never bend that.

We know you would, but your missing the point.. it's cheap, and probably just as strong, if not stronger..

I get a whole season out of one stock chassis.. I can go 10 years on stock chassis for the price of 1 m2c chassis..
I've seen someones photos where they doubled up 2 chassis with the center line only but not 2 complete chassis.

I myself did this (refer to photo) and it's holding up well. I do big jumps but not big, big like RC Dude81 or Rich D to name a few.

View attachment 61891

Thanks for posting.. nice to see others trying it...

Do it buddy! Show him how to bend stuff...lol

Last edited:
I like the idea. Just tig around it and drill out clearance holes for every hole. You won’t lose strength (or negligible at best) and no longer screws. You get the rigidity you want and no extra hardware.

Edit - if you really want to stiffen it up drill some 1/8” holes in the bottom plate in a pattern of your choosing and plug weld the two together as well.

Smart man! That's exactly my thoughts.. should be damn rigid at 6mm thick.. counter bore bottom plate and use stock screws.. also, yes, it will be plugged as stated in my original post.. (y)
There is a guy in the Dallas area that does it and says it's tuff with the chassis doubled.

I say it's worth a shot.

Awsome to hear, I feel it will be tough as nails! And I agree, totally worth a shot.. I already have the chassis plates and a tig..if it's as strong as I think it will be, will be well worth the 28 bucks over a 100 m2c..?

Last edited:
Ok I was busy yesterday, and it appears many were on here yesterday...lol.. so lets start at the top...

The m2c chassis is already 1/4 pound heavier than stock.. add m2c towers, braces, hinge pin plates, akerman, top plate, motor mount, forward diff mount etc. And I'd bet the wieght is damn near the same as 2 stacked chassis's with just my center braces on it... cause that's all I run for upgrades, have no reason for the other stuff....

Yes...

No real need for longer screws, you counter bore the lower chassis so the screws go through and seat on upper chassis...

Not so sure its needed because the weight really wont be far from a full m2c rig

Agreed.. it's been done for some time, weight wont be an issue as far as I'm concerned..

Why am I not surprised your confused... :ROFLMAO: slow down a little buddy and read the top post thoroughly and you will understand...(y)

Agreed... i love it as well, and honestly every rig does it, thats part of jumping big...it's supposed to, so I'm not sure why this is a thing of concern...

You think stacked is heavy, jbirc chassis is probably close or the same weight as 2 stacked..

Let's do 10!

No sir...counter bore.. (y) no matter how many

We know you would, but your missing the point.. it's cheap, and probably just as strong, if not stronger..

I get a whole season out of one stock chassis.. I can go 10 years on stock chassis for the price of 1 m2c chassis..

Thanks for posting.. nice to see others trying it...

Do it buddy! Show him how to bend stuff...lol
That just sounds like a lot of extra work to do what you want to do.

What better to do on a cold rainy winter day than tinker in the garage with fun tools...
I highly recommend TIG welding if you have never tried it. Great way to maintain your sun tan too!

Good deal! I will buy one if you’re serious about making a few.

Edit - I would need the Typhon though. I keep forgetting I only have a Typhon now.

Your in luck, cause they are the same.. (y)

What better to do on a cold rainy winter day than tinker in the garage with fun tools...
I highly recommend TIG welding if you have never tried it. Great way to maintain your sun tan too!

Drink cocoa and watch a movie lol

I've only ever used MIG and didn't really care much for it, it was always such a pain to see what you were working on, but at that time I was in high school and we didn't have those fancy self darkening masks these kids have now.

Oh slick, how much work do all these rigs take? We all do it buddy, this day will be no different.. its par for the course brother.. (y)?

Oh slick, how much work do all these rigs take? We all do it buddy, this day will be no different.. its par for the course brother.. (y)?
I don’t like work ?

Buddy! You read my mind... lol.. I'm a mechanic, im in the garage all day every day anyway.. mig, tig, arc, brazing, it's a common occurance at my place.. "nothing but something to do" is what I say...

Mmmm artificial uv please! Lol

I've only ever used MIG and didn't really care much for it, it was always such a pain to see what you were working on, but at that time I was in high school and we didn't have those fancy self darkening masks these kids have now.

You would love it if you had a machine set up to stack dimes.. instant gratification!

You can’t catch a tan that way tho ??‍♂️?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back