Talion Talion owners who run on Baclflip LPs. Thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Fam,

Can anyone with a Talion share their experience using the Backflip LPs 4S tires? So far, I've only run it on stock wheels, and they do well. Before I purchase some Backflip LPs, I'd like to get some feedback.

How I bash my Talion and use case for the LPs
I bash only in loose dirt, and if the grass is dead to dirt/patch. Never on a hard surface.

Edit:
One other concern I do not want the Talion to feel like the Kraton. Mean, if I run Backflip LPs on both, the experience is the same. Or, does not matter.

Last edited:
Fam,

Can anyone with a Talion share their experience using the Backflip LPs 4S tires? So far, I've only run it on stock wheels, and they do well. Before I purchase some Backflip LPs, I'd like to get some feedback.

I bash only in loose dirt, and if the grass is dead to dirt/patch. Never on a hard surface.

Edit:
One other concern I do not want the Talion to feel like the Kraton. Mean, if I run Backflip LPs on both, the experience is the same. Or, does not matterth

Fam,

Edit:
One other concern I do not want the Talion to feel like the Kraton. Mean, if I run Backflip LPs on both, the experience is the same. Or, does not matter.
there the best for the talion love em loads of air control and grip like crazy. there getting expensive in the uk they used to be 30 pound now they are 37 pound :sneaky:

Me personally I don't want to run backflip LP's for the exact reason you say @parcou, I made a Talion for it to be a Talion.
Over in the UK though the stock Talion tyres are nearly impossible to source atm, and the belted ones are just crazy expensive.!!
So for me, once I've destroyed the original wheels (I've killed two already) I will be buying race truggy wheels like AKA's or 6MIK etc.

I like them on mine. I run in the grass and some rough gravel so they navigate that better than stock tires for sure

IMG_0198.jpeg

IMG_0199.jpeg

IMG_0200.jpeg

Lp's are nice if you're running stock electronics or are geared conservatively. You'll probably like them if you do any of those 2 things. As far as talion vs kraton with lps. I think it will be kind of similar but they do have different shocks and shock geometry? They are also setup differently on the inside and I think all of that makes a difference.

I tried Backflip LPs on my Talion and didn't like it. To your point, it felt too much like a Kraton - heavier, slower to respond, higher center of gravity. I already have a Kraton when I want that experience.

For a general all-around basher, yeah I'd say those tires are great on the Talion. Just not if you want it to continue handling the way it came from the factory.

I'd stick with race truggy tires or something in the middle like x-cons. I also like running these on my Talion. Belted. Great on road. Traction off-road isn't great but I think that's fun. They're little shorter than stock but not by much.

https://methodrc.net/products/terra...rt-course-tires-on-switch-17mm-hex-2pcs-glued

LP'S are a great "all around" tire. Not too small, not too big.. my bro has run them on his Talion, I've run them on my Kraton. I think the two behave very similarly to begin with myself. Backflips of any size are great in loose terrain, LP's definitely give much tighter handling. Now that things have dried up here in the northeastern US (prematurely), we've moved on to actual truggy tires(X-cons, XTT, Response Pro)..
I know many love the Katar-T's but, they don't work well anywhere for us.. loose terrain or hard pack, they just have too little contact patch to be effective on any surface IMO.
Edit: I feel the Katars would be much more effective if they were say a half to 3/4" wider..
They resist balloning quite well, even the unbelted version that I have. I just don't use them due to lack of grip. They're awesome for high speed drifting though..

Last edited:
I tried Backflip LPs on my Talion and didn't like it. To your point, it felt too much like a Kraton - heavier, slower to respond, higher center of gravity. I already have a Kraton when I want that experience.

For a general all-around basher, yeah I'd say those tires are great on the Talion. Just not if you want it to continue handling the way it came from the factory.

I'd stick with race truggy tires or something in the middle like x-cons. I also like running these on my Talion. Belted. Great on road. Traction off-road isn't great but I think that's fun. They're little shorter than stock but not by much.

https://methodrc.net/products/terra...rt-course-tires-on-switch-17mm-hex-2pcs-glued
I'm going to pretend im the reason you bought those method rc tires for your talion because I praised it all over the forums for a year 🤣 🤣

I really love them on there too. I bet ft tires would be great on the talion as well but not belted.

I'm going to pretend im the reason you bought those method rc tires for your talion because I praised it all over the forums for a year 🤣 🤣

I really love them on there too. I bet ft tires would be great on the talion as well but not belted.
The Methods are still on me wish list..along with the Jetko SGT, Proline Mirage TT..😉😂🍻

Lp's are nice if you're running stock electronics or are geared conservatively. You'll probably like them if you do any of those 2 things. As far as talion vs kraton with lps. I think it will be kind of similar but they do have different shocks and shock geometry? They are also setup differently on the inside and I think all of that makes a difference.
Yeah the Tally chassis' component Layout and Balance is totally different compared to the other platforms. Surely makes a difference.

I ran LP’s on my Talion and they were awesome. Right now I’m running the Fireteam tires on the Talion for no good reason other than they were just sitting around gathering dust.

I feel a Tally is worthy of Low profile tires in general. Can't see why not to try them. Tires can be very subjective.
I like the BF LPs on my others ones. I don't have a Tally. @KevinC convinces me if I had one.(y)

Love the 4s LPs on the Talion. Nice allround tire and my first choice on the Talion. I think the Talion with 4S LPs is pretty different to the Kraton. A lot more agile and the steering is far more precise. Seems with the Kraton the servo saver is in action all the time and that results in squishy steering. ( I think it needs a stronger spring anyway). Probably due to the higher total weight and heavier tires. I think the lighter 4s LPs just don't affect the Talion servo saver so much and therefore the steering is far more precise. Probably that's why people like the method tires. Tread is different and makes the Talion more precise and not just knob tread like the 4s LPs have. But that's a guess. Have not driven them.

Stock Talion tires - too little grip. And so little tire tread for that price. Nice to drift on a parking lot after rain. But buying for new ones with just about no tread (and hardly any grip) makes little sense to me.

Was wondering if Mojave tires are an option for parking lots. Have not tried it.

Nice to hear about some new tire options.

Last edited:
Mojo Fortresses run great for my Mojo. And nicely on my TLRT as well.
They are pretty durable compared to the others. I think the FT tires are also very stout. These 2 are the only OE Arrma tires that have yet to fail me. And they are getting up in mileage. All the other Arrma tires have given me trouble.
Oh and the BF LP's are still my first set also. No issues.

Yip I agree, Mojave tires are insanely durable. Backflip 4s LP aswell.

Now a dumb question. What is FT?

FT=Fireteam..
And it's funny that Arrma and HH never assigned an actual "Name" to the Fireteam tires. Any one else notice that? There is just a part number assigned to it. Unless I missed something.....I just call them FT tires.:giggle:
They are nice too.
Maybe too tallish and lack the bite that most want. But For my driving style the FT tires are really nice. Even tried them on my MT410. If you don't hit them hard, they seem strong enough. Any bad strike to Most any plastic wheel will take it out, bend or strip at the hubs IMHO.
I feel Tires are the most expensive part with RC.
Trial error what works for you.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back