Talion Talion owners who run on Baclflip LPs. Thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I laugh everytime someone says backflip lps are durable, I guess everything is subjective though 😜

I've lost count how many times my LP's have come unglued..!! But I re-glue them and carry on, had them over two years now.
I even bought a spare set before they updated them and have yet to use them.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The moral of the story for me is, I'm not paying more for toy car wheel/tyres than my 1/1 car..!!!

Even funnier is that people highly rate the normal 6s Backflips.... :unsure:
Here's mine on their first outing, no more than 3 minutes into their first run.!!

Too much power or not enough glue :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

IMG_1497.jpeg

Last edited:
I like them on mine. I run in the grass and some rough gravel so they navigate that better than stock tires for sure

View attachment 304292

View attachment 304293

View attachment 304294
Nice paint job😎
there not as good as the 6s backflips and they do come unglued a lot think its because they are more of a 4s tyre really
I'd love to see LP's with a thicker sidewall, that's where they fail on me. The MT's seem to have a thicker sidewall, but they do come unglued on me.. goes to show how much differently we use our rigs I guess..😉
I was tempted to try my LP's on the Mojo but, between hacking the body and already seeing signs of sidewall tears, nah.
I suppose the Mojo Fortress tires are similar to the Katar-T's in regards to footprint and tread pattern? The Fortess tires do have a taller lug though. Grip is similar on hard pack, both are tough as nails too. My Fortress tires have never needed to be reglued.. they're the ONLY tires that I've ever used for so long without the need for glue, say 2.5 years now? A couple of the wheels are wobbling a bit but🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Nice paint job😎

I'd love to see LP's with a thicker sidewall, that's where they fail on me. The MT's seem to have a thicker sidewall, but they do come unglued on me.. goes to show how much differently we use our rigs I guess..😉
I was tempted to try my LP's on the Mojo but, between hacking the body and already seeing signs of sidewall tears, nah.
I suppose the Mojo Fortress tires are similar to the Katar-T's in regards to footprint and tread pattern? The Fortess tires do have a taller lug though. Grip is similar on hard pack, both are tough as nails too. My Fortress tires have never needed to be reglued.. they're the ONLY tires that I've ever used for so long without the need for glue, say 2.5 years now? A couple of the wheels are wobbling a bit but🤷‍♂️
I like the copperhead 2 on my 6s kraton but the foams are totally crap the backflip lp foams seem really good never had a problem with those

don't like those two metal hoops sticking out the ground 😵‍💫
I hit one of those quite a distance away in a large grassy field. The worse carnage my K6 ever got. Chassis and all. Iremeber my ESC and lipo/tray all ripped out. Its a great basher spot, but now I stand rightthere on now it, so I never hit it again.:whistle:
Nice paint job😎

Damn I am still runnning my V1 Mojo OE Boxed Fortresses too. Some years old now. I got a replacement set when it was new. They are still in the packaging. If I can wear out a set of any RC tires till they are Bald, I feel I did good.
I saw pix of Opened and Torn up BF Lp's and also 6s BF's, and although the wheels are identical last I checked, The LP's looked to be of thicker rubber. And the LP Foams are different and way better.
I always vent my my non belted tires and balance them.
I keep them dry also. Or the foams will get wet , dry rot, get moldy, and screw up the whole tire. It's just not good for Open Cell foam to get wet. Wish they were all Closed cell foam. But that costs more $$ to make them that way.

Last edited:
I hit one of those quite a distance away in a large grassy field. The worse carnage my K6 ever got. Chassis and all. Iremeber my ESC and lipo/tray all ripped out. Its a great basher spot, but now I stand rightthere on now it, so I never hit it again.:whistle:

Damn I am still runnning my V1 Mojo OE Boxed Fortresses too. Some years old now. I got a replacement set when it was new. They are still in the packaging. If I can wear out a set of any RC tires till they are Bald, I feel I did good.
I saw pix of Opened and Torn up BF Lp's and also 6s BF's, and although the wheels are identical last I checked, The LP's looked to be of thicker rubber. And the LP Foams are different and way better.
I always vent my my non belted tires and balance them.
I keep them dry also. Or the foams will get wet , dry rot, get moldy, and screw up the whole tire. It's just not good for Open Cell foam to get wet. Wish they were all Closed cell foam. But that costs more $$ to make them that way.
Seeing is believing, I'll take your word for it on sidewall thickness between LP's and MT's. For whatever reason, the MT sidewalls "feel" thicker but 🤷‍♂️ We're extremely rough on sidewalls in my camp, throwing rigs into turns at speed tends to shred.. is what it is. The Fortress (6s) have been immune to it though..I'm with ya, discarding tires/wheels with good tread left on them keeps me up at night!! (Not really, but) definitely chafes my arse though.

I like the copperhead 2 on my 6s kraton but the foams are totally crap the backflip lp foams seem really good never had a problem with those
I definitely agree. My kraton tires turned into poop after a while. I don't know if I got them wet some how or what but I've never had that happen with 6s backflips.

I definitely agree. My kraton tires turned into poop after a while. I don't know if I got them wet some how or what but I've never had that happen with 6s backflips.
I've experienced foam failures of some degree on most all tires..likely from water, I have a fetish for snow bashing😎
Sealing the wheels and venting the tires helps, next I plan on trying to keep them closed right up.. may end up bouncy but I can remove tape from the wheels for dry season at least, if it doesn't blow right off.🤷‍♂️

Last weekend was the first and last time I’ll drift rough asphalt with these, I also believe the vent holes are too large in the tire and allow too much ballon at low rpm. Gonna seal them up a mm with tire glue, the walls are thin but for $70 a set are an extremely dynamic combo between centrifugal force and precision handling. These are also not plug and play, all 6 i've purchased new with only tire venting have required ounces of weight to balance.

Edit-to be fair the front diff is well past due for fresh 100k and claimed another victim next time out

B00A91E8-573A-4A3E-8068-02978E1CEEF2.jpeg

0F9207AE-20ED-4E0A-8926-CF65FE6A4218.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t like running backflip LPs on the Talion but did so as a comparison when this exact question was asked a couple years ago.

I prefer the non belted katars on the Talion but here goes….

Setup is v3 Talion on 6s (stock electronics w/twin motor fans) 20t pinion / 46t spur; 30k front diff / 1 million center diff / 60k rear on non belter Katar tires.
2nd video everything is the same with a switch to backflip LP tires

As far as foams disintegrating that award goes to the stock xmaxx tires for me. Three runs in no water no dirt in them running stock gearing and the foams just vaporized
Amen to that! Pure rubbish!! My brother and I have 2 complete sets of Xmaxx "flat" tires..tread like new..🤬 possibly the worses foams ever used in an rc tire..
I don’t like running backflip LPs on the Talion but did so as a comparison when this exact question was asked a couple years ago.

Setup is v3 Talion on 6s (stock electronics w/twin motor fans) 20t pinion / 46t spur; 30k front diff / 1 million center diff / 60k rear on non belter Katar tires.
Nice rips!! Gives a good comparison of grip and air control. I think the backflips performed better, although the Katars are definitely more durable. Can't decide?🤷‍♂️ Get both😎 I did🍻

Last edited:
As far as foams disintegrating that award goes to the stock xmaxx tires for me. Three runs in no water no dirt in them running stock gearing and the foams just vaporized
bet there not cheap either 1/5 scale tires :sneaky:

I couldn't get hardly any air control with the katars thats why I changed to the LPs

Last edited:
  • Overgearing is one thing. Ken Block once said it's easy to ruin a Desert Racer truck in 15 minutes. The trick is not to do so. Higher centrifugal force needs beadlock tires (instead of glue) and thicker side walls.

• Tread is the other. I think the Backflip LPs 4s last pretty long when it comes to tread and gearing of max 80 - 85km/h. And it makes sense to have 300k+ oil in the center diff to reduce ballooning in the front. Thinner center diff oil will just unglue the front tires in a short time.
Moirae kind of runs the XLX2 in a Granite on 12S. So he needs lots of glue. 😁

Thank you Brother! Great comparison for me. I wish I were your neighbor nice backyard spot to bash and unwind there!

I've experienced foam failures of some degree on most all tires..likely from water, I have a fetish for snow bashing😎
Sealing the wheels and venting the tires helps, next I plan on trying to keep them closed right up.. may end up bouncy but I can remove tape from the wheels for dry season at least, if it doesn't blow right off.🤷‍♂️
It felt like the rubber became really soft. Is that from water? what do you think?
  • Overgearing is one thing. Ken Block once said it's easy to ruin a Desert Racer truck in 15 minutes. The trick is not to do so. Higher centrifugal force needs beadlock tires (instead of glue) and thicker side walls.

• Tread is the other. I think the Backflip LPs 4s last pretty long when it comes to tread and gearing of max 80 - 85km/h. And it makes sense to have 300k+ oil in the center diff to reduce ballooning in the front. Thinner center diff oil will just unglue the front tires in a short time.
Moirae kind of runs the XLX2 in a Granite on 12S. So he needs lots of glue. 😁
Haha backflip 6s tires have actually been really durable for me. I don't even have to reglue them often and I run them in rigs geared 70 to 80 mph. I absolutely love them! Backflip lp's explode with the same gearing, I went through a lot of them before I gave up. I did like the handling with them but I also don't dislike the handling with the 6s backflips 🤣

It felt like the rubber became really soft. Is that from water? what do you think?
For me, I was thinking I ruined them in the snow, I did close the holes in the wheels with hot glue. Then vented the tires..still went flat🤷‍♂️
My brother never ran his in snow though, so not sure.
I've read quite a few times of others having the "flat tire" syndrome with Xmaxx tires too.
Yet, then there's folks who've abused the crap out of them for years🤷‍♂️
I did read somewhere that TRX changed the foams at some point, for the worse I believe.

Why non belted instead of belted?
Weight and handling IMO are much better running the non belted Katars off road. High speed driving on asphalt was the only place I felt the belted katars were better than the non belted version

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back