Talion Talion XL thanks for all the advice...Perfect!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how nimble the talion is so like keeping at least one regular wheelbase as stated above. Hell i have a lightweight one on the belted exb tires, a beefcake m2c'd one with backflip lps, and a medium beef on the fireteam wheels. I did build a xl after all that and it is a little heavier since i used a just bash it chassis but all of them are a blast. I don't care for the body having a huge gap behind it so i went with the savage flux xl unbreakable body on mine and just had to trim the rear lip down a little to get the body to fit.

talion 2.jpg

talion 3.jpg

talion.jpg

xl talion 2.jpg

xl talion.jpg

@calebgilmore @jkflow @KevinC & others

You all inspire me to try it stock with the BF LPs or BF before I change anything.... curious what the performance change would be...

Anything is better than stock Katar T's IMO..worst tires I've ever bought, well almost. Least traction for sure.
Typhon tires are right there with them. Mine got belted 2.8 badlands 😂

Typhon tires are right there with them. Mine got belted 2.8 badlands 😂
Yep, sorry, I didn't mean to come off sideways. I just have yet to find a place the Katars work well. Tough for sure, just lack grip on most any surface. FWIW, the TLR Typhon Exobytes are even worses!!🤣🤣

Am I the only person who likes the stock Talion tires? Great balance of grip and slip for ripping around on a variety of surfaces. I’ve only used the non-belted version though.
the TLR Typhon Exobytes are even worse
+1

Am I the only person who likes the stock Talion tires? Great balance of grip and slip for ripping around on a variety of surfaces. I’ve only used the non-belted version though.

+1
Definitely not the only one, I see RCDUDE 81 is a big fan of the Katars as well. I definitely get the drifting action they provide, they are extremely tough as well. Just not a go to for me. I picked a set of non belted Katar T's from JRC a while back. Still look like new. I'll burn em up eventually.

Katars are ok for street or hard packed surfaces, which I don't have a lot of in my area. On the street, a set doesn't last all that long, and it's 'cheaper' to use an Infraction. At least that is how I justified that purchase :ROFLMAO:

I like the Katars for street or grass but the grass can't be wet at all or its 360s with even light throttle. Problem is grass slows down a Typhon more than a bigger rig so I don't have them anymore.
I agree, I have an Xray buggy that just sat on a shelf for years cuz I didn't have good place to run it, same for 1/10 buggies and stadium trucks. Just get bored running them up and down the street, too lazy to pack them up and travel. So I've mainly been focused on 1/8 truggy or monster truggies for the last 15 years or so. Now I have a track at the house that's actually smooth enough to enjoy them, nothing great but, being at home makes it soo much more enjoyable. Gets boring by myself though,LOL.

I like the Katars for street or grass but the grass can't be wet at all or its 360s with even light throttle. Problem is grass slows down a Typhon more than a bigger rig so I don't have them anymore.
Running stock now and have the same problem with 360s since I am on loose dirt. Mostly what I bash on, but only happens with this rig.....part of my unspoken ask when I started this post maybe a longer rig would be more stable like the FT is no 360s.

However....running the Talion EXB on 4S is totally different level of control and on 360s on the loose dirt....that's only on 4S, not when I go 6S.

Obligatory plug! 🤣 🤣
Always wanted to ask....

Cool spot like right..... is that the school dirt yard....just perfect like it always waiting for bashing?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back