Typhon Team Associated or Arrma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The TLRT Pills seem to be brittle in colder climates for sure. Like most RC plastics. Broke 2 already with love taps just at the right place. Bent the Pins as well. Pins are also much shorter on the TLRT Typhon, because of the pill setup.
I didn't buy my TLRT for bashing per se. 6s RTR Typhon is better for Bashing. Many put on bigger tires to Truggify it. Because it is low and smallish for most ungroomed terrain. But then maybe they bought the wrong rig, and trying to make it someting it wasn't meant to be.
I have a Notorious for that. (same chassis/Wheelbase)
I have used the Mojave Fortress tires on my TLRT. Decent fit with Much Traction. But honestly, they change the whole dynamic of this buggy. A bit too tall for my liking. (n) Yet it does work great for bashing, if you don't mind the higher center of gravity and all that results. And Traction rolling is a bear to contend with.

Last edited:
The TLRT Pills seem to be brittle in colder climates for sure. Like most RC plastics. Broke 2 already with love taps just at the right place. Bent the Pins as well. Pins are also much shorter on the TLRT Typhon, because of the pill setup.
I didn't buy my TLRT for bashing per se. 6s RTR Typhon is better for Bashing. Many put on bigger tires to Truggify it. Because it is low and smallish for most ungroomed terrain. But then maybe they bought the wrong rig, and trying to make it someting it wasn't meant to be.
I have a Notorious for that. (same chassis/Wheelbase)
I have used the Mojave Fortress tires on my TLRT. Decent fit with Much Traction. But honestly, they change the whole dynamic of this buggy. A bit too tall for my liking. (n) Yet it does work great for bashing, if you don't mind the higher center of gravity and all that results. And Traction rolling is a bear to contend with.
I made a mashup of mojo and kraton exb's.. I must say, the short armed kraton is my favorite of the 4 different "models". Kraton XL is good, but still needs the open space the mojo shines in. Perhaps even more so..
The narrowed kraton is on mojo fortress tires, really nice balance IMO. Hoping maybe those new Proline tires for the mojo might be the ticket for my clay track. I've tried the X-cons and Losi XTT, great traction for sure, but they rub the body pretty bad. Even after hacking away at it. I just want that xl buggy theme.. narrow(ish) tires.. like the TC Asuga, but Arrma durability.
The kraton XL needs FT springs at least to give it any good handling. Currently still on Arrma's heaviest option springs for the kexb, but they're too soft still.

Different application though. A race buggy with regular sized 1/8th scale tires isn't set up for thick grass. Personally I'd go with the Kraton 6s over any of the other options, dude needs some height and big chunky tires.
I agree that a 1/8 buggy won't do well with thick grass. I was responding to your point about a Typhon doing better than the TA, as I don't think there would be much difference.

A Kraton or other truggy would be a better choice.

That TA Race Kit rig is specifically for 4s race packs. No one races these with monster 6s bricks, Tracks don't allow it. 6s only is used for bashing or speed running.
You want 6s right?
Hence Arrma. TLRT Typhon. And I run mine on 4s. HW XR8 Plus 1950kv G3 motor combo. Sensored. Runs all day long, cool as a cucumber. 22T pinion. 58mph PB on pavement. I gear down for the technical dirt stuff. I don't race. No tracks near me. 6s lipos are way to much power for the Typhon, IMHO. I save that for my other Arrma 6s rigs.

Edited.
ok thanks, good to know!
I think a Tekno eb48.3 or et48 2.0 will do you right
How would do those teknos handle on thickish grass? and What would you suggest to run in them for electronic's? I've been looking to get one but there very expensive although from what I've heard you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
ok thanks, good to know!

How would do those teknos handle on thickish grass? and What would you suggest to run in them for electronic's? I've been looking to get one but there very expensive although from what I've heard you get what you pay for.
EB not great. Not enough ground clearance. ET can handle thick grass though.

Castle MMX6S or Hobbywing Max8 for ESC.

4274 size motor. 1800-2000kv range for 4S or 1400-1600kv range for 6S.

Tekno is top notch.

ok thanks, good to know!

Compared to a TLR or TA, the Tekno is not that Costly. And parts are widely available, here in the states at least. I feel the Tekno's could be more durable. Many can atest. But definitley heavier out the box in stock trim.. But just Slightly heavier as Track rigs go. Track guys are so into being as light as possible, even a few grams seems to be important. For bashing that is just splitting hairs. If you never built a kit before, get a Tekno anything, and you will learn so much about RC, building your own from scratch. Again, instructions are among the best. TA Kits also have great Instructions, FWIW.
I went with the MT410. The size equivalent of an Arrma Notorious if that helps.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back