Team Corally XTR Kronos roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I had a sit down with the engineer at a local fab /machine shop that does this type of work. I brought him the front tower brace to look at because I know that's the most difficult part to make. We talked about redesigning it for simplicity/strength and they plan on getting back to me with a quote. I plan to take them some of the other parts that need work(ackerman,chassis,hingepin holders, pins, possibly the gearbox). My question to you guys is, do you think there would be enough demand if I ordered say 50 of each part(assuming the pricing/quality is comparable to similar products) and do you have any suggestions on other upgrades. LMK

Ps. Im just doing this because I have a poop ton of free time. I was in a bad motorcycle accident last September and currently can't work in my profession. So I'm bored as fiddlestick lmao. If they're able to make the parts of good quality I will sell them basically at cost.
I’d most likely take a set or two as well.

Would these fit all the other TC bashers, not just the XTR? That would make selling 50 more possible. if it’s XTR only, then the possibility of selling 50 is more challenging.

I’ve only had mine for a short time so I am l still learning about the TC vehicles. I like it so far though so will upgrade it as needed. So I’d take one set for sure.
Hurricane
Most of the parts are completely interchangeable. The regular kronos/xtr/punisher and shogun/muraco are exactly the same except for the hubs/stub axles/front CVDs.
The SWB (jambo/dementor) have different rear bracing but everything from the center diff forward is identical. Honestly the only difference is the rear chassis braces, side guards and rear center Axle.

Short answer, Yes lol 90% of poop is interchangeable

Yes I know, I know - this is an old thread. But the XTR has been around a couple of years and has a newer version.

So - where are people's long term appraisals?

Quite a few people fitted Arrma Kraton shocks to their XTR.

I've had zero trouble with XTR 21, except for a weak wing. I opted for Corally electronics, Kuron 825 and Torox ESC.

Heat was an issue, largely because I drove like I stole it and wasn't shy to wring out high speeds on 6S off road. It's amazing I didn't see magic smoke, but I remedied it with cooling fans, heat sink and chassis shroud.

IMG_20220915_123624.jpg

IMG_20220913_184202.jpg

Next up, I was keen to see how fast this crazy rig is. It was obvious that speed runs on these ballooning tyres weren't going to be sensible, so I used these:
IMG_20220508_104622.jpg

Very impressed with these tyres and wheels with separate wheel hex mounts. They obviously required balancing, but they were pretty good considering their weight.
IMG_20220509_221528.jpg

Now ready for speed runs. Anyone that can express how ugly the XTR is over the current crop of Arrma truck bodies is living in a fantasy world of make believe. 😝

Much as I love blasting this around off road, I had to know how fast it can go.
IMG_20220512_201556.jpg

For me, the 0-60 time is just as important. Pointless having a truck that can do 70 mph if it takes a mile to get there!! 🤣

Long story short...

Screenshot_20230810-202148.png

Screenshot_20230810-195155.png

All done on 6S with the supplied 13t pinion. I ran with an Onyx Graphene battery. The above results were done in the wet, between showers, so traction was sub-optimal. Next year, I want to obliterate these times. This chassis has so much more to give.

Edit: I thought I'd mention the stock servo saver spring was upgraded to a carefully selected, bespoke replacement, to ensure positive steering with heavier belted tyres.

What are people here achieving with their Kraton's and Kronos's?

Kronos = nothin, mine's broken atm..🤣
Kraton = sold or transformed them into other stuff (don't like the Kraton personally) 😎
So, do you have any aspirations regards getting the XTR up and running again?

I'm looking for ways of improving the top speed, but not at the expense of losing too much acceleration. Yes, I'll try some speed runs with a larger pinion - but I'm really wanting to find ways of getting power down so I can launch my XTR to 60mph in less than 3 seconds. Is it possible? 🤔

You might know better than most.

I'm keen to pick up a Kraton EXB (discontinued) but I'm open minded regards motors. The 825 is quick, but turning bigger pinions but wanting good acceleration as well will require strong torque - and no doubt a bigger-can motor. Suggestions are welcome.

I'm also thinking of building an Sworkz S35 T2E.....

Yes I know, I know - this is an old thread. But the XTR has been around a couple of years and has a newer version.

So - where are people's long term appraisals?

Quite a few people fitted Arrma Kraton shocks to their XTR.

I've had zero trouble with XTR 21, except for a weak wing. I opted for Corally electronics, Kuron 825 and Torox ESC.

Heat was an issue, largely because I drove like I stole it and wasn't shy to wring out high speeds on 6S off road. It's amazing I didn't see magic smoke, but I remedied it with cooling fans, heat sink and chassis shroud.

View attachment 328936

View attachment 328937

Next up, I was keen to see how fast this crazy rig is. It was obvious that speed runs on these ballooning tyres weren't going to be sensible, so I used these:
View attachment 328941
Very impressed with these tyres and wheels with separate wheel hex mounts. They obviously required balancing, but they were pretty good considering their weight.
View attachment 328942
Now ready for speed runs. Anyone that can express how ugly the XTR is over the current crop of Arrma truck bodies is living in a fantasy world of make believe. 😝

Much as I love blasting this around off road, I had to know how fast it can go.
View attachment 328943
For me, the 0-60 time is just as important. Pointless having a truck that can do 70 mph if it takes a mile to get there!! 🤣

Long story short...

View attachment 328944
View attachment 328945
All done on 6S with the supplied 13t pinion. I ran with an Onyx Graphene battery. The above results were done in the wet, between showers, so traction was sub-optimal. Next year, I want to obliterate these times. This chassis has so much more to give.

Edit: I thought I'd mention the stock servo saver spring was upgraded to a carefully selected, bespoke replacement, to ensure positive steering with heavier belted tyres.

What are people here achieving with their Kraton's and Kronos's?

Welcome brother. I had been following your thread on rc tech but haven't checked in in a while.

So, do you have any aspirations regards getting the XTR up and running again?

I'm looking for ways of improving the top speed, but not at the expense of losing too much acceleration. Yes, I'll try some speed runs with a larger pinion - but I'm really wanting to find ways of getting power down so I can launch my XTR to 60mph in less than 3 seconds. Is it possible? 🤔

You might know better than most.
Oh yes, I have the parts to fix the Kronos, and I also have a ton of upgrade parts that I still haven't fitted and now the Kagama is out..!!😉👍🏼

Speed wise I think my setup will easily do what you're asking, Max6/4082 combo (have a look at my build thread over on CorallyForum)..

Oh yes, I have the parts to fix the Kronos, and I also have a ton of upgrade parts that I still haven't fitted and now the Kagama is out..!!😉👍🏼

Speed wise I think my setup will easily do what you're asking, Max6/4082 combo (have a look at my build thread over on CorallyForum)..
I've scoured over your build thread many times, which is excellent by the way. I do like threads which are illustrated.

I'll check the 4082.

Is a 4292 too much do you think? Would it even fit? 🤔 I'm going to go and measure.....

My Rocket 4292 1780kv is on it's way. Let's see how it helps the 0-60mph, if at all. I'm mindful of the fact that it's about 120 grams heavier than my 4274. But 5200 watts......🤞
I know its older thread but how is the 4292 1780kv Rocket motor? I'm looking to get one for a Kraton build I'm doing & pair w/ a 20t pinion & a HW EZRUN Max6 G2. I'll run on 6s. Speed, temps, etc?

I know its older thread but how is the 4292 1780kv Rocket motor? I'm looking to get one for a Kraton build I'm doing & pair w/ a 20t pinion & a HW EZRUN Max6 G2. I'll run on 6s. Speed, temps, etc?
It's a good motor and runs nice and cool. It's heavier and produces more torque. It's rated at 4200 watts. On 18/52 gearing in 0°C conditions, I got:
Screenshot_20231201-145123.png

And:
Screenshot_20231201-151642.png

So there's quite a lot of scope to gear this motor up. 💪😎
PXL_20231201_155727904~2.jpg

Motor temps were around 97°F - so less than body temperature - after ragging 2 packs through it on 18/52.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back