Team Corally Spark XB6 basher buggy? Wait, what?!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, basher buggy is an enigma I feel. When I think of a basher it has larger tires that enable it to run over rough terrain and give some air control. Just my imagination though. Bashing can be alot of different things though..
A basher should be a monster truck by default not a muggy or truggy. The ground clearence is greatly limited

I have both the Team Corally Python 6s and the Typhon 6s and both are upgraded using the stock motors . I will tell you DO “NOT” SLEEP ON TEAM CORALLY IN NO SHAPE OR FORM .. Stock for stock with just gearing on both , the Python will walk the Typhon and is CHEAPER. With that being said , the Typhon is still king because of the after market support that TC don’t have . You can’t go wrong either way , just letting people know to those who don’t. My Typhon (me personally) has gone 94mph on just gearing and my Python has gone 98mph on the same gearing…
IMG_3760.jpeg

I have both the Team Corally Python 6s and the Typhon 6s and both are upgraded using the stock motors . I will tell you DO “NOT” SLEEP ON TEAM CORALLY IN NO SHAPE OR FORM .. Stock for stock with just gearing on both , the Python will walk the Typhon and is CHEAPER. With that being said , the Typhon is still king because of the after market support that TC don’t have . You can’t go wrong either way , just letting people know to those who don’t. My Typhon (me personally) has gone 94mph on just gearing and my Python has gone 98mph on the same gearing…View attachment 329380
Agreed, no shortage of speed in a TC rig. What's been lacking was durability and aftermarket support..TC has stepped up big time, and now M2C is starting to make TC parts.. Kagama first, hopefully other models to follow..alot of the TC truggies use same parts so should help v2 Kronos, Shogun and Muraco owner's. 👊👍🍻

I'm an Arrma fan and have only ever owned one Corally, the VERY fragile Muirraco.

Going by JUST sheer aggressive speed, most if not all the Team Corally range, the Shogun, Punisher, Murraco etc would absolutely whop the butt off the Typhon 6s..................BUT, thoese particular ones Imentioned are so fragile, OMG.....awful, but the corally power system, well, Just picture Spinks vs Tyson. Tyson's raw power vs the over-rated {Spinks) Typhon {70mph with extra pinion bull crap, as I've owned one, Iknow myself and 2 of my mates who bought 'em, all fitted the pinion, done speed runs etc....not one of us hit 70mph, Just really TRIGGERS me when such a well known company like Arrma puts bullshit on the box and/or small print (please note 70mph MAY be possible with an extra pinion.....blah blah) WHY cant they put the Correct speeds on?

Or, Just say It will do straight out of the box simple as that.yeah, If I Install the FCC mod on my DJI Air 3 Drone, It will go far, but I can guarantee you that with our rubbish laws, Yanks get 70% more signal strength and have seen many of them do 20km....but DJI are full of It too...ARGHHH, I'm triggered..lol

Every Arrma Typhon may be a little different, like 1 may get 56nph out of the box, then if you go messing about changing pinion, better grip tyres, you MIGHT stand a chance of hitting 68, or It may be your LUCKY day after forking out for 2-3 upgrades MIGHT sniff 70mph.

I never ever thought I would say this, but "Well done Team Corally, seems like your are actually listening to peoples complaints/comments/chatter In forums and utube etc, and fetching out some fantastic releases"

Never thought I would actually be bragging them up, but I have to say...I was going to get the Asuga, but 100 percent....going on a quick 30 min drive to pic up a spark 6s today.

Please forgive me for my sins, but, OMG....love It.

Matt

Going by JUST sheer aggressive speed, most if not all the Team Corally range, the Shogun, Punisher, Murraco etc would absolutely whop the butt off the Typhon 6s
TC cars use a rebranded Max8 ESC compared to Arrma cars that use the lower quality rebranded 8BL150.

TC cars use a rebranded Max8 ESC compared to Arrma cars that use the lower quality rebranded 8BL150.
From my understanding it is tuned a bit more aggressive than the Max8 though.

I was following a similar discussion on another forum and I remember reading that TC gears their cars a lot more aggressively than Arrma from the factory as well. I don't remember exactly if they were referring to the diff gearing or pinion/spur. I like TC, especially the Asuga. However, the only TC I've owned (a Mammoth) caught on fire.

Last edited:
I’ve had both and couldn’t tell any difference. I’d bet $100 it’s the same thing, different color.

I don't have the TC esc but I do have a Max8 and it does have a bit more kick too it compared to the BLX185 or Firma150a.

I was following a similar discussion on another forum and I remember reading that TC gears their cars a lot more aggressively than Arrma from the factory as well. I don't remember exactly if they were referring to the diff gearing or pinion/spur. I like TC, especially the Asuga. However, the only TC I've owned (a Mammoth) caught on fire.
This is probably what I was thinking of.

I believe it's the diff ratio that's different. They have a quicker roll out, but also are very sensitive to over gearing as a result. My Kronos won't accept a pinion over 13t with stock tires on 6s with the TC combo in it.. The esc will thermal like every 5 minutes regardless of ambient temps. I don't have a Max8 to compare with however.
I am currently running a Vxl8s with TC Kuron motor in my Kraton XL on 6s with a 13t pinion and CH2 tires. It runs really well, never seems to get hot.

omg....when I had the Corally Muracco I was STUNNED by the power and handling, BUT...the durability was absolutely shocking.

I used to think "If only a buggy had Corally power WITH massive durability...NOW I FEEL LIKE I'M CHEATING ON ARRMA!!

All I can think is Kagama or Spark? hmm??

Please forgive me gods of Arrma, I'm trying to keep away from them sexy lil Spark beats, I really am trying, but It's hard!!!!!

I'm gagging for someone like Razor to to a review........

Matt

omg....when I had the Corally Muracco I was STUNNED by the power and handling, BUT...the durability was absolutely shocking.

I used to think "If only a buggy had Corally power WITH massive durability...NOW I FEEL LIKE I'M CHEATING ON ARRMA!!

Please forgive me gods of Arrma, I'm trying to keep away from them sexy lil Spark beats, I really am trying, but It's hard!!!!!

Matt
Buy what ya like!! I know we're all here because we're Arrma enthusiasts but, no reason to limit ourselves to a brand. The Asuga, Kagama and Spark are indeed impressive from the previous TC rigs. I'm not on the market for anything in those class vehicles currently but, if I were, TC is lookin good IMO.
Right now, I'm really digging the latest v2.5 4s Arrma's. I'm pretty content with my 6 and 8s lineup.

Matt
KAGAMA! It sounds way better😄.

Spark: Spark! Spark! Come here boy! 🐩
Kagama:
Ninja GIF by Walk Off The Earth

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back