Typhon Team Losi Racing Tuned Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M2C braces are keyed in my Mojo. Running the M2c Keyed chassis.
My V1 Noto. OE F/R braces not keyed. (using older, Typhon chassis not keyed )
FWIW.

The more I’ve looked over this buggy looks like a nice 1/8 buggy I think it’s going to be great on the track and for some bashing that I do. I am chomping at the bit to get one haha. Waiting for local shop to get them in now.

There could be some awesome builds with the roller. Hopefully this brings arrma a step closer to the racing scene. Glad to see that Arrma is expanding thier company with their frequent releases.
Great Job Reaction GIF

There is no racing scene any more. Racing jump started the RC revolution boom in the 1980's.
Now it is very scarce. And very expensive if you want to compete. Traveling and all. You need to move to a place that has a track. And hope it wont close on you. There just no tracks for 99% of us. Wish there was one everywhere. Don't get me wrong. Just not realistic.
Racing is not just getting to the track once a month or twice a year. Taking a weekend here and there to travel for a few days to a track. It needs to be accessible to the masses of RC'ers to be realistic.
Nowadays, Racing is just a dream inspired by the Brands. Some with old bragging rights, We all just bash now. If we didn't bash, The surface RC hobby would be completely dead. RTR's in the early 2000's boosted and revived RC popularity. Because it was on life support for a while. Think Traxass.

8th scale is not that widespread now, but there’s still a lot of 10th scale around the country. Just depends on where you live. Obviously you need a large population and reasonable land prices to be able to have racing, for the most part.

I ordered mine. And fiuger I use it at this track like 30mins away from me. I don't know anything about racing or how u set cars up for different terrain. And I figured this would get me started and teach me with out having to buy a top dollar kit. So to me not a bad idea.

So they have a release date and price for the UK, 30 September £419..!! that's the same price as an EXB Kraton..!!
In my opinion it's too much money for what it is, should have been about £379 I think 🤔

8th scale is not that widespread now, but there’s still a lot of 10th scale around the country. Just depends on where you live. Obviously you need a large population and reasonable land prices to be able to have racing, for the most part.
Real estate is the main problem. Populated areas drive up RE. Several tracks closed an hour or so away from me 5-6 years ago One owner spoke with me at length. His track was one of last Sanctioned tracks here in the North East. He couldn't afford it. Just breaking even for the past 10 years, Had a shop inside also. Said there is no business. Just a few very local regulars at the club level. . And when he held regional events , Pro level, it garnered little attenion from the locals. Seemed like there was some disconnect between the club level and pro level. I was surprised. He had a nice track that Pros liked also.
His lease was up. Rent was killing him. Closed his doors.
2 years ago I called a track a few hours away in Long Island, Asked questions about coming, the usual, classes etc.
The day I was set to go, packed and all, son was excited. I called ahead, someone answered and said they closed permanently, they were moving out as we spoke. :( Thats it for me. No tracks by me. I was trying to get my son into racing. Teach him. He drives so well also. I felt bad telling him the track is no more. The day I was set to come. From 1990 -2001 I would say it peaked for tracks in my area. Then it declined.

Last edited:
Real estate is the main problem. Populated areas drive up RE. Several tracks closed an hour or so away from me 5-6 years ago One owner spoke with me at length. His track was one of last Sanctioned tracks hear in the North East. He couldn't afford it. Just breaking even for the past 10 years, Had a shop inside also. Said there is no business. Just a few very local regulars at the club level. . And when he held regional events , Pro level, it garnered little attenion from the locals. Seemed like there was some disconnect between the club level and pro level. I was surprised. He had a nice track that Pros liked also.
2 years ago I called a track a few hours away in Long Island, Asked questions about coming, the usual, classes etc.
The day I was set to go, packed and all, son was excited. I called ahead, someone answered and said they closed permanently, they were moving out as we spoke. :( Thats it for me. No tracks by me. I was trying to get my son into racing. Teach him. He drives so well also. I felt bad telling him the track is no more. The day I was set to come. From 1990 -2001 I would say it peaked for tracks in my area. Then it declined.
That's a sad fact for sure. Somewhat the same for me. Closest track around me is 1.5 hours away. Would love to attend but the travel is a killer on the highways. Traffic will put that 1.5 to more like 2 and for me, that's a chunk of time. Land is just crazy expensive and there's no easy solution.

On a lighter note I can see now the videos coming out from people making this new Typhon into a speedster! More power more speed!!

So now I'm at a dilemma, I have 2 extra arrmas I've been building from scratch, I am building a full exb version typhon for my 13 yr old because thats what he wanted and wanted me to teach him how to race on a track and I'm building an extra kraton into a race truggy version to run with him, since I haven't raced in years I did not want to invest in high end racers for now till I see if he's gonna like it or not, track I used to race is still racing every weekend even though they are about an hour drive. So now I'm wondering if it would be easier to just buy him a TLR Typhon instead and I just buy the tuning parts for my extra kraton, lol. Dang decisions decisions decisions and I also made my other typhon to run on a track and now with that one I'm thinking of also waiting for the TLR tuned hinge pin holders to get more adjustments. what the heck did I get myself into lol.
20210911_112840.jpg

Real estate is the main problem. Populated areas drive up RE. Several tracks closed an hour or so away from me 5-6 years ago One owner spoke with me at length. His track was one of last Sanctioned tracks hear in the North East. He couldn't afford it. Just breaking even for the past 10 years, Had a shop inside also. Said there is no business. Just a few very local regulars at the club level. . And when he held regional events , Pro level, it garnered little attenion from the locals. Seemed like there was some disconnect between the club level and pro level. I was surprised. He had a nice track that Pros liked also.

This reality is one of the reasons why in our area I'm trying to grow rock racing. We are finishing our second track, and once the weather cools a bit more ( it will be 104 today ), I'm hoping to start building the first season group of drivers.

There will be some very general rules with the main idea trying to get drivers to come out and participate. We learned a lot from our first track https://www.mojavevalleyrcadventures.com/desert-racetrack.html and I hope that the new one helps increase the number of interested drivers. I hope to see a rock racer from ARRMA one day; I think they could easily pull it off.

If this track shows progress, we are looking to build a large scale truck track for the Mojave / Super Baja Rey's, and other platforms to race. I will be built with inspiration from Crandon, copying as much as we can from that track. That will take more work, but I think racing Mojaves would be an absolute riot.

s

This reality is one of the reasons why in our area I'm trying to grow rock racing. We are finishing our second track, and once the weather cools a bit more ( it will be 104 today ), I'm hoping to start building the first season group of drivers.

There will be some very general rules with the main idea trying to get drivers to come out and participate. We learned a lot from our first track https://www.mojavevalleyrcadventures.com/desert-racetrack.html and I hope that the new one helps increase the number of interested drivers. I hope to see a rock racer from ARRMA one day; I think they could easily pull it off.

If this track shows progress, we are looking to build a large scale truck track for the Mojave / Super Baja Rey's, and other platforms to race. I will be built with inspiration from Crandon, copying as much as we can from that track. That will take more work, but I think racing Mojaves would be an absolute riot.

s
Our local crawler group is more active than both our local bash group and race group pages on Facebook combined. We just go out to have fun, not really any sort of competition. I actually rarely see anyone post on the race page really sad considering they have races once a week.

Our local crawler group is more active than both our local bash group and race group pages on Facebook combined. We just go out to have fun, not really any sort of competition. I actually rarely see anyone post on the race page really sad considering they have races once a week.

Same here; our crawler group is much larger. In the summer I focus on crawling, and when it gets cooler, the buggies and trucks come back out.

s

That's a sad fact for sure. Somewhat the same for me. Closest track around me is 1.5 hours away. Would love to attend but the travel is a killer on the highways. Traffic will put that 1.5 to more like 2 and for me, that's a chunk of time. Land is just crazy expensive and there's no easy solution.

On a lighter note I can see now the videos coming out from people making this new Typhon into a speedster! More power more speed!!
Yeah this TLRT would be perfect as a Speed Runner platform. Unfortunately that was not the intent. Typhon 6s was always a candidate platform for SR.
Nothing new though.

s
The Mojo would need alot of tuning to run a technical track for sure. I find it best for the wide open. And fun it is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back