Testing 2.5mm and 5mm width rubber O rings on MX 2.8 Badlands. 90mm Inside diameter w/video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered 3 7/8 x 1/8 or about 98 mm x 3.5 mm, and 90 hardness A couple days ago, but has not shipped yet.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051XZ1GE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would have liked to have gone harder but the 90’s weren’t the right size on McMaster. I’m looking forward to what you think of them.

Also I think the OD I wrote down is a lug height too big or something. I may have had the line sitting on a lug and didn’t see it when I took the measurement. This is why I shouldn’t do that kind of thing at midnight ?. I will recheck later tonight.

I would have liked to have gone harder but the 90’s weren’t the right size on McMaster. I’m looking forward to what you think of them.

Also I think the OD I wrote down is a lug height too big or something. I may have had the line sitting on a lug and didn’t see it when I took the measurement. This is why I shouldn’t do that kind of thing at midnight ?. I will recheck later tonight.
I hope harder is not to brittle, I also wanted to stay between 3 & 3.5 mm thick, time will tell. I usually end up going from one extreme to another so 70 is probably perfect......

Alright the 99mm x 3mm look to be “good” but I would rather have gone with the 2mm or 2.5mm width.

The ID looks like a winner though.

4856010D-0878-4578-BEE2-1A6FA49AA1B8.jpeg

4FFB9A7F-D721-4D20-9E12-6C0BBD8BDAE1.jpeg

Well 90 hardness has zero stretch..
Crushed wheels, trying to stretch out a bit and will see if it works.
Mine looked like that at first but have stretched a bit and look ok now.

Edit: actually after a closer look at yours they do look very tight.

Last edited:
Got a good run through the grass today. Will have to see the video, but ballooning stayed minimal. Happy with the 95 x 2.5 so far and since I plan to run it in grass and dirt only, pretty sure they'll hold up.
20200317_190907.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back