The unofficial Losi Tenacity DB Pro thread by Alex.M. and slick2500.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks

I can’t seem to find them the body mounts on Jenny’s
I’m Wondering if they are attached to the body set they sell
I think they’re attached to the main body. Going to check after work today.

Good morning guys

I was looking at buying nib dB pro but I noticed it had he Dx3 transmitter

Wondering if there’s been any upgrades to the newest releases Besides the transmitter

Thanks

Good morning guys

I was looking at buying nib dB pro but I noticed it had he Dx3 transmitter

Wondering if there’s been any upgrades to the newest releases Besides the transmitter

Thanks
The DX3 is a good radio for this rig controls it well, AVC option is good if you use it, etc. What are you after?

The DX3 is a good radio for this rig controls it well, AVC option is good if you use it, etc. What are you after?
The dB pro I’m looking at to buy has the dx2 so it’s the older version
I noticed The newer version has the Dx3

Was wondering what, if there are any other upgrades the newest version has

The dB pro I’m looking at to buy has the dx2 so it’s the older version
I noticed The newer version has the Dx3

Was wondering what, if there are any other upgrades the newest version has
So I have the one you are talking about, the LOS03027T1 that came with the DX2e (I run it off my DX5C). The newer which I did not know existed is LOS03027V2T1 or T2 black

New items I see over the older
  • DX3 and SR6200A which is the newer AVC rx over the older. Those are good upgrades
  • New comes 17T pinion were as older 15T for 3S and 17T for 2S. Two pinions came with mine.
So I do not see the 15T coming with this one like the old one for 3S. I would watch the temps at 17T since this is the same motor, same chassis, etc all other items are the same but at 17T it can get hot on 3S fast. They called this out on the previous model for 2S and 3S on which pinion to run. Actually said in bold in the manual DO NOT run 3S on 17T...called it out clearly.

Here are the specs on the older model I have:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc.../LOS03027T1.html?CAWELAID=320011980001546460#

The DX2E isn't a bad radio it is just kind of bulky and cumbersome for people with smaller hands and the plastic wheel is really a let down. The newer DX2E isn't as nice as the one I have, mine has a nice rubber grip on the handle, they did away with this on the newer models so it isn't as comfortable to hold. I've had mine for coming up on 7 years now and haven't had any glitches or range issues with it.

It is still a million times better than the Spektrum STX2, that is seriously the worst radio system in the history of radio systems. I have an old Traxxas FM radio with the fishing pole antenna that works way better than that pile of junk radio system did.

Last edited:
Thanks guys

So only upgrade / update is the rx/tx

I’m going to grab this one then

I have a bunch of pinions will see what works best

It’s already 100 here so i gear accordingly 😂

Thanks guys

So only upgrade / update is the rx/tx

I’m going to grab this one then

I have a bunch of pinions will see what works best

It’s already 100 here so i gear accordingly 😂
Well, you are like me in the south here.... the same temp, so hot. I took out the stock motor and dropped to a 2650kv with 18T pinion for lower temps with the same speed as stock works great. However, I still keep a fan on the motor, so I average about 130-140F motor temp in the hot heat.

The flat 40mm fan works well but I like the taller 40mm fans which I run off a separate small 3S battery 550mah. With this fan, I needed to cut an opening in the body. The fan is optional but I say recommended in my region. Test and find what works for you but the drop in electronics to equal the stock runs very cool.

1655654154934.png
1655654172397.png
1655654184040.png

Well, you are like me in the south here.... the same temp, so hot. I took out the stock motor and dropped to a 2650kv with 18T pinion for lower temps with the same speed as stock works great. However, I still keep a fan on the motor, so I average about 130-140F motor temp in the hot heat.

The flat 40mm fan works well but I like the taller 40mm fans which I run off a separate small 3S battery 550mah. With this fan, I needed to cut an opening in the body. The fan is optional but I say recommended in my region. Test and find what works for you but the drop in electronics to equal the stock runs very cool.

View attachment 224673View attachment 224674View attachment 224675
Thank you for all your help

I pulled the trigger!!

Can’t wait to get this thing
Seller was couple hundred miles away so my daughter picked it up

She said there’s not even a scratch on it

I will try different pinions size to find what’s best
And will definitely be adding some fans

Any other upgrades you recommend?

Thanks

1D036B1B-B71A-4CFF-88FD-D7F9780A85D1.jpeg

D7EDC751-5035-4DA5-98E0-3381FC3BB5D8.jpeg

0C07E19A-99CA-496F-98DB-D95EF83C599C.jpeg

64F0EA14-4736-4FF2-B66C-755FDAC939FC.jpeg

Thank you for all your help

I pulled the trigger!!

Can’t wait to get this thing
Seller was couple hundred miles away so my daughter picked it up

She said there’s not even a scratch on it

I will try different pinions size to find what’s best
And will definitely be adding some fans

Any other upgrades you recommend?

Thanks

View attachment 225345

View attachment 225346

View attachment 225347

View attachment 225348

WOW! This looks good like new!!! Good buy!

I tend to follow what the vets say drive it and see how it feels to you could first. Here are some of the early things I did and was called out but others

• Changed the steering Ackerman to remove the slop and removed the steering bushings
  • I did not send it but I do small jumps and removed the plastic chassis braces here here
  • With all rigs, overall check on screws, diff level fluids, and all gear/motor, etc gear mesh. This also included checking the stock shock fluid which the stock shock performs good if not sending it to the moon

Keep us posted!

The Exotek aluminum bell crank and a reciever box were my first upgrades on mine. I run mine on 4s with a Hobbywing Max 8 ESC and Leopard 3670 2400kv motor. Love this buggy!

Edit: forgot to mention I also run 17mm hexes and buggy wheels/tires on it.

Last edited:
WOW! This looks good like new!!! Good buy!

I tend to follow what the vets say drive it and see how it feels to you could first. Here are some of the early things I did and was called out but others

• Changed the steering Ackerman to remove the slop and removed the steering bushings
  • I did not send it but I do small jumps and removed the plastic chassis braces here here
  • With all rigs, overall check on screws, diff level fluids, and all gear/motor, etc gear mesh. This also included checking the stock shock fluid which the stock shock performs good if not sending it to the moon

Keep us posted!
Thank you sir!
The guy said it was brand new only bench tested

I’ll probably grab those braces and make sure to go over everything!
The Exotek aluminum bell crank and a reciever box were my first upgrades on mine. I run mine on 4s with a Hobbywing Max 8 ESC and Leopard 3670 2400kv motor. Love this buggy!

Edit: forgot to mention I also run 17mm hexes and buggy wheels/tires on it.
Thanks!

Sounds like exotek bell crank is a great and needed upgrade

And could you possibly recommend a 17mm adapter
Wondering if M2C makes one 🤔

And could you possibly recommend a 17mm adapter
Wondering if M2C makes one 🤔

I did add the RPM skid plates on mine not needed but I just wanted them. Video below. I cannot find the link again yes M2C does make a 17mm which was very easy to slip on. M2C does not list for the DB Pro but they have one that works on the other Losi that fits the DB Pro link just need to email them to ask which. I am still running two sets of 14mm tires with no issues but it is all about personal preference.

Old video but the process is the same for the 17mm.

Updated video on 17mm...

Last edited:
Thank you!
Probably run with stock tires see how I like and go from there
Thanks again for all your help!
🤛

Thank you!
Probably run with stock tires see how I like and go from there
Thanks again for all your help!
🤛

Just watch the stock tires...many videos of them coming unglued so for might want to add some extra glue. I like them but use them as shelf queen tires only, LOL. Outside of that seem to grip well

Yep, M2C makes the adapters. Here’s a picture of them. Also, the 4mm wheel nuts that come with them, make sure you threadlock those. M2C does sell them separately in a pack of 4 in case you lose them. The stock tires are really nice and offer very good grip. But they do come unglued quite a bit.

54B4B1A2-2523-4965-AD22-5B06627FFC5D.jpeg

Last edited:
Just watch the stock tires...many videos of them coming unglued so for might want to add some extra glue. I like them but use them as shelf queen tires only, LOL. Outside of that seem to grip well
Thank you

Do you recommend any tires for off road
Yep, M2C makes the adapters. Here’s a picture of them. Also, the 4mm wheel nuts that come with them, make sure you threadlock those. M2C does sell them separately in a pack of 4 in case you lose them. The stock tires are really nice and offer very good grip. But they do come unglued quite a bit.

View attachment 225524
Thank you sir!

Thank you

Do you recommend any tires for off road

Thank you sir!
This is a hard one so keep asking and looking. I use the Proline 2.2/3.0 Beadlock rims with tires BUT with the 2650kv motor and 18T pinion, I had to add glue to the tires. Should not since they are Beadlock but I did to keep them from pulling out the bead. Working fine now....not what I expected to do.

Prior I used Proline MX Badline 2.8" belted tire worked great but in a turn bite too much and it flipped...I like to drift a turn so pulled those off. These came as full tire like most, no Beadlock.

For the grass and hard-packed dirt, I use PL Blockade on the rims above. Work great since I want slip-on high traction surface like grass.

When I need grip and bit, I use the Badland MX which we all know they grip and these are on the same rims mentioned above.

Love both sets for the locations I used them in or the conditions of the area I can pick. Some like the big truggy tires but not a fan of the big tires on this buggy or Typhon....that's me.

It's a lot of reading but I read this whole thread once but was a lot of good info on tires, etc and everything :)

MX Badland for grip on beadlocks
1656104548741.png

Love these on the grass or areas I need grip and slip on beadlocks....wonderful tire! Similar to the Typhon TLR tire
1656104645994.png

Belted ones I pulled off...not heavy worked great no ballooning...since they are belted and taller does not give in a turn and it rolled/flipped the RC. Otherwise I would put them back on but I like to drift my turns on all off-road RCs
1656104748319.png

This is a hard one so keep asking and looking. I use the Proline 2.2/3.0 Beadlock rims with tires BUT with the 2650kv motor and 18T pinion, I had to add glue to the tires. Should not since they are Beadlock but I did to keep them from pulling out the bead. Working fine now....not what I expected to do.

Prior I used Proline MX Badline 2.8" belted tire worked great but in a turn bite too much and it flipped...I like to drift a turn so pulled those off. These came as full tire like most, no Beadlock.

For the grass and hard-packed dirt, I use PL Blockade on the rims above. Work great since I want slip-on high traction surface like grass.

When I need grip and bit, I use the Badland MX which we all know they grip and these are on the same rims mentioned above.

Love both sets for the locations I used them in or the conditions of the area I can pick. Some like the big truggy tires but not a fan of the big tires on this buggy or Typhon....that's me.

It's a lot of reading but I read this whole thread once but was a lot of good info on tires, etc and everything :)

MX Badland for grip on beadlocks
View attachment 225660

Love these on the grass or areas I need grip and slip on beadlocks....wonderful tire! Similar to the Typhon TLR tire
View attachment 225662

Belted ones I pulled off...not heavy worked great no ballooning...since they are belted and taller does not give in a turn and it rolled/flipped the RC. Otherwise I would put them back on but I like to drift my turns on all off-road RCs
View attachment 225663
Thank for all the detailed info!!

I do need to probably go through this whole thread

Back