The unofficial Losi Tenacity DB Pro thread by Alex.M. and slick2500.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job and good looking rig!!! (y)
Thanks ~ they've got lots of designs and cover a variety of different RC's. Was hard choosing the design tbh.

Here's a better pic of my Losi ~ got some decals to add to it for a splash of colour but this is how it looks now.
12.jpg

Thanks ~ they've got lots of designs and cover a variety of different RC's. Was hard choosing the design tbh.

Here's a better pic of my Losi ~ got some decals to add to it for a splash of colour but this is how it looks now.
View attachment 268276

I love painting tires, although we all know it will fade... I do it over and over since mine sit in my office as models. I really like the white or off-white or silver body...!!! Very simple but clean and POPS with that color!

(y)

Yeah, tbh they look like the grip will be unreal! Trying them on loose dirt and short grass 1st see how they run before I make any real impressions.. loving the look though 👌

Yeah, tbh they look like the grip will be unreal! Trying them on loose dirt and short grass 1st see how they run before I make any real impressions.. loving the look though 👌
The look is sweet...

Hoping you come out better seeing mine were belted so you may be a bit softer where belted is stiffer.

Hello

That is just the stock...nothing HD about that one.

I bought this one, but nothing about it says HD being machined seemed stronger than the stock to me... I could be wrong.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J18P6WF/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-lasernut-u4-aluminum-motor-mount-los331012/p845384

This looks to be HD/lightened? The stock mount is soooo heavy, going to do a 1/8 buggy body too, all in the name of weight savings. But does not have the cooling fins that yours had.

All 4 corners are imploding. Blowing out clips, clips going through pistons, pulling through the bottom. Starting to get sick of rebuilding the shocks. Even on indoor carpet it’s a miracle if I can get through a battery without rebuilding a shock. I assume something is faulty, anything I can upgrade or swap to so I can enjoy my DB?

All 4 corners are imploding. Blowing out clips, clips going through pistons, pulling through the bottom. Starting to get sick of rebuilding the shocks. Even on indoor carpet it’s a miracle if I can get through a battery without rebuilding a shock. I assume something is faulty, anything I can upgrade or swap to so I can enjoy my DB?
Hello and Welcome

I own the Losi Tenacity DB Pro as well as the bigger Losi Lasernut U4. They both use the "same" shocks, and I have had no issue bashing the DB Pro or the Lasernut U4. Now I am not sending it to the moon or using it outside its design as if it were a Kraton or Big Rock.

So sorry about your shock issue. Can you give a little detail on how you are using it?

Hello and Welcome

I own the Losi Tenacity DB Pro as well as the bigger Losi Lasernut U4. They both use the "same" shocks, and I have had no issue bashing the DB Pro or the Lasernut U4. Now I am not sending it to the moon or using it outside its design as if it were a Kraton or Big Rock.

So sorry about your shock issue. Can you give a little detail on how you are using it?
Was using it at an indoor carpet track for about 80% of its life. Probably been on carpet 7 different days, on average probably 4 hours a day. Rebuilt all shocks probably 10 times each at least. I’ve been on dirt twice. Snow maybe three times. Just today I went to a local park with a dirt track. No crazy jumps or anything and I had to rebuild the front right shock twice and rear left once. A friend has the TT pro and has no problems.

Was using it at an indoor carpet track for about 80% of its life. Probably been on carpet 7 different days, on average probably 4 hours a day. Rebuilt all shocks probably 10 times each at least. I’ve been on dirt twice. Snow maybe three times. Just today I went to a local park with a dirt track. No crazy jumps or anything and I had to rebuild the front right shock twice and rear left once. A friend has the TT pro and has no problems.
Sorry

It could be a case of bad from the factory you could try a new set from Jenny's RC. I have seen others use different shocks but I have no list or names to provide that is an equal swap or even match to the factory

Sorry

It could be a case of bad from the factory you could try a new set from Jenny's RC. I have seen others use different shocks but I have no list or names to provide that is an equal swap or even match to the factory
I would like to find a replacement that people have had good luck with. My faith/trust in the stock shocks is pretty much non existent at this point. I feel like I have to drive the car with extreme caution off even the lightest jumps or it’ll just lead to rebuild city.

Hi All,

I love my Tenacity DB but I am getting a lot of wear on the rear outdrives. There is a notch forming that is almost as deep as the pin on the dogbone, and I am pretty sure the dogbone will soon get stuck in that notch and then something will break (when the suspension compresses and the dogbone needs to move, but can't).

I will replace the outdrives with Tekno parts, but apart from light weight oil in the center diff, some punch control, and only running on say 2s, is there anything else I can do to prevent these notches from forming?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I love my Tenacity DB but I am getting a lot of wear on the rear outdrives. There is a notch forming that is almost as deep as the pin on the dogbone, and I am pretty sure the dogbone will soon get stuck in that notch and then something will break (when the suspension compresses and the dogbone needs to move, but can't).

I will replace the outdrives with Tekno parts, but apart from light weight oil in the center diff, some punch control, and only running on say 2s, is there anything else I can do to prevent these notches from forming?

Thanks!

If you have skimmed through all the posts here as well as YT, it is a common problem. Once you switch to Tekno driveshaft, which you have to do due to the wider Teckno outdrives, you will NOT have this issue.

I have the DB Pro and run it on 3S, and no more issues in that area Tekno took care of it. I also have the Lasernut U4 that uses the EXACT same parts that run 4S, and I swapped it to Tekno and no issues at all.

Losi made the stock drivetrain parts too damn soft. Tekno will get it right....it costs but needed in the end.

Back