The unofficial Losi Tenacity DB Pro thread by Alex.M. and slick2500.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the closest Arrma comparison would be the Typhon 3S, which I do not own. But for $430 you get a 6 channel AVC receiver and a radio that actually works. You also get a center diff. I think it's an excellent value for what you pay.
The biggest issue for me with the tenacity pro line is the price. The Typhon is the closest competitor Arrma have, but the 3s version which have similar electronics and power is 130$ cheaper!, and the 6s is only 50$ difference. Don't you think the 6s Typhon is a better car to buy?

The biggest issue for me with the tenacity pro line is the price. The Typhon is the closest competitor Arrma have, but the 3s version which have similar electronics and power is 130$ cheaper!, and the 6s is only 50$ difference. Don't you think the 6s Typhon is a better car to buy?
In my opinion, the Db pro is worth the extra over the 3s typhon, the better shocks, chassis, driveline, handling, ect, the centre diff also makes a big difference in handling. The Db pro runs laps around my 3s typhon in terms of handling, the typhon is more durable though. ?‍♂️The 6s typhon is absolute beast, like a T. rex on crack. There’s something about the Db pro which makes it a really nice car to drive. The typhon 6s is wild and a pure bashing animal!?
If you want a complete beast, get a typhon 6s, on a budget, typhon 3s, wanting a nice handling drivers car,
Db pro. This my opinion, but the Db is definitely worth the money??

Alex summed it up nicely. You also have to consider that you simply cannot use the radio that comes with either Typhon so you need to add to the cost to cover either a new receiver if you already have a Spektrum Tx or a while new system. That shrinks the price gap between the Typhon 3S and the DB Pro.

Like I mentioned earlier, I don't own a Typhon 3S but I've driven plenty of the Arrma 3S/4S trucks. The handling on those trucks is pretty bad while the DB Pro is outstanding in comparison.

But the 6s is only 480$, run it on 4s and it'll be pretty similar
$480, plus a radio, metal chassis braces and a 4S battery as opposed to a 2s or 3s battery. The price isn't as close as it appears.

I'm not suggesting that someone should buy the DB Pro over a Typhon 6S. The Typhon is bigger, heavier and more powerful. The DB Pro is smaller, lighter and more nimble. I own both. But I did choose the DB Pro over the Typhon 3S.

I own both n I’d take the losi over a typhon 3s any day.
Yep, losi pro lineup over an arrma 3s any day. Sorry arrma but the 3s line is of a lower quality than most would like to admit?‍♂️, however the arrma 6s line is where it’s at?
$480, plus a radio, metal chassis braces and a 4S battery as opposed to a 2s or 3s battery. The price isn't as close as it appears.

I'm not suggesting that someone should buy the DB Pro over a Typhon 6S. The Typhon is bigger, heavier and more powerful. The DB Pro is smaller, lighter and more nimble. I own both. But I did choose the DB Pro over the Typhon 3S.
Yep, @bicketybam nailed it on the head!

Just made some custom rear mudguards out of some plastic I found, after I cut it out I sanded the surface and then spray painted it black. Sorry no complete photos, the car is stripped down waiting on parts for a rebuild?
72FD3ECC-C5CA-4CC3-816C-4666E1545204.jpeg
F902BA03-B813-411C-AEC4-3DE3142920B7.jpeg

I'm pretty sure you guys can figure out what I'm doin.. :)

View attachment 71326

View attachment 71328

Just kidding!! :LOL: It bolts right up, just have to drill the holes for a larger screw. I bought 2 of the optional heat dissipating mounts to play with. It wont be that motor but close! Should have it done this week.
That’s a lot of sssssssss’s for a lil guy!!!???

OP, I hope you don't mind me posting in this thread, I figure why make a new one.

Got some progress done. If anyone wants to do this I can tell you its not really a direct bolt in. I did dremel material out of the top bolt position on the motor mount for a larger pinion. Judging from the looks of it I should be able to fit a 19 or 20T pinion, those should be here Friday. I also had to raise the motor mount and diff case a few millimeters for the can to clear the chassis. The top cross brace and everything else still lines up perfectly. That MAX 8 looks like it was made for this buggy. I have some aluminum for it on the way so this is just a mock up, the drive shafts are not in these pics.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG

OP, I hope you don't mind me posting in this thread, I figure why make a new one.

Got some progress done. If anyone wants to do this I can tell you its not really a direct bolt in. I did dremel material out of the top bolt position on the motor mount for a larger pinion. Judging from the looks of it I should be able to fit a 19 or 20T pinion, those should be here Friday. I also had to raise the motor mount and diff case a few millimeters for the can to clear the chassis. The top cross brace and everything else still lines up perfectly. That MAX 8 looks like it was made for this buggy. I have some aluminum for it on the way so this is just a mock up, the drive shafts are not in these pics.

View attachment 71522View attachment 71523View attachment 71524View attachment 71525View attachment 71526View attachment 71527
How many amps is a Max8?

View attachment 71522View attachment 71523View attachment 71524View attachment 71525View attachment 71526View attachment 71527
Holy sh!t, that thing must be a rocket ship!
Your diff outdrives are gonna get shredded on this setup?
Look into upgrading the outdrives to hardened ones?

Holy sh!t, that thing must be a rocket ship!
Your diff outdrives are gonna get shredded on this setup?
Look into upgrading the outdrives to hardened ones?
I'm curious to see if the diffs hold. They are small compared to the 6S Arrmas.

I'm curious to see if the diffs hold. They are small compared to the 6S Arrmas.
I think the diffs should hold but the stock outdrives are gonna get shredded, mine were pretty worn out after about 20 packs, I’ve just installed the hardened ones but haven’t got the chance to test them yet, waiting on parts-this damn Coronavirus is making shipping so slow?

Back