This could ruin the hobby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I am not mistaken, the black boxes on cars and commercial planes have the data stored locally. I don't mind if I am (and police with proper warrants) the only person with access to the data.
Both of my cars are Wi-Fi enabled. We actually get automatic firmware and software updates for both vehicles. Would you trust that they are not downloading your “driving habits and service history?” I don’t.
Plus, the dealers have access. Go in for an oil change, and the tech‘s like, “I wonder how fast this mofo been going.”

We have had this in the UK come in 3 or 4 years ago. you do an online test then apply for your flyer id & operator id. your drone has to be labeled with your operator id number & phone number . The flyer id is free & lasts 5 years . The operator id has to be renewed every year at a cost of £10.33
Do you need that flier ID for FPV drones?

I mean, they move fast enough to not trigger some idiot in their bathroom thinking someone is watching them.

Do you need that flier ID for FPV drones?

I mean, they move fast enough to not trigger some idiot in their bathroom thinking someone is watching them.
It's any drone over 250 grams . I'm not sure about FPV as I only own a Mavic mini 2
It's any drone over 250 grams . I'm not sure about FPV as I only own a Mavic mini 2
Edit I got it wrong . You require a flyer/ operator I'd for all drones with a camera. The only ones except are the toy drones. Over 250 grams you have to jump through more hoops

Last edited:
We have had this in the UK come in 3 or 4 years ago. you do an online test then apply for your flyer id & operator id. your drone has to be labeled with your operator id number & phone number . The flyer id is free & lasts 5 years . The operator id has to be renewed every year at a cost of £10.33
At the end all of these are taxes. A form of revenu for the government. They create bs to profit from small communities and hobbyist then they go into election and claim they love the people and minorities

At the end all of these are taxes. A form of revenu for the government. They create bs to profit from small communities and hobbyist then they go into election and claim they love the people and minorities
Tax is theft from the people.all governments are corporations who work to make the ritch ritcher & the working man poorer. Rant over

Both of my cars are Wi-Fi enabled. We actually get automatic firmware and software updates for both vehicles. Would you trust that they are not downloading your “driving habits and service history?” I don’t.
Plus, the dealers have access. Go in for an oil change, and the tech‘s like, “I wonder how fast this mofo been going.”
All of my fam's cars aren't wifi enabled and never go to the dealership.

Yes, drones will have to be registered as well as the operator. And they all already have GPS. Do you think a passing Joe Schmo will be able to track your location so he can hit you with a big stick and steal your $6K drone? Really? No, but LEO’s will be able to if you’re a terrorist trying to deliver ordinance to a target and they’re hip to your plan. I really do get some of the arguments against this, but I also get why it’s for your safety. It ain’t because your drone is going to accidentally take down an aircraft, or land on a third grader and cave in their melon, so let’s just nip that stupid BS in the bud. It’s to be able to track perpetrators using very sophisticated ROV’s for nefarious purposes. What if school shootings became school bombings? What if drones were used to target airports, law enforcement, mosques, synagogues, or churches? Wouldn’t you want identifying information on the delivery vehicle? Of course we all would.
I would encourage people to read the act, and not let jackholes on YT tell others what to think.
https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id
I see your point I don't think someone would come steal your drone but I can see the bonus and neg to surveillance but I firmly believe all these " terrorists risks spying ect are a complex grid of related events perpetrated by those thT wish to take away our right via "public saftey" all this is a huge chess game between us and them oppressed oppressor hard to know where to stand

Nobody wants to do surveillance. That's conspiracy. My new drone is called FISA - 278Ksearch. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 🤪 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
To be fair, you don't own all of the air space above your property, nor do you own all of the ground beneath it. You have rights to fixed volume near ground level. For example, the power company can run power lines over your property or they can run them underneath. That's all regulated and arbitrated by the government. Which makes sense because we all live together and have to get along.

But he has a point.

As he said this is not a hobby/RC/Drone issue. It's 100% intrusive government control issue. The current actions from, both parties, is to control the population. They don't want you to be truly free, and to be fair we all need to do our part, pay our taxes, support the community and follow the rules of society. However, a society that is free to do what they want, say what they want, and THINK what they want is a threat to their jobs, money, power and control of the country. i.e. national security.

This is no different then a license for your pet, unenforceable gun laws, the fact that your IP phone is NOT subject to the same rules a true land line, your internet traffic is constantly scrutinized and all the nannies in the modern cars. It's another hook to
1. Get money.
2. Reinforce governments "value" aka government values.
3. Keep control of you.

What if I build a drone from scratch at home with no remote ID, is that a Ghost Drone? That's sounds very bad. "Ghost Drones and Your Kids, Tonight on Channel 5 news"

Let me take off my tin foil hat and get back to the original topic.

I think a bigger threat to our hobby specifically is the scooters/bikes and cars catching fire while charging.

Unless technology changes it's only a matter of time (at least in the US) before you won't be allowed to charge Lithium batteries at home. You will have to go to an "authorized charging station" with all kinds of safeties, taxes, union employees, insurance, etc. It will probably start in NYC because of population density and how many people are using personal e-transportation there. Then spread to San Francisco, LA, Chicago and other large metros. Then to a town near you!

It's getting to the point I'm seeing about a fire a week in the news.
https://www.voanews.com/a/as-e-bike...es-blamed-on-exploding-batteries/7200967.html

What if I build a charger at home from internet plans. Is that a Ghost Charger?

To be fair, you don't own all of the air space above your property, nor do you own all of the ground beneath it. You have rights to fixed volume near ground level. For example, the power company can run power lines over your property or they can run them underneath. That's all regulated and arbitrated by the government. Which makes sense because we all live together and have to get along.

But he has a point.

As he said this is not a hobby/RC/Drone issue. It's 100% intrusive government control issue. The current actions from, both parties, is to control the population. They don't want you to be truly free, and to be fair we all need to do our part, pay our taxes, support the community and follow the rules of society. However, a society that is free to do what they want, say what they want, and THINK what they want is a threat to their jobs, money, power and control of the country. i.e. national security.

This is no different then a license for your pet, unenforceable gun laws, the fact that your IP phone is NOT subject to the same rules a true land line, your internet traffic is constantly scrutinized and all the nannies in the modern cars. It's another hook to
1. Get money.
3. Keep control of you.

What if I build a drone from scratch at home with no remote ID, is that a Ghost Drone? That's sounds very bad. "Ghost Drones and Your Kids, Tonight on Channel 5 news"

I think a bigger threat to our hobby specifically is the scooters/bikes and cars catching fire while charging.

Unless technology changes it's only a matter of time (at least in the US) before you won't be allowed to charge Lithium batteries at home. You will have to go to an "authorized charging station" with all kinds of safeties, taxes, union employees, insurance, etc. It will probably start in NYC because of population density and how many people are using personal e-transportation there. Then spread to San Francisco, LA, Chicago and other large metros. Then to a town near you!

https://www.voanews.com/a/as-e-bike...es-blamed-on-exploding-batteries/7200967.html

You can build all the drones you want from scratch. The FPV guys do it all the time. If it weighs over 250 grams it's suppose to be registered with the FAA. Wonder how may of those guys actually do that . :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

But he has a point.

1. Get money.
3. Keep control of you.

Just like bho extraction

Yes, drones will have to be registered as well as the operator. And they all already have GPS. Do you think a passing Joe Schmo will be able to track your location so he can hit you with a big stick and steal your $6K drone? Really? No, but LEO’s will be able to if you’re a terrorist trying to deliver ordinance to a target and they’re hip to your plan. I really do get some of the arguments against this, but I also get why it’s for your safety. It ain’t because your drone is going to accidentally take down an aircraft, or land on a third grader and cave in their melon, so let’s just nip that stupid BS in the bud. It’s to be able to track perpetrators using very sophisticated ROV’s for nefarious purposes. What if school shootings became school bombings? What if drones were used to target airports, law enforcement, mosques, synagogues, or churches? Wouldn’t you want identifying information on the delivery vehicle? Of course we all would.
I would encourage people to read the act, and not let jackholes on YT tell others what to think.
https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id
I'm not sure if your being sarcastic?
So in your scenario, the person who wants to drone bomb something is going to Register and get his drone license, buy a drone, buy and install whatever rf broadcast components are required, register his information, and then go through with his planned attack???

Last edited:
So in your scenario, the person who wants to drone bomb something is going to Register and get his drone license, buy a drone, buy and install whatever rf broadcast components are required, register his information, and then go through with his planned attack???

I've not heard of a criminals using drones . . . yet. But I think it's more like you crashed into something and they want to you pay up.

This is a bit like a Ham License. The FCC requires you to pass the test, agree to the rules and limit what freqs you can use. The FCC has the technology to locate the non-license station, but I (personally) have never heard of people getting busted for using the Ham bands without credentials. Because it's very uncommon, way too expensive and time consuming to give a single person an expensive ticket. The ROI for the FCC is negative.

With that said don't be lazy and get your Ham license if you want to use it. It's a legit license and it's governed by community but the overseen by the FCC. Really the FCC only sets the freqs you can use. The use of local frequencies and local repeaters are 100% controlled by the community. It's more likely one of the local operators will track you down than the FCC.

If the drone license is really important (questionable at best), it should follow the same model. The community should have input to rules and regulations, the FAA can enforce it. If they feel so inclined, but it's really up to the community.

However, they the FAA or FCC will track down offenders if it's a problem.

I heard about this a few years ago. If this happens to rc cars, it will ruin the hobby.
I heard remote ID is basically so big tech can control the air space...companies like amazon.

They don't like long range drone's and fixed wing air craft.

Even if they did would you even comply to it?

I have a VERY long range fixed wing rc plane, and say if someone approached me I would say "Sorry amigo never heard of remote id, had this plane for years."

People will be spoofing it to the point they won't bother looking for anyone.

Buy one, attach to your car and drive near an airport. :ROFLMAO::devilish:

The only things I could even damage within visual range of the drone is a tree.

Also, if you did crash your drone into somebody else's property, wouldn't you legally be required to pay if the person presses charges?

The only things I could even damage within visual range of the drone is a tree.

Also, if you did crash your drone into somebody else's property, wouldn't you legally be required to pay if the person presses charges?
Oh for sure, the drone would either brake or just fall to the ground without doing much damage, especially if it only weighs around 250g.

Amazon will be using VTOL drones for deliveries, but i don't see it taking off pardon the pun...but those vtols are big..if they fall to the ground their going to do some damage or even kill someone.

Interesting. May have to pick this up for my DJI's.
Nice👍
Oh for sure, the drone would either brake or just fall to the ground without doing much damage, especially if it only weighs around 250g.

Amazon will be using VTOL drones for deliveries, but i don't see it taking off pardon the pun...but those vtols are big..if they fall to the ground their going to do some damage or even kill someone.
I live by the ocean and we have tons of seagulls constantly picking up clams and fish and dropping them every where lol.they drop big clams on cars and homes and the ground so they can break the shell to eat the clam.ive seen cars with broken front windshields and some have hit people on the head .I'm more worried about these fkers than a Amazon drone falling down lol
@Mr9Mojave your very lucky not to live here buddy🤣 it's crazy , every day we have to keep a eye in the sky looking out for huge heavy clams falling from 50 to 100 ft up .at any moment when you least expect it your head could be cracked wide open ..thanks seagulls 😆
I found a huge stripper bass on the roof of my SUV .last year lol.maybey Amazon dropped it 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Not sarcastic. 😊 Of course your response is true, in the same sense of that old NRA trope, “if guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.”
But yes, I think it’s a totally reasonable measure. Like @Jerold said very well, this is no different from registering your pet, licensing your car, registering a firearm, etc. I’m not arguing any of the points about this being implemented for tax revenue, government control and oversight, by aliens or the Illuminati, Jimmy Hoffa, etc. Y’all can have fun debating those issues.
But to get back to your original retort, I’d say this measure is about the same as locking your screen door. It serves to keep honest people honest. But it won’t prevent the nefarious from doing as they will.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back