Kevin Talbot is.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The OP gives out internet awards for breaking stuff, no?

Unsavory methods? KT is not out here selling drugs to kids, be real.
The awards are satirical and I don't monetize it. The whole thread was designed for people to vent frustrations about the products, and laugh at it instead of cry. I have actually gone out of pocket on more than one occasion to give an actual prize, and it was all just for the fun of being able to come together and laugh at how crazy some of the stuff we do is.

Well, I happen to feel that playing Dr. Destructo on camera shouldn't make one wealthy while another has to live like my dead best friends mother has to. Lost her house to a fire because a greedy company wouldn't fix the utility pole outside. Then her son dies, then her husband of dementia. Now she's alone with an empty fridge because it all goes into paying her slum landlord. Is that fair? That family worked their life to end up like that. Robert Reich has plenty to say what is disgusting about inequality and greed. Wrong is wrong. Do my sisters deserve to not have retirement or healthcare? They work hard and get treated like dirt by ungrateful people. We're getting old with no hope for any security whatsoever. You said Dan, that if I wanted to speak, you'd listen. I take it that was a lie, no? Because here, all I've seen you do is give their opposing opinions thumbs up, and ignoring anything I say.
First of all, I was offering you support in a private DM because I thought you were in a very bad place. And now you call me out in a public forum because I’m ignoring you? Think about that for a minute, dude…. I reached out to you because you sounded like you were about to leap off a bridge, and I cared.
Second, I’m not responding to your stuff because I don’t really agree. Nothing personal, man. I just didn’t care enough about the subject to invest the time illustrating why I don’t agree.
Third, what the hell does Kevin Talbot have to do with your dead best friends mother? You’re looking for “fair?” Never begrudge another man’s paycheck, and never try to find “fair” in the universe. You’ll continue to be disappointed.
I’m withholding several other sentiments right now…

First of all, I was offering you support in a private DM because I thought you were in a very bad place. And now you call me out in a public forum because I’m ignoring you? Think about that for a minute, dude…. I reached out to you because you sounded like you were about to leap off a bridge, and I cared.
Second, I’m not responding to your stuff because I don’t really agree. Nothing personal, man. I just didn’t care enough about the subject to invest the time illustrating why I don’t agree.
Third, what the hell does Kevin Talbot have to do with your dead best friends mother? You’re looking for “fair?” Never begrudge another man’s paycheck, and never try to find “fair” in the universe. You’ll continue to be disappointed.
I’m withholding several other sentiments right now…
Then why did you bother to be in this thread and give their opinions the thumbs up? If you don't care and all.

Then why did you bother to be in this thread and give their opinions the thumbs up? If you don't care and all.
What do you care? Why do you give a flip about my opinion? I was just trying to reach out to another human being that I thought was in distress.
Your ramblings that link some random tuber to the plight of your “dead best friends mother” kind of illustrate where you’re standing in an existential sense, and I really don’t wish to have any part of it.
I was wrong to reach out to you.

You didn't answer my question. As for your question, I cared because I thought more of you than you actually are and is was a little disappointing.

The thread was about KT and what everyone felt about him. I added. You didn't like it, sided with everyone else, and all bets were off on you giving a 💩 after that.

Last edited:
My beliefs are this: life is like a Choose your own adventure book (for those old enough to remember those). Everybody makes decisions that determine where they end up in life. I've made some great decisions, I've made some bad ones. Here's the kicker:

Life is not fair. It never, ever will be. Some will be successful, some won't. Some get a chance, some don't. Some will live happily ever after, some live in misery. It's up to the individual. Your happiness depends on one person. You. If you ride out your existence worrying about your perception of right and wrong versus someone else's, you'll spend your days in misery.

I know all too well about being delt a bad hand. I'm not going to dwell on that. I'm gonna play with my little trucks, and I won't let anyone get me down, or tell me what I can or can't watch on YouTube. You need to realize that the same premise that gives your opinions validity, also gives validity to everyone else's.

I am not having a debate on this. It's honestly not worth my energy, so this will be my last post on this thread. ✌️

Take all your votes away from this stupid thing, I don't want anywhere near the top spot. He deserves it more. Good person

View attachment 360732

Last edited:
You didn't answer my question. As for your question, I cared because I thought more of you than you actually are and is was a little disappointing.

The thread was about KT and what everyone felt about him. I added. You didn't like it, sided with everyone else, and all bets were off on you giving a 💩 after that.
I don't laugh at people. I'm better than that and I'm a much better human being than you.

I’ll not be answering any more of your questions. You need help, my friend.

Kevin Talbot is easily the biggest rc YouTuber on the planet today. So many years of watching this guy "entertain" us with his "durability" tests and outlandish stunts. Can't help to think how many new people in the hobby see his sh!t then go out and destroy their rigs on the first day. What about the poor parents who have to pay to repair or replace all the damage, or the young adults (and older ones too) that spent their last penny buying into the rc hobby, just to find out that they can't do what Kevin Talbot and his buddies do, without having the bank roll to back it up? His latest video has him dropping fork lift forks on a brand new KEXB 6s. WTF! Now he's making millions on raffles as well. Kudos to him for turning a fun hobby into a lucrative business, but shouldn't someone with his reach at least try to tell the viewers that it's dangerous and costly to try to attempt the stunts that he and his gang are doing? I also want to extend the blame to the rc companies who keep sending him products, as it's very beneficial to them in reaching his over 2.7M followers, but knowing that those viewers expectations in the products will never be met. I created a thread about what we break each day a long time ago, and anyone that follows it knows how costly this hobby is. People like Kevin Talbot found a way to make money on it. I commented as such on his latest video. His reply, "Ok mum 😂😂"

**flood gates opening**
Maybe KT needs to put a hilarious disclaimer warning at the beginning of his videos before starting his "shenanigans" :)

I find Kevin entertaining and appreciate seeing what is possible if I didn't care what happened to my trucks, and seeing the primary points of failure when pushed to the extreme.

I can't throw hate at someone who has become successful through hard work. It may look like he just goes out and has fun for money but the effort and hours behind the scenes is much greater than most of us can imagine. And if he has reached a point where he can pay someone to do all his production and just be the face in the video, then good for him.

Dan B. One thing I will say, is I respect Razor RC for not joining in on the disagreement with me by liking (thumbs up) the opposing comments. Especially Diem Turner's. The man (Razor) has class. Far more than you and I combined. I can tell he didn't agree with me, but he didn't put up any laugh emojis or thumbs up with Diem Turner's comments. YOU did. You're not the person you tell yourself you are. I'd say to do some introspection of your own, but I know you're incapable. Same with Diem Turner. I'm bowing out. Enjoy your forum. Heal up. Be well.

See? Kevin is nothing but trouble, look at all the crap he started without even knowing it. :ROFLMAO:

@Notorious J 's thread is about what did you break today, in your every day bashing. not how much damage can you do to a brand new rc for profit and glory.

I have zero respect for KT, at Least @Notorious J has scruples.

He is definitely popular and making lots of money because of it, and I don't fault him for that. Just wondering if there should be an ethical standard in place to make sure that unexpecting buyers aren't burning up money trying to emulate their hero. A simple warning at the start of each video telling people that what you are about to see is not what was intended by the manufacturers of said products. Just imagine what it would be like if everyone took their 1:1 cars out and tried to copy Ken Block. See where I'm going with this.
"What was intended by the manufacturers of said products"?????
Then everyone on this message board is "unethical". Everyone here "upgrades" to use said products as "unintended" by manufacturer!!!! Weather it be bashing or speed runs!! These companies manufacture a car/truck to be used as designed. Not with $1G worth of upgrades.
Even the "expensive" rigs like the Raminator. That truck was built and designed to mimic a real "monster jam" truck, not let's put a $3000 dollar engine in and cry when something breaks!!

"What was intended by the manufacturers of said products"?????
Then everyone on this message board is "unethical". Everyone here "upgrades" to use said products as "unintended" by manufacturer!!!! Weather it be bashing or speed runs!! These companies manufacture a car/truck to be used as designed. Not with $1G worth of upgrades.
Even the "expensive" rigs like the Raminator. That truck was built and designed to mimic a real "monster jam" truck, not let's put a $3000 dollar engine in and cry when something breaks!!
No “ethical standard” should be implemented, or even discussed. The manufacturer (Arrma, since that’s the forum we’re on) has disclaimers printed on their packaging and in the included manuals. What we do after that is up to us, even though we’ve been warned that it may void the warranty. Not sure what “unethical” use you’re referring to, but if that’s something you did then you should probably just keep that to yourself for a number of reasons. And yes, of course we’re going to use “upgrades” (even over $1G) and let the chips fall where they may. I will then use this rig in any manner I choose, including “unintended” uses as defined by the manufacturer. Because I’ll not be asking for a refund when I break things. I’m going to flog the pi$$ out of every rig I buy in every unintended way I can think of after upgrading the living crap out of it. I hadn’t considered “unethical” uses of my rigs before I read your post, but now I’m thinking about ways to do that too…

Back