Time To See What All The Hype Is About

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
After much research here on the forums & YouTube, I decided to get my first crawler. I went with the TRX 4M. Not only is it my first crawler, but it's my first Traxxas rig. We'll see how this goes 😁

20230506_150349.jpg

Congrats! Just make sure you reference the TRX4M trademark properly in your post or you’re gonna get sued!
Lol thanks man. There's something eerily soothing about running this quiet little machine around my living room floor 😊

Would you buy it again after driving it? Saw it, nearly bought it, had no really good excuse to buy it, forgot about it.
And now you come along....

welcome to the trx4m crew!
Thanks 👍
Would you buy it again after driving it? Saw it, nearly bought it, had no really good excuse to buy it, forgot about it.
And now you come along....
It's cool and very different than what I'm used to. All my other rigs are 3S, 6S, & 8S missles, so this is a completely different experience. I really like the scale looks and suspension articulation, and the motor is extremely smooth. I haven't used it for what it's truly meant for yet, just been climbing over my kids toys in the living room. To answer your question, for $149 I would. It's pretty relaxing too. I'm not into crawling enough to spend $300+, but for $149, why not 🤷

Last edited:
Nice! I got an Scx24 last winter and so far I just can’t really get into it, there is some great look trx4ms though that tempt me into buying another.

Hey If Arrma would've had a crawler in their lineup it would've been a no brainer 😂
Nice! I got an Scx24 last winter and so far I just can’t really get into it, there is some great look trx4ms though that tempt me into buying another.
I'd narrowed it down to the TRX & SCX, based on all the information I'd gathered the TRX seemed like the better buy. I'm not so sure I'll ever fully get into it either, but for the entry price point I figured it wouldn't hurt to add some diversity to my fleet. Maybe you can sell the SCX & give the TRX a try.

Last edited:
Never had a crawler either but they catch my attention. My issue is I'd be redoing my whole backyard with rocks, wood and various obstacles. Become an obsession.:rolleyes:

Never had a crawler either but they catch my attention. My issue is I'd be redoing my whole backyard with rocks, wood and various obstacles. Become an obsession.:rolleyes:
I feel myself slowly getting there lol. I just spent an hour looking at parts & pieces to customize and upgrade it.

Are there any forums as active & informative as this one for the Trx4m platform? I checked out the Traxxas forums but it gave me Drab Library vibes ☹️

I would never trust a brand with xx in it's name. I've never been able to spell Traxxas. I don't trust them. I can't get past it and I don't want to and I'm not going to....ever!! Gnight!!

i hang out on traxxas forums alot. im like the only one sadly. there is rc talk forums though....
Yea, I'm starting to see that there aren't many forums out there on the level of this one. Makes me glad I got mostly Arrma rigs lol

Maybe try rccrawler.com
They have a section micro crawlers
Thanks, I'll check out the scene over there.
You should have gone for the SCX6. ;)
Hey man, let me get my toes wet first lol. Thats pretty much the equivalent of a person brand new to bashing buying a Kraton 8S for their first rig 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back