Granite Tire Suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Lost a wheel yesterday and the nut that holds it on is gone. Since I have to make the trip to my LHS, I was wondering what would be a good tire for running in dirt and short grass? I have a feeling the stock tires are going to blow up soon and I want to be ready when they do. Thanks!

-Ed-

Proline Badlands are pretty much the king of bashing tire - great everywhere but on road. Proline Trenchers are also pretty good, and better at roads...

Another tire I have heard is good, (but I have not used) is the Jconcept Chopper, supposed to be a very good basher tires.

I've had good luck with Duratrax tires, and buy them, mounted (one less step in the process!). I am a fan of the Six Pack for general off road, and the Banditos for on road. When my stockers are shot, I will likely go for a set of Six Packs. Already have a set of Banditos for the Granite 4x4, and they work well. With a brushless 3520kv motor they didn't even balloon much, though I was running the stock 14t pinion.

Do I need adapters to run any of these tires (Proline, Duratrax, etc.)?

That is the truggy version of the Badlands. I've tried to put truggy tires on my Granite 4x4, and they don't really work - the tires are too big / will rub the body and chassis when running... If you have a granite 4x4, you will want the 2.8 version, or the 1/8 buggy version.

For adaptors, yes, you will need either some 12mm hexes or 17mm hexes. For 12mm, pick up some of the Traxxas aluminum 12mmhexs for 6mm axles so you can run "normal" 12mm tires.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas-12mm-aluminum-hex-wheel-adapter-blue-4-tra6869/p257214

If you want to run 17mm hex 1/8 wheels, then you need some adaptors for that, here is what I bought -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Adapters...m-Axle-FSEN-/182960432573?hash=item2a994aa5bd

When buying adaptors, the main thing to remember is our truck have 6mm axles.

On the subject of Duratrax tires, I have some 1/8 buggy "six-pack" tires that run great on my Granite. Very close to the diameter of the stock tires, but narrower and lighter. Less 'float' thru grass and rough ground, but they make the truck handle great.

You can get the Duratrax Six-pack premounted for our trucks. No adaptors needed. Wheelies on demand (on 3s), even on road. It is easier to traction roll though and they are wearing a little faster than the stock tires. They've been working well for me and seem to cushion landings better than stock.

I'm running Traxxas 3665X wheels with the Tekno hex adapters.

I decided to go with the Proline Trenchers. I ordered them and the Traxxas 12mm hex adapters today. I also managed to snap a wheel axle when I was tightening the wheel nuts. Fortunately I already had a pair on order for the input shaft mod.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back