Outcast Tired of blowing diffs with the XLX2 and 1100kv!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They use factory sized bolts.
🤔. I wonder if the material is better at holding down the bolts? What set up are you using? Tires, ESC and motor?
Run #5 was done at 100% power and punch control at 100%. I might run my rig today again and then check the diffs (at least the front and rear diffs).

Run #6 : 100% power and punch control at 100%. I ran it twice, so it was like run #7 too. I checked the diffs. The front one was was OK, but the rear one all the bolts were starting to back out and were loose. I'll spray the hole with brake cleaner and the bolts too and will try again.

🤔. I wonder if the material is better at holding down the bolts? What set up are you using? Tires, ESC and motor?
Run #5 was done at 100% power and punch control at 100%. I might run my rig today again and then check the diffs (at least the front and rear diffs).
39/39 Max5/800kv Hobbywing and trenchers. 500k/2plugs+20mil/100k

39/39 Max5/800kv Hobbywing and trenchers. 500k/2plugs+20mil/100k
Yeah I think that the HW system is better suited for those Arrma rigs honestly. Also, for some reason, my X-Maxx with the Max 5 and 1100kv 5687 motor feels so much more responsive than the XLX2 and 1100kv motor on my Arrma rigs. I think it has to do with the extra weight of the Arrma rigs. Or maybe the powerhobby batteries are not good enough for the XLX2. But the Xmaxx uses the same batteries no problem. How long have you been running your rig?

A while. I use the PH batteries too, they seem fine. The 56113 motor is a lot more motor then the 5687.

3.jpg

A while. I use the PH batteries too, they seem fine. The 56113 motor is a lot more motor then the 5687.
When I run the PW batteries on the XLX2, it seems to hesitate, but I just remember that the wires on the motor have to be resoldered. That's probably my problem. I'll have my friend do it for me because my soldering iron is way too weak for that. I did try out the Max 5 with the 1100kv big motor from Castle, with 35/47 gearing (or 30/39 gearing), but the Max 5 hit thermal within 5 minutes. The XLX2 has never hit thermal with the same gearing, but the bullets came unsoldered from the board after a few months, so that's why I run 30/47 gearing now. I just wanted to throw that out there

No. I think that I'm going to go with brake cleaner again. I've also tried that too. But I have to keep trying. I'm also going to reduce the power and punch on the XLX2. That should help. TBH, I don't need 12HP. What I need is long term durability and reliability.

Well I have a whole bunch of them just laying around. And I can't buy anything right now since I don't have money. So I have to roll with what I got. Last time I only replaced it the sun gear on one of my Arrma diffs with the same issue and It was OK. How long have you been driving your rig?
Source some titanium screws? If you have to stay with what you have that might make a diff. See what I did there?

Source some titanium screws? If you have to stay with what you have that might make a diff. See what I did there?
I'll see. Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't think about that right there.

Honestly I wouldn’t expect much for $5… 🤷‍♂️

These big fat motors put out an immense amount of torque.
Crazy thing is I run these motors in my 6s Arrma and have zero problems 🤣

56/113’s 😮
56102 or 5692 typically but I did toss that castle 2028 in my stretched typhon for some fun :ROFLMAO: My Talion XL has a 5692 for example and thats the same size motor in my outcast 8s.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255148766217

Hmm I wonder how these perform. Has the keyed design.

Thanks for sharing the link and info on the HR case, I prefer the designs that only open on one side.
They look like the GPM ones. I had the same issue. Bolts backing out. And the bolts are even smaller and shorter than the stock Arrma ones.

Yeah I think that the HW system is better suited for those Arrma rigs honestly. Also, for some reason, my X-Maxx with the Max 5 and 1100kv 5687 motor feels so much more responsive than the XLX2 and 1100kv motor on my Arrma rigs. I think it has to do with the extra weight of the Arrma rigs. Or maybe the powerhobby batteries are not good enough for the XLX2. But the Xmaxx uses the same batteries no problem. How long have you been running your rig?
It's the weight.
Almost 10 pounds heavier than the X Max.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back