To Arrma or Not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedeval03

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I was wanting Traxxas Revo 2.0 and seems like more of the same with it so I started looking at the 2018 Kraton and Typhon. More I look into Arrma I notice where it was bought out, and people have been having issues getting stock parts after the buy out. Should I hold off on purchasing until this is resolved, or what is the real scoop? I am a disabled vet and can't afford to throw money at something that the support might take a dive on.

Also, what are the biggest differences between the Kraton and Talion? As I stated, I was looking at the Revo 2.0 and wanting something along those lines

Thank you for any help
David

I don't own either but from what I read, the Talion is more of a racer. Made for speed. The Kraton is fast as well, don't get me wrong, but the Kraton can take a bad beating. The Kraton is good for jumping and back flips.

I don't own either but from what I read, the Talion is more of a racer. Made for speed. The Kraton is fast as well, don't get me wrong, but the Kraton can take a bad beating. The Kraton is good for jumping and back flips.
Thank you for responding @Paultro84 What about my concerns about what I am reading of people not being able to get parts?

Thank you for responding @Paultro84 What about my concerns about what I am reading of people not being able to get parts?

To be honest I'm not to sure. I haven't been having good luck with the durability of my Outcast so I stopped using it. I do know that parts are now becoming available but there's so many people wanting them that they're still a little hard to find. I've sold some of my spare parts to people on here to help them out so that's always an option when looking for stuff.

What about my concerns about what I am reading of people not being able to get parts?
Parts have been an issue due to the recent Horizon buying a lot of Hobbico (who owned Arrma). In the last several weeks or month though parts availability have been making a strong come back and only appears to be getting better and better. As the transition between Hobbico to Horizon continues I only see parts availability further improving.

I for one would have no worries about buying an Arrma right now.

Parts avalibility for Arrma will never be as good as Traxxas - that really is the best selling point for Traxxas. But Traxxas cars won't be as durable as Arrma, so pick you poison.

And yeah, parts support really sucked for most of the first half of this year, with the Hobbico crash and Hobbico buyout. Parts and cars are showing up again, though. My LHS that is my 'regular' stop for Arrma stuff recently got restocked - cars and parts, and another LHS just started stocking Arrma that did not carry them before, so for me it seems like it is getting much better. :D

Parts have been an issue due to the recent Horizon buying a lot of Hobbico (who owned Arrma). In the last several weeks or month though parts availability have been making a strong come back and only appears to be getting better and better. As the transition between Hobbico to Horizon continues I only see parts availability further improving.

Thanks Michael!! Btw. I sent you a message on your Arrma Facebook messenger, David Shelton, I would like to meet up with you and check out some Arrma stuff before I throw down the cash if you would. I couldn’t figure out how to send a pmessage on here. I’m just south of you in Danville. Do you know if HobbyTown will go back to stocking any parts for us? I talked to Mike about parts etc, he said when they sold the last big one they had they haven’t gotten any more.

Thanks folks!!! I do not know anyone that is into the rc’s Besides a young kid that scales. I tried doing scale with my summit and his Trx-4, I was bored outta my mind. Is there anyone else in the Danville/Lexington area that plays??

I sent you a message on your Arrma Facebook messenger
Thanks for the heads up as I almost never use facebook.

There are two places in Lexington that I know of that carry Arrma gear and that would be Hobby Town and coyotehobbies.com off of Winchester road.

That said I don't work for either of them, nor do I know what their plans are. But like I said, a big reason for the parts issue here recently was due to Hobbico buyout by Horizon. From my understanding Hobbico was in a hole and was unable to pay to have the parts made, Horizon bought them up and then paid the debts and got parts production back in gear. Over the last several weeks it's been very obvious that parts are making a strong come back.

Take for example the Arrma Kraton, it would sell out in a matter of hours after being posted on Tower Hobbies, but now it's been listed as "In stock" now for the last week or two.

There may still be issues here and there, but I have no doubts they will continue to improve. In addition Arrma owners also have other options such as @Voltage Hobbies, @gregmbrandt (GKA), @T-Bone Racing, RPM RC Products, and many other manufactures that also make amazing hop-up products for Arrma RC's.

That's right and as long as Arrma continues to make cars, we'll continue to make parts for them!

I have been a TBR supporter for quite awhile now. You guys make a helluva product!!! I run a full TBR set up on my Summit when you first came out with it. When I run across new models that I am interested in, I head over to see what you folks offer for it first before going anywhere else

I was wanting Traxxas Revo 2.0 and seems like more of the same with it so I started looking at the 2018 Kraton and Typhon. More I look into Arrma I notice where it was bought out, and people have been having issues getting stock parts after the buy out. Should I hold off on purchasing until this is resolved, or what is the real scoop? I am a disabled vet and can't afford to throw money at something that the support might take a dive on.

Also, what are the biggest differences between the Kraton and Talion? As I stated, I was looking at the Revo 2.0 and wanting something along those lines

Thank you for any help
David

Ok I don’t wanna be biased. I hate fanboys. I’ve owned many Traxxas vehicles over the years. All nitro. 4tec, revo, slayer. They were reasonably well built. I firmly believe Arrma are built much tougher. I’ve yet to break anything I couldn’t find. Sometimes you have to use eBay or the chop shops (jennysrc). I got my 1st Arrma (outcast) in April. Now I have Outcast, Senton, Kraton x2.

I only run on 6s. I beat the hell out of all of them. I shim all of my diffs, thicken up the oil and put all the recommended upgrades on all of them. I will not lie, I’ve broken plenty of parts. But lemme tell you these trucks are durable like nothing rc I’ve ever known. I mean the parts I’ve broke are simple things. Body mounts, braces, a diff cup (hit a fence) etc.

I can’t comment on Revo 2.0 cause I don’t own one but anytime I see this discussion come up someone who has one chimes in that owns one and supports Arrma.

Far as Kraton vs Talion. I have a Kraton built up with big motor. My neighbor has a talion. Both get bashed pretty good. My neighbor and friend @Spar69! beats the absolute hell outta his talion. I’ve driven both. I’d say they’re quite similar. The talion is much lower and leaner. Feels much more stable at high speeds. Jumps a good bit more level. Flies nicer too. Not a ton of difference to me. I think the Kraton maybe a touch tougher and the talion a touch faster given that’s their intended pedigree. Neither is bad at anything to me though. I think anyone would love either truck.

Well put @RxMonkey, I've also owned many Traxxas over the years and loved them BUT...... Since being introduced to ARRMA I'm stuck...FOR LIFE!!!! I first bought a Talion V3 and fell in love from day one.....And as @RxMonkey stated, I absolutely BEAT THE HELL outta my Talion and it just won't quit.....Skimming across ponds (tried to drown it a few times) multiple BIG AIR jumps with ALOT of bad landings some from about 25 feet in the air and all I've broken is body mounts and wheelie bars.......I now have an Outcast too and it is simply badass!!! I have literally tried to kill my Talion and it just won't quit........If you want speed and stability go Talion, hardcore basher go Kraton or Outcast (Outcast is just a bit shorter and wheelies for days) But as I said ALL ARRMA models do nothing but impress! Also I put a set of Backflips on my Talion and it pretty much is a Kraton now just a BIT more narrow it will do standing backflips stock on 6S and it is a LiTTLE lighter in the front than the Kraton

Last edited:
I was smart, like a few others and saw the parts issues coming, so I ordered a bunch of spare parts before they all went out of stock.

I gave a few guys on Facebook some parts, gave one dude a bulkhead and gave another guy some diff outdrives.

<<<<<<<<<<<<< When did I get an Excellence Award?

Looks like the parts are back in town for awhile !!!!!! SWEET!!!

Ok I don’t wanna be biased. I hate fanboys. I’ve owned many Traxxas vehicles over the years. All nitro. 4tec, revo, slayer. They were reasonably well built. I firmly believe Arrma are built much tougher. I’ve yet to break anything I couldn’t find. Sometimes you have to use eBay or the chop shops (jennysrc). I got my 1st Arrma (outcast) in April. Now I have Outcast, Senton, Kraton x2.

I only run on 6s. I beat the hell out of all of them. I shim all of my diffs, thicken up the oil and put all the recommended upgrades on all of them. I will not lie, I’ve broken plenty of parts. But lemme tell you these trucks are durable like nothing rc I’ve ever known. I mean the parts I’ve broke are simple things. Body mounts, braces, a diff cup (hit a fence) etc.

I can’t comment on Revo 2.0 cause I don’t own one but anytime I see this discussion come up someone who has one chimes in that owns one and supports Arrma.

Far as Kraton vs Talion. I have a Kraton built up with big motor. My neighbor has a talion. Both get bashed pretty good. My neighbor and friend @Spar69! beats the absolute hell outta his talion. I’ve driven both. I’d say they’re quite similar. The talion is much lower and leaner. Feels much more stable at high speeds. Jumps a good bit more level. Flies nicer too. Not a ton of difference to me. I think the Kraton maybe a touch tougher and the talion a touch faster given that’s their intended pedigree. Neither is bad at anything to me though. I think anyone would love either truck.
words I was looking for, thanks. Fanboy, I won't anyone else know about your secret lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back