Why does Arrma not want to smash the Traxxas 100mph XO-1 RTR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have the chassis and motor to make it happen, but no one wants to step up and take the title as the world’s fastest RTR away from Traxxas.

Because they probably don't care? No one really buys the X0-1 anyway. I can count on one hand how many people I know with an X0-1. I lost count of how many people I know have one of the Arrma offroad cars.

But it wouldn't it be worth it - just to wipe the smile from their smug faces.....😝🤣

That's like a professional MMA boxer laughing at an karate brown belt...

No need for that.

There's So many YT videos showcasing what Arrmas can do, it's self evident.

Because they don’t want to spend boatloads of cash in litigation using the phrase, regardless of if it’s true or not.

5EB530C9-58D1-478F-BDB7-FB7E90F4E66A.jpeg

They have the chassis and motor to make it happen, but no one wants to step up and take the title as the world’s fastest RTR away from Traxxas.
XO-1 does not do 100 out the box . This is well known also. It needs to be upgraded. The potential 100mph is there. Yet it's a bear to drive it at that. TRX needs to update that old platform much better, if they even care to.
TBH, the Lim/ Infr. platform can break 3 digits in stock form, stock electrics, if you tweak it just right. Arrma stays in their lane. They have nothing to prove when it comes to speed running. They already dominate , lets face it. Walk into any LHS and ask for the fastest Model, any legit shop "in the Know", will sell you the Arrma not a TRX. Unless it is a TRX only LHS. And I've seen many LHS's that are.
My Infr. will do consistent 98MPH passes in "complete" stock trim with the included speed gear. And considering the Infraction's crappy body aero, that is quite good.

Last edited:
There is a reason you don't see anyone really using that car on youtube. The few times I've seen people speedrun with it the car loses control almost every time, either gets airborne or spins out literally almost every time without modifications. Limitless poops all over the XO and it's not even close. Anyone who wants to go 100 mph should know how to install a motor and an esc. It doesn't take rocket science.

There is a reason you don't see anyone really using that car on youtube. The few times I've seen people speedrun with it the car loses control almost every time, either gets airborne or spins out literally almost every time without modifications. Limitless poops all over the XO and it's not even close.

Anyone who wants to go 100 mph should know how to install a motor and an esc. It doesn't take rocket science.

yes..
But it does take some mechanical aptitude and aerodynamics understanding.

Not just charge up a big Lipo, install big pinion, pull & hold the trigger.. 😉

yes..

thats pretty much all it takes to go 100 mph tbh man. I have no idea what I'm doing and I've hit up to 113 mph by just putting on a big pinion and going to a road that wasn't even smooth :ROFLMAO:

Arrma has already defeated the XO-1 in sales and popularity among speed runners. All Traxxas has is a registered phrase and poor sales to show for their "fastest" claim.

The XO-1 has been around for a long time and has lots of issues out of the box that make it a poor speed runner and Traxxas hasn't ever bothered to improve those issues. The Limitless comes as a roller but it is very easy to turn into a solid speed runner for those willing to learn a few things.

There is a reason you don't see anyone really using that car on youtube. The few times I've seen people speedrun with it the car loses control almost every time, either gets airborne or spins out literally almost every time without modifications. Limitless poops all over the XO and it's not even close. Anyone who wants to go 100 mph should know how to install a motor and an esc. It doesn't take rocket science.
+1.
Dam thing is so hard to control. What few vids I did see, the XO-1 drives like crap out the box. Flys like a Frisbee.(n) And breaks easily , a quick fail and go home.:LOL:

Traxxas would take them to court! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
"Fastest name in radio control"
"THE WORLD’S FASTEST READY-TO-RACE"
Are trademarks/copywrite by Traxxas so anything Arrma would do would be too close in their opinion.

I never realized it before, but now that you guys mention it, 80-90% of the speed run vids I've ran accross on YT are of an Arrma platform. I may have seen 1 or 2 with the XO-1.
Yup either Arrma or hobao platforms 💪 what is a Traxxas ass again🤣🤣

Traxxas would take them to court! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
"Fastest name in radio control"
"THE WORLD’S FASTEST READY-TO-RACE"
Are trademarks/copywrite by Traxxas so anything Arrma would do would be too close in their opinion.

Here you go >>

Arrma // R.T.R.

Race-Track-Ready™

Boom!!
💥💥👊

I do like the XO-1 body cover .I can't deny that it's a good looking cover .but that's about I like about that car.
+1.
Dam thing is so hard to control. What few vids I did see, the XO-1 drives like crap out the box. Flys like a Frisbee.(n) And breaks easily , a quick fail and go home.:LOL:
So basically a nice shelf queen🤷.it's all its worth hahah

yes..

The problem with the words RTR and speed next to each other is someone that does not have knowledge or skill and just money is going to buy it and crash it into someone or something and it doesn't end well.
I think starting with something that dose 50 or 60 and working up is the best way to go.
Most of my speed cars I tune starting from 30 or 40mph. I was just out with a 1/10 road car and was happy to see 29mph because of the way I had it set up and how it was driving. I crashed at 15mph fixed the problem in 10s and then did 50mph if I would have been going 50 when I crashed it would have been the end for that car for weeks.
Here you go >>

Arrma // R.T.R.

Race-Track-Ready™

Boom!!
💥💥👊
Or Arrma can do knockoff braiding and say
"Speed into the lead with Arrma RTR"
"Fastest Arrma RTR"

I do like the XO-1 body cover .I can't deny that it's a good looking cover .but that's about I like about that car.

So basically a nice shelf queen🤷.it's all its worth hahah
And I bet that is the only reason most buy the XO-1. The body.
And honestly, looks like crap to me anyway.
Looks like it was sculpted from a bar of Dove Soap. Anyone can do that and do fancy colors, and stickers.;) That's just marketing. That aero bottom is all wrong. IMO. Poor negative ground force pressure. And that cool air intake on the chassis is also a fail IMO as well. That whole chassis is Form NOT function. It's all gimmicky. The whole design. It's very dated and old by now. A diehard TRX fanboy would only love that.

Last edited:

Like this lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back