TP5660 in a short wheelbase chassis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
So I've wanted a TP Power motor for a while now and i was wondering if it's possible to fit a TP5660 into a short wheelbase chassis like the same length and motor placement as an Outcast 6s?
I know a few of you guys are experienced with TP motors and thought someone might have tried this or have some input for me.
I think i read somewhere that someone said the largest can length you can fit in the outcast without some alteration is 87mm, the 5660 comes in at 92mm i believe. Could you get away with the extra 5mm with a little modification, is so what would be required to make it fit?
Or is the information i'm spouting out above just plain wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Length should not be a problem. I have a TP 4060 in my outcast and it's the same length as the 5660. I think it touches the side guard but it fits with zero modification. Nothing longer than that is fitting though lol.

I run a 4092 in my Notorious, there's a couple mm left on length. You won't be able to get a 56mm diameter motor in without cutting the floor of the chassis or going with a different motor mount assembly.

It'll fit..can fit tp5670 56×102mm in swb with motor mount flipped

20230531_185702.jpg

Here's 5660 in senton

Will the new Hobbywing Max5 250a HV g2 be a good match to a 5660 5D 1636kv ran on 6s
If you put it in the cab of the outcast or larger truck body.

Max 6 is the biggest that will set between the servo frame and motor/center diff assembly on a SWB chassis. You're trying to throw a Big Block/Powerglide combo in a pinto here, customization is required but someone has probably done it.

Probly not..never used max5 g2 but I imagine it wouldn't have enough amps output if speedrunning..lower kv would be ideal for max5

This wont be speedrunning, its just an incredibly heavy basher, weighing in at over 10kg+ so over 22lbs+ the original blx185 esc and motor could do with an upgrade. (plus sometimes you just want to).

If you put it in the cab of the outcast or larger truck body.

Max 6 is the biggest that will set between the servo frame and motor/center diff assembly on a SWB chassis. You're trying to throw a Big Block/Powerglide combo in a pinto here, customization is required but someone has probably done it.

Its only got the length restriction of the outcast on the motor mounting issue, i have no problems fitting a max5 space wise, i'm just worried about whether the max5 can handle it the Amps the motor will draw.

Thank you everyone, that is just what i wanted to hear :giggle:

I plan on running the Scorched RC Roto-lock motor mount to make sure the 56 can diammeter fits (y)
I dunno if that motor mount would be the best way to go for your application. There was another guy here not to long ago who ran into a problem using that mount with his limitless v2. The clearance was really tight for the motor already and the mount apparently pushes the motor back a mm or two compared to other mounts. It made his motor not fit. That could easily happen to you in this situation so I'd at least be aware of the problem because it's definitely a possibility! You could always just snip a piece of the side guard off the end and call it a day though :cool:(y)

I also agree with @K-BASH. I currently run a TP 5660 1460kv with a max 5 g1 in an xmaxx and it's great. I also run a tp 5660 1356kv in my traxxas XRT with a max 5 g1 and it's also great. You should pick the 1460kv and if you need to gear higher just go to the 46th center diff gear or vitavon 44t exb center diff gear if you have an exb diff.

As and when I blow them up,I will replace them with exb's, thanks for the advise.

Does it matter between y and d wind, should I lean towards one over the other in a basher

As and when I blow them up,I will replace them with exb's, thanks for the advise.

Does it matter between y and d wind, should I lean towards one over the other in a basher
I prefer y....1170kv an 1460kv are y
Oid get the 1170kv..could run it on 4s like this...then 6s like so..the big cans have so much torque that 4s can be a blast too.fast as Fu** on 4s geared correctly..1460 wouldn't do as good on 4s as 1170kv.would get hotter an work esc more

Screenshot_20230724_143849.jpg

Screenshot_20230724_143925.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back