Traxxas Sledge 1/8th scale monster truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And after the first what 10 pages we could all agree that the Sledge sucks, is overpriced and Traxxas diehard fans are complete morons, and yet here we are still beating on this dead horse and ignoring the problems that our own cars face. This is what irks me about this entire thread. Not that the Sledge is a giant turd, but the fact that no one seems to see the irony in their complaining about it being a turd when Arrma isn't any better and is going down the same path that Traxxas is on.
I can agree that Arrma has been going down in quality from what I've seen the last couple years(thanks HH).
I don't think the sludge is a horrible rig, just horribly overpriced and overhyped.

I’m still looking for updates on why and if the sludge will ever do 70mph like they claim.
No one has to worry about that with Arrma because it actually does what they say.

What are your thoughts on the Banggood specials not a single one of them can hit the speed listed on the box either.
Or lipo batteries? Not a single lipo battery on the planet can actually run at the listed C rate on the pack.

Never heard of them.

Sister company to Traxxas perhaps? I honestly don’t know the first thing about them but it sounds like they share the same business model

Never heard of them.

Sister company to Traxxas perhaps? I honestly don’t know the first thing about them but it sounds like they share the same business model

Just a bunch of random Chinese companies that make cheap throw away rc cars(ie you break something it is cheaper to buy a new one than it is to repair it kind of like a Geo Metro or Hyundai Accent). Most of them run brushed motors and little 2s lipos and claim 40mph+ on the box, most of them hit around 20-25mph if they are lucky.

Like this one for example, claims 50kph on the box which is about 31mph, it tops out at 24mph. https://usa.banggood.com/Wltoys-144..._warehouse=CN&ID=531930&rmmds=CategoryToysPri

Last edited:
No one has to worry about that with Arrma because it actually does what they say.
EXB... Need I say more? :ROFLMAO: EXB is a bigger joke than the whole Jokes Jokes Jokes thread sorry @Be Ready.
They are certainly more problematic and super expensive to upgrade over their 6s line indeed. About $3k in each of my 8s Arrmas to make them decent 😱😂
I spent under $1000 for my dbxle 2.0

EXB... Need I say more? :ROFLMAO: EXB is a bigger joke than the whole Jokes Jokes Jokes thread sorry @Be Ready.

I spent under $1000 for my dbxle 2.0
Yup an Extreme Bash car that cannot hold up to Moderate Bashing. I already had to replace my "7075" chassis and "7075" ackerman plate. I can see the rear "7075" tower not holding up either.

Last edited:
And after the first what 10 pages we could all agree that the Sledge sucks, is overpriced and Traxxas diehard fans are complete morons, and yet here we are still beating on this dead horse and ignoring the problems that our own cars face. This is what irks me about this entire thread. Not that the Sledge is a giant turd, but the fact that no one seems to see the irony in their complaining about it being a turd when Arrma isn't any better and is going down the same path that Traxxas is on.
I dunno bro, Arrma seems a LITTLE better to me lol. I almost look at it as Apple vs Google or Iphone vs Android. Traxxas is definitely a walled garden, I don't even think you can put a tp 4050 in a sledge. They make everything difficult or proprietary and that fact alone makes me never want to own one. I have no opinion when it comes to quality vs quality because I've never owned a traxxas to compare.

I've also never had to replace a chassis or any exb parts on my exb rigs so far except for some A arms. I've also never had problems with diffs (knock on wood) Arrma has been pretty damn durable for me so far, maybe I'm just lucky and or a lightweight basher I dunno. I do break a lot of a arms :ROFLMAO:. Hell, I've not even had to really replace anything on my exb k8s either except 1 bent front dog bone and an a arm. I do think I bash my k8s pretty lightly though.

Last edited:
I dunno bro, Arrma seems a LITTLE better to me lol. I almost look at it as Apple vs Google or Iphone vs Android. Traxxas is definitely a walled garden, I don't even think you can put a tp 4050 in a sledge. They make everything difficult or proprietary and that fact alone makes me never want to own one. I have no opinion when it comes to quality vs quality because I've never owned a traxxas to compare.

I've also never had to replace a chassis or any exb parts on my exb rigs so far except for some A arms. I've also never had problems with diffs (knock on wood) Arrma has been pretty damn durable for me so far, maybe I'm just lucky and or a lightweight basher I dunno. I do break a lot of a arms :ROFLMAO:. Hell, I've not even had to really replace anything on my exb k8s either except 1 bent front dog bone and an a arm. I do think I bash my k8s pretty lightly though.

From my personal experience the only way Arrma is better than Traxxas is the upfront cost. You will need to upgrade no matter what car you go with.

My Outcast at this point isn't even Arrma anymore its mostly aftermarket parts.

I have both an Arrma 3s and a Traxxas 3s I like to drive the Traxxas more as it doesn't break as easily. Neither vehicle is stock for what it's worth as both require a bit of work to make them durable bashers.

I was highly disappointed with the stock chassis on my K6EXB I never even crashed the car the body isn't even scratched and yet the chassis bent and twisted way too easily. Not even sure how the Ackerman bent.

Last edited:
From my personal experience the only way Arrma is better than Traxxas is the upfront cost. You will need to upgrade no matter what car you go with.

My Outcast at this point isn't even Arrma anymore its mostly aftermarket parts.

I have both an Arrma 3s and a Traxxas 3s I like to drive the Traxxas more as it doesn't break as easily. Neither vehicle is stock for what it's worth as both require a bit of work to make them durable bashers.

I was highly disappointed with the stock chassis on my K6EXB I never even crashed the car the body isn't even scratched and yet the chassis bent and twisted way too easily. Not even sure how the Ackerman bent.
Sorry to hear the issues you've had with the exb, I haven't had a single part failure yet that I can say wasn't my fault from my Arrmas.
I do have a hoss that I took off my brothers hands for $200. It has gone through bulkheads, arms and driveshafts,but it is a blast to bash.
Oh, and the typical self ungluing tires!!🤣🤣🍻

Sorry to hear the issues you've had with the exb, I haven't had a single part failure yet that I can say wasn't my fault from my Arrmas.
I do have a hoss that I took off my brothers hands for $200. It has gone through bulkheads, arms and driveshafts,but it is a blast to bash.
Oh, and the typical self ungluing tires!!🤣🤣🍻

I'm not the only one who has bent the EXB parts rather easily it is a common occurrence. Hell someone even made a thread about whether or not the EXB parts are actually even 7075.

Could be worse they could just rip apart like the Arrma 3s tires do. At least you can reglue a tire if it comes unglued, not much you can do if it rips apart. And now that I think about it my Backflips ripped apart within the first week of owning my Outcast.

How are you breaking bulkheads? The only things I break on my Slashpede are a arms and it isn't even really a break they just split at the hinge pins. But I just recently started running Rpm a arms on it as even the HD Traxxas arms would split at the hinge pins.

And while we are on the topic of the Sledge has anyone seen the VXL6s go up in flames like the Spektrum 150a does?

And on an unrelated note, am I the only one who wishes Arrma had a decent 2wd platform? I have a 2wd Stampede and an Ecx Ruckus a real 2wd Granite would be awesome the Voltage doesn't even count as an Arrma in my book, it's like the Geo Metro in Arrmas lineup.

Last edited:
LOL... So 32 pages later we're all still bitching and moaning about a car that doesn't even deserve to be mentioned on this forum :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have a question... this isn't a who is better rant, just curious..

Would Arrma be where they are if it wasn't for all the companies like M2C making the cars tough enough to do what they claim to do out of the box.!!

I'm not a fanboy as I have other brands of toys in my collection and you've all seen my Arrma's, but I believe Arrma is going downhill fast..

P.S. I won't be buying a sludge..!!

LOL... So 32 pages later we're all still bitching and moaning about a car that doesn't even deserve to be mentioned on this forum :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Would Arrma be where they are if it wasn't for all the companies like M2C making the cars tough enough to do what they claim to do out of the box.!!

I'm not a fanboy as I have other brands of toys in my collection and you've all seen my Arrma's, but I believe Arrma is going downhill fast..

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

nd on an unrelated note, am I the only one who wishes Arrma had a decent 2wd platform? I have a 2wd Stampede and an Ecx Ruckus a real 2wd Granite would be awesome the Voltage doesn't even count as an Arrma in my book, it's like the Geo Metro in Arrmas lineup.
I really like my little brother's granite voltage. It could be upgraded to brushless for not too much money.

I'm not the only one who has bent the EXB parts rather easily it is a common occurrence. Hell someone even made a thread about whether or not the EXB parts are actually even 7075.

Could be worse they could just rip apart like the Arrma 3s tires do. At least you can reglue a tire if it comes unglued, not much you can do if it rips apart. And now that I think about it my Backflips ripped apart within the first week of owning my Outcast.

How are you breaking bulkheads? The only things I break on my Slashpede are a arms and it isn't even really a break they just split at the hinge pins. But I just recently started running Rpm a arms on it as even the HD Traxxas arms would split at the hinge pins.

And while we are on the topic of the Sledge has anyone seen the VXL6s go up in flames like the Spektrum 150a does?

And on an unrelated note, am I the only one who wishes Arrma had a decent 2wd platform? I have a 2wd Stampede and an Ecx Ruckus a real 2wd Granite would be awesome the Voltage doesn't even count as an Arrma in my book, it's like the Geo Metro in Arrmas lineup.
I can agree that regluing beats replacing tires, but haven't had to reglue a dboot yet? As to the the TRX bulkheads and arms, they don't break on me, it's that after 6-10 battery packs they're so sloppy the rig won't track straight or hold a line for💩
I personally don't have any issues with TRX power systems,they've been solid for me. I do however think their servos are 💩, but that applies to pretty much any rtr servo(except RC rebranded DS). Funny I haven't had a ds servo fail yet.. TRX, TC and Spektrum servos have all been trash. I've bought em all from JRC and elsewhere. They're just junk.
TBH, 1/10 isn't my flavor, they are generally just too small and light to handle the places I run my rigs, but I've definitely been turned off to Arrma 3s rigs by the horror stories I've read here. Although watching Thunder RC YT video of the vorteks, I have to admit it looked good. Took a beating(for at least 1 video)..
Bottom line is buy what you like,no matter to me.
I choose Arrma over TRX because I'm a value driven buyer. I agree that Arrma has lost value in recent years, but still represents more value than TRX IMO.

With all due respect, I don't think Arrma would be any less popular without M2C and others, I have never even seen an M2C part in person. I don't need M2C parts.
Then again, I don't bash like Duperbash, RCDUDE, or Talbot. I know better, these things weren't made for it, if one wants to do those types of things, they'll be needing the aftermarket parts no matter what brand they buy..just like Tomley RC said in a video posted earlier in this thread?🤔🍻

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on the Banggood specials not a single one of them can hit the speed listed on the box either.
Or lipo batteries? Not a single lipo battery on the planet can actually run at the listed C rate on the pack.
As to the chinese crap rc's on banggood,amazon,Ali Express, it should be a given that they're under performing junk considering the source? Typical ccp propaganda.. the batteries, well that is a disappointment I agree but do WE really want to pay extra for the manufacturers to undergo standardized testing to get "real" C ratings?
"We" collectively know they are bogus, I'm not interested in paying more for the same product myself. That's how it would go if the manufacturers had to submit products for standard testing, we, the end users end up footing the bill through higher prices.

Hear,hear!!🍻

Last edited:
Yup an Extreme Bash car that cannot hold up to Moderate Bashing. I already had to replace my "7075" chassis and "7075" ackerman plate. I can see the rear "7075" tower not holding up either.
Called it.

20220507_122922.jpg

Dang Traxxas and their monkey metal!

I notice your t2t brace, wing mount and a tower brace all that don’t look factory Arrma. What is the need for such fancy pieces when these Arrmas are built so tough?

Dang Traxxas and their monkey metal!
I was surprised the a arm didn't break as I landed sideways on the wheel.

Welp gonna tear it down and see what all I need, so far I have everything except for a rear shock tower.

Back