Senton Tried out some new tires on the Senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilinbri

RC is a hobby. Arrma is a lifestyle.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Vorteks
  7. Infraction 4x4
I was able to get some track time in yesterday. Asked the kids if they wanted me to set up the badminton net to play.....they said no....so I said fine, I'm going to play with my toys!!! 😜

I bought the JConcept Magmas for the Terps Typhon initially. Since it's stretched with street tires now, decided to try em on my Senton.

They fit well and have some awesome grip. Def a little different driving style due to it rolled over a lot more than the Duratrax Six Pack SCT tires I had on it. The more aggressive thread pattern and being just slightly taller than the SCT is the reason. I am sure the Senton could be lowered a little and dialed in for these tires.

After a little adjustment of throttle control I started to get it under control, less rolling over. They are also very bouncy when landing jumps. These are def made for Buggys. Will go back to my SCT tires as my senton is 99% track rig only.

But if you have a Senton you use to bash around the yard, gravel, dirt, etc......these tires are great! 😁 Work well on the Typhon too! ✌️

20221010_165634.jpg
20221010_165647.jpg
20221010_181309.jpg
20221010_183346.jpg
20221010_183246.jpg

I was able to get some track time in yesterday. Asked the kids if they wanted me to set up the badminton net to play.....they said no....so I said fine, I'm going to play with my toys!!! 😜

I bought the JConcept Magmas for the Terps Typhon initially. Since it's stretched with street tires now, decided to try em on my Senton.

They fit well and have some awesome grip. Def a little different driving style due to it rolled over a lot more than the Duratrax Six Pack SCT tires I had on it. The more aggressive thread pattern and being just slightly taller than the SCT is the reason. I am sure the Senton could be lowered a little and dialed in for these tires.

After a little adjustment of throttle control I started to get it under control, less rolling over. They are also very bouncy when landing jumps. These are def made for Buggys. Will go back to my SCT tires as my senton is 99% track rig only.

But if you have a Senton you use to bash around the yard, gravel, dirt, etc......these tires are great! 😁 Work well on the Typhon too! ✌️

View attachment 249507View attachment 249508View attachment 249509View attachment 249510View attachment 249511
What you have is traction roll.

Give it -3 degree camber on all 4 tires and -1.5 degrees front toe. Should wake that up around corners. Unless your track is sanctioned, I'd be willing to bet you get WAY faster lap times with those 1/8 buggy tires.

Give it -3 degree camber on all 4 tires and -1.5 degrees front toe. Should wake that up around corners. Unless your track is sanctioned, I'd be willing to bet you get WAY faster lap times with those 1/8 buggy tires.
I'll have to try that. (y)

Are they belted?
My bad. Should have had a link. 🤦‍♂️

https://www.liquidrc.com/item/JCO30...8-A72dWJNR5qSqYA6O2y4CUt_00MeCvxoCfNAQAvD_BwE

No, not belted. And the ones I have are on the Cheetah wheels. 😁✌️

O.....and lol...not sanctioned. It's in my backyard! 😜 🤘

Nice! Picked up a set of Duratrax speedtread triggers for super cheap recently. I'll keep these in mind for the future. Agree that the buggy wheels/tires have much less grip and tend to bounce around on rougher terrain, but they do handle speeds better imo. I don't might the cheetah wheels look at all!

Nice! Picked up a set of Duratrax speedtread triggers for super cheap recently. I'll keep these in mind for the future. Agree that the buggy wheels/tires have much less grip and tend to bounce around on rougher terrain, but they do handle speeds better imo. I don't might the cheetah wheels look at all!
They do look pretty badazz! Like they belong on a swat/military vehicle or something..

I'm kinda jealous, I don't have a use for nice chunky knobbies like these at my place. They don't hook up on the hard pack I've got here. Ive blown thru 3 sets of tires on the kexb this summer. Backflip LP's were good in the spring when it was soft, but once it dried, I tore the sidewalls out of them. Then came the TRX response pro, which were great, but burned em off, same for the DTX posse's. All slicks now. Price to play I guess.😉🍻🤣

I love the Magmas on my Typhon! Finally blew one out a week ago, but it survived at least 20 packs of 6s along with a lot more on 4s. I'll be replacing them, very solid tires!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back