Typhon Truggified Typhon vs Standard Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlatimore3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Does a truggifying a Typhon essientally make it an Outcast? Wondering how it handles compared to a standard Outcast/Notorious.

Following this thread. I'm curious also. I'm eventually making the jump to 6S and want something different than my K4S and O4S. I'm thinking of the Typhon 6s but seems like the trend is to truggify a Typhon which to me seems to be like a O6S or K6S

It will be narrower than an outcast. You change out the typhon axles, hubs and hexes, leaving the shorter typhon arms. It handles better than an outcast imo, more like a smaller faster Kraton. So much so I made mounts for the k4s body and wing. You can also add the Mojave arms for a slightly wider car. Lots of options for trugified typhon, do a search on the forum and you will see a bunch...
D44419A7-5E05-4B0D-993B-006A6B141C7C.jpeg

I have the 6s version of both. Although they seem the same on paper, they are still feel different. I have the mx28s and 300k in the center diff and the stock typhon arms.
using the same 6s battery combo on both cars, the outcast feels much better in my opinion. The typhon is so touchy on 6s it makes it really hard to drive where the outcast does not feel that way. Also, if you do not do something to keep the front tires from expanding so much, you will still hit the body. I will regularly hit the body trying to correct during a jump, which will ultimately make me wreck. I don't really even use it on 6s anymore. Although better than stock for bashing in my opinion, it still is not as good as the outcast. I know some will disagree, but I just like the outcast more. Both are great though

I have a handful of arrma vehicles... the only one I wasn’t a fan of and got rid of is the outcast.. lol don’t ask me why, I really can’t answer that. I just wasn’t a stunt truck fan I guess ?

However I love my “truggified” typhon. It has kraton stub axles and carriers. This allows for the bigger sized wheels. And also widens the stance a touch. I run Proline MX28’s on mine.

9C1D23EE-E050-4E07-9C1D-78458179787A.jpeg

If you try and put something like mx28’s or even stock kraton/outcast/notorious wheels on your stock typhon they will drag and not work. The only “upsize” tires you can fit on the stock typhon is the talion tires( someone correct me here if I’m wrong).

If your looking for something wider, you can always use the Mojave arms and axles as well. Although, you should know you’ll have to trim the tabs on the chassis where the arms pass by so they can have proper droop settings and no rubbing and you’ll not be able to revert to stock without having very little meat for the droop screws to sit on.

You can also use kraton arms and axles (plus stub axles and carriers) for a crazy wide stance.. it’ll look something like this.
5E7045E8-235D-45D3-9B3D-5176A358F176.jpeg
91B83F9F-DD07-4275-959E-6ED8F02AE39F.jpeg

hope this helps :)

Last edited:
You can also use kraton arms and axles (plus stub axles and carriers) for a crazy wide stance.. it’ll look something like this.
View attachment 87306View attachment 87307
hope this helps :)

How are you liking the extra width and additional ground clearance?

I love that I can now either slam it to the ground or jack it up to handle tougher terrain and tall grass. I can also goose the throttle and whip the back end around in thick grass without flipping over which is awesome.

May look a little strange with the wide stance and small tires but don’t let that fool you guys! This thing is a blast no matter where I run it now. Gobs of power and raw grunt with the PL MX Buggy tires, they rip grass out of the ground lol.

My Typhon has become my favorite.

How are you liking the extra width and additional ground clearance?

I love that I can now either slam it to the ground or jack it up to handle tougher terrain and tall grass. I can also goose the throttle and whip the back end around in thick grass without flipping over which is awesome.

May look a little strange with the wide stance and small tires but don’t let that fool you guys! This thing is a blast no matter where I run it now. Gobs of power and raw grunt with the PL MX Buggy tires, they rip grass out of the ground lol.

My Typhon has become my favorite.
This was actually a mock up I was doing... I never went full circle with it. I will build one soon. ??

I’m thinking I need another Typhon 6S for off road. Mine was swapped into street duty out of the box. It’s never seen dirt. I have a bunch of stock parts that I could use. Do I buy spares and build, or just buy another RTR? ??

I’m thinking I need another Typhon 6S for off road. Mine was swapped into street duty out of the box. It’s never seen dirt. I have a bunch of stock parts that I could use. Do I buy spares and build, or just buy another RTR? ??
spares builds are always my favorite. That way you can upgrade everything you need as your doing the the thing up. I’ve got a Keaton chassis on the wall I’m thinking about making into a stretched out typhon! Ha

It will be narrower than an outcast. You change out the typhon axles, hubs and hexes, leaving the shorter typhon arms. It handles better than an outcast imo, more like a smaller faster Kraton. So much so I made mounts for the k4s body and wing. You can also add the Mojave arms for a slightly wider car. Lots of options for trugified typhon, do a search on the forum and you will see a bunch...
View attachment 87224
How was this done!? It’s awesome! Did you have to change the tower? I have one of those bodies and I’d love to make use of it it’s just sitting on the shelf.

I guess there’s not much I really need that would be stock other than diff cases, f/r diffs, arms, CVDs, links, and steering parts. Otherwise I would probably just buy M2C parts for what they make plus the PPS mounts. Damn. Sounding expensive. Another $400 RTR would be much easier and cheaper. Then upgrade as I go.

I have one notcast that I left alone, and then made a few variations of typhons and each of them does feel different. Remember typhon diffs are 13t straight geared pinions and the kraton/outcast are 10t spiral cut, so you will have a little more twitchiness out of the typhon parts. My first truggified runs senton towers, kraton arms/hubs and 4s outcast wheels. My offroad typhon is on kraton arms/hubs again and talion tires. My street typhon I widened a little with the Mojave arms but kept the typhon hubs and run Hoons on it. I am in the process of keeping a typhon on stock arms to run street tires and a 56 ford body as well hahahaha.

Attachments

• black widow.jpg
    black widow.jpg
    755.3 KB · Views: 108
  • dude buggy2.jpg
    dude buggy2.jpg
    631.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Junkyard dog.jpg
    Junkyard dog.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 104
  • rc4.jpg
    rc4.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 130
  • typhon2.jpg
    typhon2.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 124
I have one notcast that I left alone, and then made a few variations of typhons and each of them does feel different. Remember typhon diffs are 13t straight geared pinions and the kraton/outcast are 10t spiral cut, so you will have a little more twitchiness out of the typhon parts. My first truggified runs senton towers, kraton arms/hubs and 4s outcast wheels. My offroad typhon is on kraton arms/hubs again and talion tires. My street typhon I widened a little with the Mojave arms but kept the typhon hubs and run Hoons on it. I am in the process of keeping a typhon on stock arms to run street tires and a 56 ford body as well hahahaha.

That’s a lot of Typhons ? Are any of them for sale lol

That’s a lot of Typhons ? Are any of them for sale lol
Heck no! I have a K6, Talion, Notcast, truggified typhon, widened typhon, street typhon, 56 ford typhon, k8, xmaxx, and an 8s Mojave/kraton/infraction hybrid that is still in the works hahahaha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back