Typhon Typhon 3s motor seized up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevo6000

Reaction score
What kind of recorse do I have for the motor on my 3s seizing up from frozen bearings after 2 runs in 3 weeks on a dirt track if I can't find my receipt to send to arrma. Has anyone else had problems with their motor? I was going through a 5200mah battery in like 8 minutes when the guys running traxxas trucks would run 1 battery to my 3. Not sure if the motor was bad from the getgo. Any help would be appreciated.

You can either find your receipt (or see if you can get a copy of it) and submit it for a warranty claim or buy a new motor - your cheapest options being from a kit breaker or buying something like a Hobbystar motor and installing that.

What kind of recorse do I have for the motor on my 3s seizing up from frozen bearings after 2 runs in 3 weeks on a dirt track if I can't find my receipt to send to arrma. Has anyone else had problems with their motor? I was going through a 5200mah battery in like 8 minutes when the guys running traxxas trucks would run 1 battery to my 3. Not sure if the motor was bad from the getgo. Any help would be appreciated.
It's a common problem with the 3S cars! It is most likely dirt blowing your bearing(s) and it could also be a tight mesh from the fixed motor mount of the V1 and V2 Typhon 3S'

Have a read through this thread. Use the o-ring mod and the power module sealing or venting mod in that thread on the next motor. Try to warranty claim a new one too!

Post in thread 'BLX Motor' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/blx-motor.20999/post-290243

I actually have this problem with a lot of my motors, the dirt gets into the bearings and just destroys everything, but my Arrrma 3s vehicles are the worst. Most of my other cars the motor bearings will last about half a year to a year before needing to be serviced, with my 3s Arrmas it is more like every 4-5 packs.

I hate to "jinx" it, but I got my Typhon 3S in March, have beat the living piss out of it (broke a chassis in the center, if that tells you anything), through water, gravel, dirt, mud, limestone hills; everything.

Stock motor and ESC. Dozens of packs through it, undoubtedly upwards of 50... disassembled the motor once (last week), and still not a single issue with it. I have definitely got more than I could ask for out of it... QC seems to be the problem here, too many "duds" leaving the factory from what I can tell!

I'm having to warranty my motor, it seized up after t minutes of running. The Hobbyshop or if you got online and warranted your vehicle they should be a le to find your purchase and warranty it out. Already warranted out the servo which would act dizzy getting stuck turning right no matter which way I turned the steering. The only way to get steering back was to hit reverse then it would act right for about 5 min then do the same. I'm finding that the individual parts that are sold seem to get better quality control check than if it was assembled as a whole then checked. The new servo has no problems so far a d bought a backup eco servo incase the oem acts up again. And if you get it warranted the local hobby shop usually puts it in for you. If you upgrade they charge like $5-$10 to put in.

Mine seized up within 2 min of my fourth outing with it. I have heard that there are a few bad batches. Your local hobby shop should know when you bought it and like mine, warranty and order a new one for you. Servo went out the 2nd outing and had to have that warranted out as well. So far it seems the individual parts get better quality control than the whole vehicle itself. Had it since Dec 23 and only got to run it right twice out of 4 times out with it. Now wating on the motor.

Mine seized up within 2 min of my fourth outing with it. I have heard that there are a few bad batches. Your local hobby shop should know when you bought it and like mine, warranty and order a new one for you. Servo went out the 2nd outing and had to have that warranted out as well. So far it seems the individual parts get better quality control than the whole vehicle itself. Had it since Dec 23 and only got to run it right twice out of 4 times out with it. Now wating on the motor.
I bought my 3s Typhon the day it was released broke an a arm on the first outing with it, then had to wait 3 months because there were no spare arms available, Rpm almost had their a arms on the market before Arrma had theirs in stock. Drove it like 5 or 6 more times then the motor bearings went to crap, put maybe another 3-4 packs on it and the servo died. It's been an endless money pit since.

I bought my 3s Typhon the day it was released broke an a arm on the first outing with it, then had to wait 3 months because there were no spare arms available, Rpm almost had their a arms on the market before Arrma had theirs in stock. Drove it like 5 or 6 more times then the motor bearings went to crap, put maybe another 3-4 packs on it and the servo died. It's been an endless money pit since.
Is this a V1?

Ummm don't want to tempt fate but my servo still works, after 12 months and 30-40 packs.
I've changed out the motor bearings twice, first time after 20 packs and it was clean as a whisky

My friends motor bearing blew up about a week ago and mine did this weekend. I ordered a jims bearings kit with motor bearings too, should be here saturday. My friend broke his chassis off in the rear right after my bearing failed, I thought I was done and would have to watch. Both typhon 3s blx 4x4 v3's. His servo also blew up and mine's still working. I had the rear diff output gear shear all the teeth last weekend. I opened both diffs while I was in there and filled them up as they were empty.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back