Typhon Typhon 6S weight reduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfulcher

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I just got a used Typon 6s. It looks to have a few upgrades including the TLR chassis. Are there other suggestions for weight reduction?

Sure, sell it and buy a TLR or Associated buggy.

The Typhon is heavy. You can shave off a tiny bit of weight here and there, but it’s expensive and the improvement is minimal.

Race buggies are much lighter. But they also aren’t as durable. Gotta pick your poison.

dure16, I totally get that and userstand. I am only doing some backyard racing against a buddy who also has a typhon. I only need to beat him 😬. I was just looking for any quick cheap things. I am switching to AKA I Beams since we are on a dirt lot, packed with LOTS of fine loose dirt on the top in most places. I guess its all down to tuning or going back to the old RC10 days and drilling holes in everything!!!! (I'm not doing that...YET, unless I keep loosing.)

dure16, I totally get that and userstand. I am only doing some backyard racing against a buddy who also has a typhon. I only need to beat him 😬. I was just looking for any quick cheap things. I am switching to AKA I Beams since we are on a dirt lot, packed with LOTS of fine loose dirt on the top in most places. I guess its all down to tuning or going back to the old RC10 days and drilling holes in everything!!!! (I'm not doing that...YET, unless I keep loosing.)
You typically have better luck by fine tuning gearing and setup. Weight is almost negligible to a point, as 6s Arrmas do not lack for power. If you’re on a track, then 4s would be the best choice as 6s is pretty grossly overpowered for that kind of technical driving. If it’s flat out on higher traction surfaces, then 6s all the way!

I agree with Dan, you’d be surprised how much faster you’ll go on a track by being slower. These 6s rigs spool up quick on 6s and you get a lot of wheelies/tire spin. Try 4s, then when you beat him, you can rub it in that you beat him with 2 less cells lol.

I tried 6s, I could not stop laughing at myself, it was crazy/wild. You guys are right 4s is the way to go, nice and predictable. I am going to adjust the diff fluids next to see how that goes. Something like 10000 cSt in the front, 7000 cSt in the center and 5000cSt in the rear.

Totally not necessary. Even with RTR electronics they run best on 4s, and 6s is too much.
And yo, welcome to the foru

Totally not necessary. Even with RTR electronics they run best on 4s, and 6s is too much.
And yo, welcome to the forum.
I have the 6s version and mainly use it on the street just for speed runs and drag racing. so I got use to the 6s power of launching it and thanks for the welcome 👋

And yo, welcome to the forum.
Agreed. I run a smaller motor than stock (4268 1800kv) and I think it drives much better. 4S only. Quick and nimble.

Your biggest change you could make weight wise is the battery itself. Maybe a 4000mah 4s would be faster than a 5000 by a little bit.
Even 3s possibly with right gearing. Corner speed beats end of straightaway speed in most cased

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back