Granite Typhon body on Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Typhon 3s
Has anyone slapped a Typhon 3s body on a Granite? Do I just have to buy the Typhon body mounts and body? I'm already going to install a rear wing on mine. I assume I'd have to buy the shock tower covers that are on the Typhon.

Has anyone slapped a Typhon 3s body on a Granite? Do I just have to buy the Typhon body mounts and body? I'm already going to install a rear wing on mine. I assume I'd have to buy the shock tower covers that are on the Typhon.
Need both the mount set and body posts. I already put the Typhon 6S wing (better than the 3S one in my opinion) on my Granite and lowered the Granite body using the Typhon body mounts/posts. I also recommend getting the Typhon/BRCC arms as they are 1-1.5 cm longer than the Granite ones and will help prevent so much rollover. The turnbuckles are the same, just unscrewed more. You may also need to get the Typhon bumper set as well. It looks better in the back with the wing and the granite bumper may look a little silly (my opinion) with the Typhon body. Shock tower cover will be a must in your situation, loss of body to protect them.
It will essentially be a short Typhon with granite wheel/tires lol

So I was working on my granite today and saw this post, so while I was working on it I tried putting the Typhon 3S body on it and I found that if you take off the front granite body posts and leave the rear granite body posts where it's supposed to be, the body fits and the front of the Typhon body rests just on top of the front body post mounting location. So doing it this way you could mount it and could use just some plain body posts from the Typhon kit in the front and reem out new holes on the front nose of the Typhon body to secure it.

That being said I think it looks kind of funny with this body but to each his own.

20201002_171912.jpg

20201002_171859.jpg

So I was working on my granite today and saw this post, so while I was working on it I tried putting the Typhon 3S body on it and I found that if you take off the front granite body posts and leave the rear granite body posts where it's supposed to be, the body fits and the front of the Typhon body rests just on top of the front body post mounting location. So doing it this way you could mount it and could use just some plain body posts from the Typhon kit in the front and reem out new holes on the front nose of the Typhon body to secure it.

That being said I think it looks kind of funny with this body but to each his own.

View attachment 102758

View attachment 102759
Thanks for those visuals. This really helps a lot. I think I will stick to the monster truck body. I already installed the 3s Typhon wing and Typhon arms and adjustable turnbuckles as mine was a Mega. I have some ZD Racing shocks on the way from AliExpress. I also have three sets of tires. Well, two new sets and the worn out Dboots granite wheels. It's currently torn apart after I had the 3s BLX slipper clutch set too tight and ended up stripping out the rear mega diff. So I'm waiting on the two 13t hd inputs to go along with my 3s BLX diffs. After that, it's going to be durable truck. I've spent way more upgrading this Mega than if I had just bought the 3s BLX to begin with. But I've learned a ton in the process. I will post pictures when it's all completed.

Here is mine with the Typhon 6S wing, Typhon arms, and body posts.
Also has a 3D printed TPU wing riser.

Still need to put on the GPM turnbuckles, waiting on my ZD shocks as well (went with 1/8 buggy shocks: 110mm front, 130mm rear for max bashing dampening)
IMG_20201002_183746.jpg
IMG_20201002_183752.jpg
IMG_20201002_183811.jpg
IMG_20201002_183827_1.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back