Typhon Typhon V3 w/ MX28 Badlands on F11Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just put the regular badlands on my typhon and wow what a missle!!! THESE tires rip on it control is unbelievable 2 and they held up to some serious punishment and hard awkward landings on huge jumps

Hows the durability with those big wheels?
Id like to make the change, just don't want to sacrifice durability.

Hows the durability with those big wheels?
Id like to make the change, just don't want to sacrifice durability.

Much better since I sanded down the hubs instead of using hex extensions actually. Rear bearings are faring much better that way, and no more broken front a arms.
Highly recommended even if the car is a bit less super wide.

My Typhon is now a truggy on F11 trenchers, it has Outcast side and mudguards, a Kraton rollcage/tower and a monster truck body.

It handles... Weird, when jumping or on rough terrain. Local track is a small BMX disused one, so medium jumps, little to no maintenance of the surface.

What's the best configuration for the shocks? I mean which hole in the tower, how much preload, oil thickness.

Thanks!

I did some test and it looks like I need harder springs and thicker oil given the exra weight, any advice for this?

Anyone have a parts list of exactly what’s needed to get the Kraton 1/2” wider setup on a v3 typhon?

Another advantage of going wide is putting on "gocart" wheels for street drifting. Just won't flip...Lol. This is my Truggified Typhon in speed mode.View attachment 13621
Just need to know to watch out for those damn minivans always parked dead Center at the end of the road... lol I watched your "TT vs OUTCAST HYBRID" vid on YouTube and it's a good thing that TT didnt get airborn or it would have been that minivan in the shop with the damage...not the TT????‍♂️?‍♂️ Haha good thing those jconcept tires no doubt. As for the "explanation" between the two arrma modified rigs... I'm hoping to pick up the jconcepts tires for the "go-kart/drifting" for street and what I'm hoping will be best for the brand new Typhon to TT BUILD. For offroad I'm hoping I've got it right when you suggested the Proline F11 rims/wheels with either mx28, 2.8 badlands or the 2.8 trenchers... qurious if there might be any issues or tips you Rich, or anyone else might have for me in reference to me buying the f11 wheels/rims only( 4 pair) and 2 diff full sets of 4 tires for my Truggified Typhon seperately so I can properly strap the tires and glue tires to rims myself as well as for the set of off road tires such as the 2.8 badlands or PL 2.8Trenchers... unless otherwise suggested ofcourse? I can see that it might be a little more $/ time consuming to buy tires&foams/wheels seperately but I want to avoid having to rip brand new tires off the rims that seem to be easy to find online but come pre-mounted. I am on a budget but since the TRUGGIFIED seems to be such a beast ide like it to be built best I can without stretching my wallet or time more than need be so I can get to bashing asap. My stock dboots backflips were also in need of some TLC and didnt have fun attempting to dismount those tires in Hope's to use the "gorilla tape method" prior to recounting them but now I've got the bead torn up and starting to think I just might buy a set of tires to fit the dboots backflip rims.... Any help, suggestions and or pointers would be a great help as I'm fairly new to the hobby/and forums so if this is not the correct way to post I apologize and will try to post this in the wheels/tires area of Forum but thought bvb that i should try and stick it to Mr Rich Duberbash aka "O.G. ARRMA" man himself just prior to building what I believe was at first a modification originally brought to life on his bench for his sons typhon... nonetheless wanted to get any/all pointers to get me back bashing asfor the specific tires /rims/methods most widely recommended for the TRUGGIFIED and maybe the best tire to throw on a set of dboots backflip wheels if not replacing them with backflips?? Tganks so much in advance and hope to hear from the more kbowleable than myself if poss.Owe yall one

Attachments

• 20190225_183255.jpg
    20190225_183255.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 80
Just need to know to watch out for those damn minivans always parked dead Center at the end of the road... lol I watched your "TT vs OUTCAST HYBRID" vid on YouTube and it's a good thing that TT didnt get airborn or it would have been that minivan in the shop with the damage...not the TT????‍♂️?‍♂️ Haha good thing those jconcept tires no doubt. As for the "explanation" between the two arrma modified rigs... I'm hoping to pick up the jconcepts tires for the "go-kart/drifting" for street and what I'm hoping will be best for the brand new Typhon to TT BUILD. For offroad I'm hoping I've got it right when you suggested the Proline F11 rims/wheels with either mx28, 2.8 badlands or the 2.8 trenchers... qurious if there might be any issues or tips you Rich, or anyone else might have for me in reference to me buying the f11 wheels/rims only( 4 pair) and 2 diff full sets of 4 tires for my Truggified Typhon seperately so I can properly strap the tires and glue tires to rims myself as well as for the set of off road tires such as the 2.8 badlands or PL 2.8Trenchers... unless otherwise suggested ofcourse? I can see that it might be a little more $/ time consuming to buy tires&foams/wheels seperately but I want to avoid having to rip brand new tires off the rims that seem to be easy to find online but come pre-mounted. I am on a budget but since the TRUGGIFIED seems to be such a beast ide like it to be built best I can without stretching my wallet or time more than need be so I can get to bashing asap. My stock dboots backflips were also in need of some TLC and didnt have fun attempting to dismount those tires in Hope's to use the "gorilla tape method" prior to recounting them but now I've got the bead torn up and starting to think I just might buy a set of tires to fit the dboots backflip rims.... Any help, suggestions and or pointers would be a great help as I'm fairly new to the hobby/and forums so if this is not the correct way to post I apologize and will try to post this in the wheels/tires area of Forum but thought bvb that i should try and stick it to Mr Rich Duberbash aka "O.G. ARRMA" man himself just prior to building what I believe was at first a modification originally brought to life on his bench for his sons typhon... nonetheless wanted to get any/all pointers to get me back bashing asfor the specific tires /rims/methods most widely recommended for the TRUGGIFIED and maybe the best tire to throw on a set of dboots backflip wheels if not replacing them with backflips?? Tganks so much in advance and hope to hear from the more kbowleable than myself if poss.Owe yall one
Definitely need to watch for parked minivans ?. My Truggified just slipped under her with a big of wing clanging ?. Both MX28's and Trencher 2.8s make for great Truggified Typhon options. The original Badlands 2.8 are a bit light for easy flips and air control. They're also much narrower. Taping tires definitely helps with ballooning, but mine have always let go at some point after enough 6s abuse. Using 2 rows of Gorilla brand 36lb fishing braid (3 wraps per row) secured with CA glue yielded the best results for me personally. With that route, you could simply buy premounted MX28s just like for the Proline ProMT 4X4 and add the braid. Guys running 4s even run them stock and just vent them. Whatever you decide, the MX28's are my all around favorite tire for the Truggified platform.

Definitely need to watch for parked minivans ?. My Truggified just slipped under her with a big of wing clanging ?. Both MX28's and Trencher 2.8s make for great Truggified Typhon options. The original Badlands 2.8 are a bit light for easy flips and air control. They're also much narrower. Taping tires definitely helps with ballooning, but mine have always let go at some point after enough 6s abuse. Using 2 rows of Gorilla brand 36lb fishing braid (3 wraps per row) secured with CA glue yielded the best results for me personally. With that route, you could simply buy premounted MX28s just like for the Proline ProMT 4X4 and add the braid. Guys running 4s even run them stock and just vent them. Whatever you decide, the MX28's are my all around favorite tire for the Truggified platform.

I run them on my Granite with the HR 17mm hex adapters. I have them wrapped with fishing braid as well. I love those tires. I am picking up a set for my BRCC.

How do u strap?
I've used 2 techniques. I've used 2" Gorilla tape to belt the tires from the inside and have also used Gorilla brand fishing braid, 38lb test, between the treads. The braid actually worked the best for controlling ballooning. I did 2 rows per MX28 with 3 wraps per row and simply used CA glue to tack it down. For taping, I only used one overlapping layer. It would hold, but eventually let go or broke after enough months on 6s power. Probably best to do 2 plus wraps, but adds weight.

I've used 2 techniques. I've used 2" Gorilla tape to belt the tires from the inside and have also used Gorilla brand fishing braid, 38lb test, between the treads. The braid actually worked the best for controlling ballooning. I did 2 rows per MX28 with 3 wraps per row and simply used CA glue to tack it down. For taping, I only used one overlapping layer. It would hold, but eventually let go or broke after enough months on 6s power. Probably best to do 2 plus wraps, but adds weight.
I used 50lbs braided fishing line, with a layer of tire glue. Vented like u said with brass tube. Only 1/8 though. 4 holes and plugged the inside. Think I am ready for the bmx track Tomorrow! ???

Attachments

• 20191108_220148.jpg
    20191108_220148.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 20191108_171549.jpg
    20191108_171549.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 98
Anyone ran 3.8 instead of mx 2.8s...stupid tires selection always is a disaster it seems. No hobby shop worth a damn around here to put them in hands prior to purchase

Example.... What the heck size would you all say these are...

I did this today...but they will snag your body when you turn and they slightly balloon. So it wont' work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back