Granite upgraded bearings, which kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bladefan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
Hi guys,
I have a Granite MEGA that was converted to brushless, with new spur and aluminum faceplate. I would think I would want the kit for the 3s? And not the MEGA.
Was planing on getting fasteddy. if anyone has suggestions or things I should check or look into please let me know.

Hi guys,
I have a Granite MEGA that was converted to brushless, with new spur and aluminum faceplate. I would think I would want the kit for the 3s? And not the MEGA.
Was planing on getting fasteddy. if anyone has suggestions or things I should check or look into please let me know.

Honestly, I do not think you can go wrong with any of the kits. Many here like Fasteddy... JimBearings is another good one. TRBC is good and I am a fan of the DSM Off-road bearing kit. I have bought Jim, TRBC, and DSM....using DSM recently because I like the thick feel of the marine grease used in the bearings.

I feel for a basher marine grease in the bearing is best and how I repack them when I do. I am not looking for speed for bearings with a basher so do not like the light oils for basher bearing. I want to keep dirt OUT as best I can so prefer the new ones packed with a nice weight of grease to better protect the bearings.

I like FastEddy myself. As @parcou mentioned, there are several kits out there.
Run a search for the Granite Mega and you will find lots of good info from other users and suggestions for mods.

Thank You parcou! thats super cool about the DSM. hadn't even heard of them before. But since its bashing im doing, it makes a lot of sense.

I think the OP's question us about which vehicle type to buy the set of bearings for because he has a mega that has been changed to brushless rather than asking what brand to buy from.

I would be surprised if the brushless conversion changed many if any of the bearings that come in a kit so I would think you still want the mega kit.

Yes thats true Joshtix. that was more what I was looking for
Amain for fast eddy does list the bearings for each kit. the DSM website says the one kit is good for all. I guess I ought to look at which bearings I have. Kind of a pain.

Honestly, I do not think you can go wrong with any of the kits. Many here like Fasteddy... JimBearings is another good one. TRBC is good and I am a fan of the DSM Off-road bearing kit. I have bought Jim, TRBC, and DSM....using DSM recently because I like the thick feel of the marine grease used in the bearings.

I feel for a basher marine grease in the bearing is best and how I repack them when I do. I am not looking for speed for bearings with a basher so do not like the light oils for basher bearing. I want to keep dirt OUT as best I can so prefer the new ones packed with a nice weight of grease to better protect the bearings.
Hey bud u gots a link to those grease filled u dare speak of??

Trbrc.com is my favorite and the owner is a stand up guy. Great quality. I order directly from him instead of amazon listing, order more and get discounts not available on amazon.

Hey bud u gots a link to those grease filled u dare speak of??

It was posted above:
https://www.dsmoffroad.com/

Again...all personal. I have TRBC and Jim's but not spoken about here a lot are the DSM but I like the feel better....but they are just as close as TRBC.... so don't use me as a guide :)

It was posted above:
https://www.dsmoffroad.com/

Again...all personal. I have TRBC and Jim's but not spoken about here a lot are the DSM but I like the feel better....but they are just as close as TRBC.... so don't use me as a guide :)
Too bad taking ur judgement into consideration anyway😆. I did notice it says v1&v2. Thought my big rock was a V3?

No offense to the DSM guys, but I’m not sure I want to buy bearing for my ”aarma“ from them😆

AF83035E-4399-4E72-B3A2-3CCF1F7F0D0E.jpeg

Too bad taking ur judgement into consideration anyway😆. I did notice it says v1&v2. Thought my big rock was a V3?
I have the v3 Big Rock....the bearing I purchased from DSM are all the same and fit the v3....

Fast freddy on the chassis and i got jims in the motor!! Ceramic is where its at but im a broke buster!!🤣
Is the ceramic deal worth it? I figure it’s really good for going thru deep deep puddles regular.

don’t know anything about Abec. Still seems to be a thing on skateboards and rollerblades.

Idk..i mean you get like 60% less friction and the free spin on them is ridiculous.. But i think they might be a little better sealed too.. Maybe for racers!?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back