Outcast V3 Outcast?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it looks awesome but im not sold on that brace setup.... it looks like there could be potential for other problems if the mounts are all plastic... it has an antennae which is cool but most likely cause the tactic had more range i would assume...
I hear ya, and it might not be as strong as that massive piece of square aluminum pipe I have in there now, but it won't bend my shock towers either. Won't know til I try it, and I will try it. Spektrum's use antennas. I noticed it on @bicketybam's recent Outcast build. If it's the same price to market, the updates are 100% worth it.

Well nothing is going to beat the brace I use but it's a start. The transmitter is the lowest of the low. I thought the trash they included with the the DBXLe was bad. I'm not even going to bother selling it, I'll just trash it. I don't care about the EC5s either, since I use XT150s. A huge +1 for the steering rods, center diff, & motor mount.

Yeah
I for sure thought the new models would have gotten the DX2E.
Yeah, this. I've been really considering the new DX5 Rugged. One of my justifications was thst new Arrmas will come with a DX2E, so I could bind the RX with the new DX5 Rugged (and not need to buy spare expensive Spektrum RXs. But, nope.

Well nothing is going to beat the brace I use but it's a start. The transmitter is the lowest of the low. I thought the trash they included with the the DBXLe was bad. I'm not even going to bother selling it, I'll just trash it. I don't care about the EC5s either, since I use XT150s. A huge +1 for the steering rods, center diff, & motor mount.
I agree wile that brace might not be the strongest thing to have it sure as hell beats not having one. You should read some of the complaints about the STX2 over on the Ecx forums. And Meh battery connectors are easy to swap.

Yeah
Yeah, this. I've been really considering the new DX5 Rugged. One of my justifications was thst new Arrmas will come with a DX2E, so I could bind the RX with the new DX5 Rugged (and not need to buy spare expensive Spektrum RXs. But, nope.
This was my thought as well. I have a DX5C and was like nice if Arrma's start coming with DX2Es then I just have to bind it to my radio. You can get 3 channel receivers on eBay for like $16 I have one in my LC Racing EMB-1 and it has been working fine for a while now https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/113408664604

I am honestly surprised that it doesn't have Dynamite electronics.

Found this pic on Instagram. Shows all the new stuff.

I don’t know much about radios how bad can the new one be? It does look better but that doesn’t mean anything. I don’t think they would take a step backwards

I don’t know much about radios how bad can the new one be? It does look better but that doesn’t mean anything. I don’t think they would take a step backwards
I think they have small antennas and the radios are alot bulkier

+1. But I’m gonna be honest I’m definitely not a spectrum guy. All my trucks are so complicated, there’s a lot of radio noise. Spektrum radios definitely fair horribly when it comes to that, so I’m happy I got a v3 truck. The xt150’s are good I heard. I’d buy them if I had the high powered iron to solder to such a big connector, but I don’t.

There’s a lot more to it than that. Range, precision, throttle latency, steering latency, receiver maximum voltage, and interference resistance.

The STX2 had awful range & steering issues with the ECX line, so they were switched out to the DX2E, which just have steering issues. This is one of the worst spectrum systems to date. I don't know how many more 1/8 Arrmas I will buy in the future but I have enough Tactic combos to cover them all.

It's horrible. The Ecx guys hate it.

The STX2 had awful range & steering issues with the ECX line, so they were switched out to the DX2E, which just have steering issues. This is one of the worst spectrum systems to date. I don't know how many more 1/8 Arrmas I will buy in the future but I have enough Tactic combos to cover them all.
I think the brushed models still come with the STX2 but the brushless comes with the DX2E.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back