Vorteks Vorteks speed improvements

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tara

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Senton 3s
Just curios how can I get more speed out of my vorteks?

You could try a bigger pinion first on your motor and a then smaller spur gear :)

Im not sure if you're able to adjust the motor mount on these to allow that but it would be a great start.

Then maybe look to change the motor and speed controller to allow a 4s or 6s battery.

Im sure that there will be a ton of hop ups for these awesome trucks soon

Last edited:
You could try a bigger pinion first on your motor and a then smaller spur gear :)

Im not sure if you're able to adjust the motor mount on these to allow that but it would be a great start.

Then maybe look to change the motor and speed controller to allow a 4s or 6s battery.

Im sure that there will be a ton of hop ups for these awesome trucks soon
Some threads on here already so check them out ;)

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/motor-upgrade-for-arrma-vorteks.677/
That appears to be a thread about the old vorteks. Not sure much advice would apply.

It is not as fast out the box as the videos show. Not popping wheels.
Could it be a setting in the esc?
I have changed it to the speed pinion and I'm not seeing the speed.

How do I change the punch setting?

There’s a dedicated page in your manual explaining how to do that. It even has pictures.
Thank you. I got it figured out.
Hope to try it out tomorrow and see what it will do.

I suppose it's possible.

Screenshot_20210428-215815_Chrome.jpg

The Vortek will do 55 mph OTB, seen it done several times. With included speed pinion it should do the 60 mph advertised. Fast little truck.

Mine did 54 out the box 59 with 20 tooth pinion 63 with 23 tooth pinion gets hot and cuts off after 3 passes with that pinion I'm about ready to put a castle system on it..it's not fast enough for me

Just turn the avc all the way down. Wheelies all day

All day. No problem
Ours now has a 15T pinion for longer run times (we don't use it for speed runs so the slightly reduced top speed doesn't matter) and that wheelies like mad even with the AVC at 50%. :)
Mine will be here in less than 24 hours and I expect it to wheelie. My Big Rock will wheelie on demand and the Vorteks has the same power module with a shorter wheelbase. It will wheelie.
i thought you had one already ???

Higher top speed can be achieved by any of the following: bigger pinion, smaller spur, bigger tire diameter, higher kv motor, more volts. Changing the pinion is the cheapest and easiest way, but will affect motor temps and torque.

Being able to wheelie is different and inversly related to some of the above. If your truck won't pop a wheelie, increase the punch setting to 4 or 5. If that still doesn't work, the slipper is probably set too loose.

Higher top speed can be achieved by any of the following: bigger pinion, smaller spur, bigger tire diameter, higher kv motor, more volts. Changing the pinion is the cheapest and easiest way, but will affect motor temps and torque.

Being able to wheelie is different and inversly related to some of the above. If your truck won't pop a wheelie, increase the punch setting to 4 or 5. If that still doesn't work, the slipper is probably set too loose.
Thats really helpful. Didnt know half of that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back