Want to upgrade my kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bolorc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I need advice, want to replace stock motor on my kraton with a leopard 4082. I cant decide between 2000kv or 1600kv. I primarily run 4s and run the blx200. I use it for bashing i have it geared kind of high, run a 19t pinion and proline badlands 3.8 for tires. I didnt have any heat issue till i started running the heavier bigger backflips. I know i can gear down but i like the way it feels. So all this being said is the 2000kv or 1600kv 4082 a better choice? Looking for cooler temps and faster on 4s.

The lower the KV the more torque it has. Maybe try a cooling fan on your motor? I put a twin tornado fan from Yeah Racing on mine.

I use the hobbywing heat sink fan combo already. Can i gear the 1600kv higher and get good performance speed/torque mix still with 4s?

You'll certainly have to play with the gearing once you go with a lower KV motor. Because your actually changing the gearing of the truck when you put bigger size tires on it you'll have to change the pinion size down a tooth or two. Should be around the same speed but the motor won't have to work as hard to turn the tires.

I did actually drop down to the 17t pinion for the larger backflips like the way it felt with the 19t and the larger tires. I think i might just go with the 2000kv for now. Do you think it'll run cooler thank the stock 4074 2050kv geared the same

Gonna try the leaopard 4282 v2 2000kv, has a sealed can. Will let everyone know how it performs... wont be ordering till thursday so if anyone else has advise or would like to weigh in please do. Thanks paultro84 for the feedback.

Gonna try the leaopard 4282 v2 2000kv, has a sealed can. Will let everyone know how it performs... wont be ordering till thursday so if anyone else has advise or would like to weigh in please do. Thanks paultro84 for the feedback.
So how'd it run!??

Lol! Found this old thread researching 2000kv vs 2050kv comparison. I'm thinking it's probably not worth the upgrade effort unless you get to 1800kv. Especially with the tuning options on the 2050kv.
I wonder if anyone will see this or if I should just start a new thread?? ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back