Kraton Well, project "turn an outcast into a kraton" has begun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast EXB
Picked up an Outcast 6x exb rtr on sale for $500 and ima turn it into a kraton. Adding a protek servo and a castle mmx/2200kv combo as well... let the fun commence!

20221111_191332.jpg

Any tips or advice appreciated!

Picked up an Outcast 6x exb rtr on sale for $500 and ima turn it into a kraton. Adding a protek servo and a castle mmx/2200kv combo as well... let the fun commence!

View attachment 255792
Have fun during the process...

I am working on a project myself!

Goodness! Those steering posts were a pain! If only they would have put a flat surface there somewhere...

View attachment 255792
Get some good fans for that motor and ESC if you plan on running it on 6s. That combo is good, but a bit undersized for a Kraton 6s. I use that combo in my Arrma 4s rigs, and have one buggy with it I use 6s with. Always have heat issues with the 6s.
It is made for 1/10 scale trucks or 1/8 scale buggies. It is an awesome 4s combo though.

I would recommend to use the MMX 2200kv in the MT410, and get a MMX8s 1650kv for the Kraton.

I had an MT410 with the 2200kv combo and it was great on 4s. Much lighter rig and better suited for that combo vs the Kraton.

Get some good fans for that motor and ESC if you plan on running it on 6s. That combo is good, but a bit undersized for a Kraton 6s. I use that combo in my Arrma 4s rigs, and have one buggy with it I use 6s with. Always have heat issues with the 6s.
It is made for 1/10 scale trucks or 1/8 scale buggies. It is an awesome 4s combo though.
Oh, I bought it because the description days 1/8 scale trucks up to 15 pounds. I am assuming it is the castle equivalent of the hobbywing max8/2200kv right? I plan on running 4s with a 15t pinion.
I would recommend to use the MMX 2200kv in the MT410, and get a MMX8s 1650kv for the Kraton.

I had an MT410 with the 2200kv combo and it was great on 4s. Much lighter rig and better suited for that combo vs the Kraton.
I had a mojave exb that I put a hobbywing max6 / 1650 in and it was a monster on 6s(I couldnt keep the wheels on the ground). I don't think I need the Kraton to go that fast.

Well that was fun. Looks like I got the wrong wing...Jenny's rc has me covered though. I left the stock electronics in for now. I ordered a fan to go on the heat sink in case I want to try 6s.

20221112_204721.jpg

No pun intended but wow an extra 2" sure makes a difference. It is much less squirrely now. I do believe I will get me a 6s battery though. I don't run them for long, so the stock motor should work just fine. I ordered a fan just in case. I am assuming the stock 12t pinion should be fine on 6s?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back