What’s this “EXB” all about?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So there will be EXB Typhon, Outcast, Nototrious...?
Checking parts on HH states parts are only compatible with this new Kraton model #. I guess these parts aren't compatible with V4 Kraton that i have? Wanted to replace A-Arms and diffs with these new EXB parts.

Last edited:
JayTee has his video up and when he compares the chassis he has the old one backwards ???

On the website there are parts shown, so my guess is yes. It’s going to be a lot of models to support...

Been thinking about this all morning, about the only "Miss" I can find, is the painted body... I wish it was clear, or at least has a clear body option.

Pretty minor complaint, though.

Of course, about a month after I get my 6s and finally buy the M2C chassis and shock towers LOL
On the bright side, those of use that have the old Kratons can purchase these parts for upgrade from Arrma instead of searching for other manufacturers!

Checking parts on HH states parts are only compatible with this new Kraton model #. I guess these parts aren't compatible with V4 Kraton that i have? Wanted to replace A-Arms and diffs with these new EXB parts.

Of course, about a month after I get my 6s and finally buy the M2C chassis and shock towers LOL
On the bright side, those of use that have the old Kratons can purchase these parts for upgrade from Arrma instead of searching for other manufacturers!

Exact same story here! My Kraton is now decked out in RPM, GKA and M2C parts and I got my last order less than 2 months ago. No regrets though... It's part of the game.

I find it pretty cool that Arrma identified the main shortcomings of their RTR and addressed it like that!

Shock rod ends and cups look the same. They EXBed the pin but not the rod enda and cup. I never had an issue with the pin. ??‍♂️

Shock rod ends and cups look the same. They EXBed the pin but not the rod enda and cup. I never had an issue with the pin. ??‍♂️
They beefed up the shocks (and the rod ends) with the v4 upgrades. Guess they thought it was enough? ?‍♂️

I’ll detail a list of all the new parts that Arrma released later tonight but just for starters we have
X-Hard servo saver spring
New shock bodies front and rear
New pillow balls
New receiver box
Sealed bearings
Aluminum chassis braces across the current 6s platform
Aluminum 7075 chassis for all current 6s models
Aluminum top plate
7075 Towers for 6s lineup
New front upper suspension mount with Captured upper hinge pins
New beefier diffs (mod 1 gears instead of the 0.9mod)
New turnbuckles
New 7075 CBC steering rack
New Kraton body
New front bumper
New steel RF and RR suspension pin mounts
New A Arms
Diff outdrive inserts
New input shaft cups
New diff outdrives
New shock standoffs (ARA330703)

Rich shows in his video that they did upgrade the shock ends.

Are those parts on the new basher or are those parts that will be available? Shock bodies look interesting....

I hope the chassis,chassis brace and servo mount will work on my Mojave. Nice job Arrma

Are those parts on the new basher or are those parts that will be available? Shock bodies look interesting....
Most are but some parts like the new shock standoffs don’t show up on any of the exploded views
4DC897AD-C03F-4F67-B01C-D44DB234D84B.jpeg

Checking out the Arrma web site on desk top it appears these new EXB parts ARE compatible with previous models. ?

Selecting each part and the site provides an image of the compatible models. That's how I interpret.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA320570

Checking out the Arrma web site on desk top it appears these new EXB parts ARE compatible with previous models. ?

Selecting each part and the site provides an image of the compatible models. That's how I interpret.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA320570
Also instead of looking part by part, you can go to your model and then see what all the EXB parts are.
In this example I have the Typhon 6s page pulled up:

1593713705714.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back