What’s this “EXB” all about?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given most of us already have upgrades for servo mounts, shock towers, and chassis braces....
The only really big news here to me is the LSD center diff and better F/R diff gears.

1593692258140.png

Attachments

• 1593692258459.png
    1593692258459.png
    635.7 KB · Views: 38
And a center Limited slip diff? Interesting... I wonder if handling will suffer? seems like it will just end up being locked with a bit of slip for crashes? I guess you can have a standard diff ready in hand if you want to track bash.
I'm not sure it's limited in this sense, maybe its just more sensitive to thicker oil? with those plates? The design is similar to the Super Baja Rey diffs:
LOS252070_a0.jpeg

I don’t understand the difference between the New LSD and the standard diffs. Isn’t there supposed to be some kind of spring thingy in a LSD?

Blah.. Disappointed..
So, what were you expecting? a 100% new platform? This "Kraton" looks to me about 70% new parts - and most of the parts they didn't change (shocks, rod ends/steeringT2T bracing) were new/updated for V4. But yeah, same platform.

So, what were you expecting? a 100% new platform? This "Kraton" looks to me about 70% new parts - and most of the parts they didn't change (shocks, rod ends/steeringT2T bracing) were new/updated for V4. But yeah, same platform.

I wasn't expecting anything, I was "hoping" for something completely different when I saw the original thread...

If I want a truggy, I'd spend a few bucks more and buy a real one in kit form.

I wasn't expecting anything, I was "hoping" for something completely different when I saw the original thread...

If I want a truggy, I'd spend a few bucks more and buy a real one in kit form.
I agree, I was hopeful for a new platform.
We were given hopes of more 8s Vehicles late 2019 so I think many of us were expecting some new vehicle.

I just sold my K4S and posted in an Arrma group on Facebook “time to figure out a replacement/ upgrade”. Jason commented saying “wait until tomorrow”. So that comment right there makes me believe it will be a vehicle and not an electronics line or something like that. Possibly not even rollers. But hey, I could be wrong.
Personally I hope it’s some type of rock racer/ rock bouncer. I know they said they’d never do a crawler, but a rock racer would fit in with the basher theme. Hell, if they can call the Infraction a “street basher” they could definitely make a rock basher. Brushless, independent front/ solid rear axle suspensions. Hey, a guy can dream right? o_O
I do believe Jason has said Arrma will not be doing any solid axle trucks. This was when they came out with the Mojave.

Basically, they now offer most of the parts people were breaking/upgrading.

M2C and other aftermarket parts manufacturers will take a hit from that. LHS will benefit.

This explains why Eric and Rich haven’t had any vids lately... I saw thier names at the end of the video on the arrma-rc website along with KiTris ExtremeRC and Jaycee rc.

Edit:
Actually Eric’s vid is up now

Really nice features, price is right too, upgrade to all that stuff and you are well over a grand and still have the weak links this hopefully has solved. great candidate for the new sensored 1717 castle 8s system. I love it, I want one...nice to see it doesn’t come with the stx2...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back