Talion What’s with Tower and armma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLELITE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
trying to order parts for my various units,,, everything is backorder,,backorder. Is armma or Tower have a problem or what,,,getting pretty frustrating to say the least. Must bea real slow boat from China..

trying to order parts for my various units,,, everything is backorder,,backorder. Is armma or Tower have a problem or what,,,getting pretty frustrating to say the least. Must bea real slow boat from China..
There are numerous posts about the Hobbico thing. Hobbico owned Tower and Arrma and went through bankruptcy since they weren't able to pay their vendors. A couple of weeks ago, Tower Hobbies, Axial, Arrma and some other rc portions of Hobbico were sold to Horizon Hobbies. Horizon has said that soon they will have parts available again for the Arrma vehicles. Between the vendors needing to get caught up on production now and Horizon figuring out how to absorb Hobbico, it is just going to take a little patience before everything returns back to normal.

I have to say the communication from horizon has been horrible, or at least what I've experienced. They should be talking to their customers letting us know everything is good and provide a timeline. I've had a Typhon back ordered and the vendor said they are being told NOTHING.... FRUSTRATING

This is also concerning to me, as I want to buy my first Arrma but am not sure if Horizon is just going to scrape Arrma altogether.

Horizon seems to be a well run company for the most part but I am wondering how they are going to manage all these different brands and what will happen if they ever experience a downturn.

Best regards,
Brian

I don't think they will scrap it but I do think they could be doing a much better job communicating some type of plan. Ignoring their new customer base isn't the start to a good relationship.

This parts shortage is NOT HH's ignoring Arrma or us Arrma Customers... This is the hole that Hobbico dug when they could not / would not pay suppliers. Supplier don't get paid, they stopped making parts, and put other projects to the front of the line. Now HH has to get the contracts re-signed and THEN get into the back of the line, and wait their turn for parts and cars to get produced. This is how manufacturing works. It is called "Lead Time", and is measured in weeks or months, not hours or days.

You are pissed about the parts shortage, that is fine, I get it, and I am not gonna stop you. But make sure you direct your anger at the people that actually caused the problem, and not the people trying to get Arrma out of the hole it is in.

Because that would make sense... spend the huge amount of money they did just to throw it away. :rolleyes:

Fact is Arrma has been bought out, Horizon can do as they please with Arrma. They could absorb the company and re-brand the products or if the cost analysis doesn't make sense to them they could scrape the the line all together and move on with others.

Do I personally think it will happen? Probably not. Only Horizon really knows the future of Arrma and I sure hope Arrma will be better than ever under them.

Time will tell.

If they wanted Arrma to go away, they could have just done nothing, and saved $18mil.

But they did spend the money. Then they sent emails to the Arrma dealers saying they were committed to keeping Arrma going. Now they are honoring the Arrma warrantee on ESC's, motors, and other electronics. I don't see any reason to panic, or spread FUD about Arrma's future.

Not to scare anyone away or rain on any optimistic views regarding how long we'll have to wait for parts and RTR's, but I've been in manufacturing for the last 15 years and work with vendors from all over the globe. For the type of equipment that I buy (industrial), typical lead time from Asia once wire transfers are complete usually range from 6 to 12 weeks, depending on volume. That doesn't include slow boating it over to the US which takes another 30 to 40 days as long as it clears customs without issue. Add 2 more weeks to receive the order and get it in customer hands regardless of port of entry.
Now, having said that, what I buy is extremely specialized and not streamlined for expedited manufacturing or delivery so I have no way of knowing how my industry correlates with manufacturing and distribution as it relates to the RC world, but that's all I have to go on as a worst case scenario. Also, there's no way of knowing where Horizon is in the above process or if there's a warehouse full of Arrma parts just waiting to be put into circulation. I wouldn't have just invested over a grand in Arrma products if I for one second thought that they were going away, because they're not. We just have to be patient and this will pass.

If they wanted Arrma to go away, they could have just done nothing, and saved $18mil.

But they did spend the money. Then they sent emails to the Arrma dealers saying they were committed to keeping Arrma going. Now they are honoring the Arrma warrantee on ESC's, motors, and other electronics. I don't see any reason to panic, or spread FUD about Arrma's future.

That information is good to know and makes me feel better about the direction Horizon is going in. Part of my issue is the LHS in my area is all doom and gloom about this situation and that has probably rubbed off on me.

Just pulled the trigger on the talion so my support is with Arrma and their future.

Last edited:
Not to scare anyone away or rain on any optimistic views regarding how long we'll have to wait for parts and RTR's, but I've been in manufacturing for the last 15 years and work with vendors from all over the globe. For the type of equipment that I buy (industrial), typical lead time from Asia once wire transfers are complete usually range from 6 to 12 weeks, depending on volume. That doesn't include slow boating it over to the US which takes another 30 to 40 days as long as it clears customs without issue. Add 2 more weeks to receive the order and get it in customer hands regardless of port of entry.
Now, having said that, what I buy is extremely specialized and not streamlined for expedited manufacturing or delivery so I have no way of knowing how my industry correlates with manufacturing and distribution as it relates to the RC world, but that's all I have to go on as a worst case scenario. Also, there's no way of knowing where Horizon is in the above process or if there's a warehouse full of Arrma parts just waiting to be put into circulation. I wouldn't have just invested over a grand in Arrma products if I for one second thought that they were going away, because they're not. We just have to be patient and this will pass.

All that said... I'll still hold on to my money before committing to an Arrma vehicle. I really hope they start getting trucks and parts out there, but I don't want to have another truck sit on a shelf while I wait 3+ months for parts to show up. I already have 2 HPI Savage's I've driven somewhat tentatively for the past 2 years because of that. While I beat my revo's into submission because I know I can fix them without hesitation.

This shortage is also making the "used" deals you could usually get not such a deal. Why spend 90% for a used truck you have no knowledge of the history of and hope you can find parts to get it up to snuff when it isn't?

It's frustrating for me as I have seen what a Talion can do and take, but it does break and an outcast is pretty much the same truck. So, if I have to wait a season to buy, so be it. It won't stop me watching the videos or reading about them on the forums so I know what I'll be buying.

IMG_6576.jpg
I noticed this little update the the arrma-rc.com website this morning.

I was of the understanding that ARRMA was a UK company, and that Hobbico owned all the distribution rights in the US. So that being said, ARRMA isn't going anywhere. You can still find new V3 vehicles online from overseas distributors, but they are much higher priced. To be honest, being patient to get a new V3 Kraton sucks, but I'm waiting. The quality alone of my Typhon, vs the Slash 4X4 is huge. ARRMA will be keeping my business.

I was of the understanding that ARRMA was a UK company, and that Hobbico owned all the distribution rights in the US. So that being said, ARRMA isn't going anywhere. You can still find new V3 vehicles online from overseas distributors, but they are much higher priced. To be honest, being patient to get a new V3 Kraton sucks, but I'm waiting. The quality alone of my Typhon, vs the Slash 4X4 is huge. ARRMA will be keeping my business.

Hobbico did have distribution rights for some companies that they did not own (like Futaba) but Arrma was 100% owned by Hobbico, and now Horizon. Yes, the Arrma "home office" is in the UK, but that does not make then an independent company.

Since making the post earlier I called Horizon and interrogated one of their customer service reps for about 10 minutes on what to expect with Arrma moving forward. He was reluctant to answer any questions, but after asking him basically the same questions phrased 10 different ways, he responded with "business will funnel through Tower Hobby as not to confuse customers",and that "for now they would be where I need to go for ordering anything Arrma".
I could tell that he knew more but was reluctant to share more info and kept reverting back to how new the acquisition of Hobbico brands were, and that things are still being sorted out internally with Horizon management.
It seems as though their plan (at least short term) is to keep Tower Hobbies up and running as the "got to" for all the brands purchased during the Hobbico bankruptcy.

As a side note* if you got to Tower Hobbies website and click on [Dealer Locator] it takes you to a Horizon Hobby page.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back