What’s your favorite servo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fav is absolutely the team Corally fully steel voteless cs 5245. Fast for a servo that can dish out 45 kg of torque and completely steel. Worth 100$. Also Corally has great service so they replaced my servo a week after i found it defective. Durable as hell and survived being in my sledge and hoss

My fav is absolutely the team Corally fully steel voteless cs 5245. Fast for a servo that can dish out 45 kg of torque and completely steel. Worth 100$. Also Corally has great service so they replaced my servo a week after i found it defective. Durable as hell and survived being in my sledge and hoss
I had my romance with TC's servos, it was practically a one night stand, LOL. I picked an rtr takeoff from JRC for like $30. Put it in a K6EXB, lasted a couple packs. Started glitching like crazy at idle..Ted at JRC sent me another for free as I I explained my situation and that I was going to place an order for other parts anyway. That one lasted a month or so. I know they're budget low end in the TC lineup, and I'm not saying the $100 units aren't better. They sure better be I hope. I like TC as a company, and do enjoy my Kronos XTR. They've warranted drive cups for me FOC at nearly 8 months old on the truck.. kudos for that. Even gave me the upgraded spring steel cups they had recently released with the '22 model. Mine is a '21.

If you have a few rigs you can go for the expensive ones. I just don't see the point in using expensive servos having many rigs. I don't need the most precise steering on the 6s Kratons. The servosaver spring is weak anyway - stronger servo not really doing anything. Weak spring in the saversaver is good when you jump a lot. No need to stress the servo with a stiff servosaver.

If you have a few rigs you can go for the expensive ones. I just don't see the point in using expensive servos having many rigs. I don't need the most precise steering on the 6s Kratons. The servosaver spring is weak anyway - stronger servo not really doing anything. Weak spring in the saversaver is good when you jump a lot. No need to stress the servo with a stiff servosaver.

They are the only ones I can find that last more than 3 packs other than the DS3225s but they are too weak and slow for the 1/8th rigs.
AGFRC, which a lot of the examples are rebrands of
I've been eyeing this one https://www.agf-rc.com/2023-carniva...less-steering-std-servo-a81bhsw-p4979538.html

Last edited:
I’ve got these in a couple of my 6s rigs and I’m satisfied for the cost.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09B726QTM?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I’ve got a couple of these Jx ecoboost servos in rigs and I’m not real impressed with them. I thought a lot of people on here liked them, but I’m not in that group.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07SV1R9YS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I run the Primal 1373 in both my 8s Arrma rigs and have had great luck with them.

In my Xmaxxs and XRTs I’ve got a promodeler, a Perfect Pass and an AGF, haven’t had a chance to run the AGF yet but I’m told the Perfect Pass is basically the same thing.

I don’t typically spend too much on servos, when I had my Mojave as a 1/7 Outcast with the 8s backflips the Nimod servo I listed above did a fine job turning them.

AGFRC, which a lot of the examples are rebrands of
Yeah, I bet many of the AZN, AliEx and ebay are the same servo in a different wrapper..
Case in point.. how much difference can there be?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230913-203433_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230913-203433_Samsung Internet.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20230913-203421_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230913-203421_Samsung Internet.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 38
Yeah Racing 33kg. It's fast, waterproof, and I've yet to kill one. I run them on the Queen of Destruction's (my daughter) trucks too.

I just priced up replacing all my servos with good quality 35-55kg brushless servos..
It would cost me around $2000..!!!
So that ain’t happening 🤣🤣🤣
And that doesn’t even include the two 1/5 scales I have..!!

I just priced up replacing all my servos with good quality 35-55kg brushless servos..
I'm in a similar situation.. if money weren't such a thing, I'd do it for sure, but it is so. DS/HX servos it is!! LOL

You see, the trick is to only buy one at a time and also to never tally up your RC purchases.

If I don't drive it I don't store it. That philosophy keeps my truck collection under control and my kids and friends happy.

+1
DS3235 35 kg AMZ ($34.00) servos...10+ rigs with them. All my SS's are on the tight side. I did get one of them NIB DOA, AMZ replaced it no issues. Cheap enough to always have a spare one. Just never changed one out. Yet. Not the most precise servo out there. But works great for bashing. Centers just fine. All My 6s rigs. And bashing will trash most any servo. Are consumable anyway. Even on 7.4v BEC they work great. But as stated above, installing $100.00+ servos in 10+ rigs is $1k in servo's alone. That's not how I RC. Been there. I can't put all my $apples$ into just one RC. I have many of them. I've been the whole Savox, Hitec and Futaba route already. More money spent doesn't necessarily make them last any longer IMHO.
If you race competively at a track, that's a whole different story. I started RC racing at the track, I was a Futaba fanboy. No more. Especially with bashing, there are way better inexpensive choices out there. Don't get me wrong, Futaba servos are among the $best$. And there are others. Choosing a servo can be rather subjective.

Last edited:
I have DS3235 (35k) in 1/8 Savages and kraton, they last for bashing. Recently discovered the DS3225 PRO (25kg) as I needed a faster servo to compete with Truggies and buggies at the track. The PRO versión is faster than the standard one and this type is powerfull enough and fast on 6V (even higher voltaje can be used). Higher servo speed made a big difference at the track. I have not bashed with this one but It looks like its got the same internal gears as the tough DS3235. Now I am gradually replacing my rigs with DS3225 PRO.

The DS3235 (Pro) seems to come and go at AMZ . Some on AF have tried them with success also. Not easily found all the time at AMZ, just a few sellers have them. But for a few coins more I would try them. It is supposedly a tad bit taller. I bet the only difference is a larger/longer motor. All else looks the same, from what others have stated. Metal gear train and all.
Just all of my regular DS's have not failed me yet. And I still have a new spare backup one on the side for a few years now.
I find that the basic DS3235 (SG) is rather plenty fast enough for me, if running at 7.4v BEC.
I don't like servos that are too fast, too sensitive to Steering input. Just my driving style. I sometimes turn down the servo speed at the radio. And dial it better with ST Exponential as well. Depends on the rig I am driving. From my 1/8 Bashers to my 1/7 Lim and Infr. speedrunners. 35kg's, give or take, is fine for these RC platforms.
I don't find these servos to be BEC Amp Hogs, unlike some of the Savox servos out there.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back